Christmas Eve plans?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2008, 08:42 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
What is your plans for Christmas eve?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DH and I are staying in with Mom. We are gonna watch Christmas movies all day! I can't wait to watch Fred Claus! We are going to make last min cookies and make cheese/salsa/hamburger dip. My step brother from the Army is coming over with his 2 months old daughter and his wife for dinner and give him & DD Jaylee presents. It's her first christmas. Then go to bed around 11pm after putting stuff on the couch and stock the candies in the stockings with Mom.
December 23rd, 2008, 09:13 AM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tonight we are going out for my Birthday....Tomorrow is low key, ordering pizza at our place with the IL's then Thursday we go out to their place for Christmas dinner and do gifts....

December 23rd, 2008, 09:18 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Am I the only one that has to work tomorrow? I'll start a new thread for that!

We have our big dinner with my MIL and family tomorrow. It's the most amazing food, and I'm super excited! My favorite meal of the season by far!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

December 23rd, 2008, 09:30 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to try to get DH to work out with me in the morning. Since I usually get up around 5:15 or 5:30, I doubt there's a huge chance he'll go with me. We'll probably leave to go to my MIL's around 9:00. We have no plans for the day there and I'm bringing a bunch of books with me since it's usually laid back and not very exciting. DH wants to see his father too, but his dad just got married and hasn't been returning any calls I'm sure we'll end up doing a bunch of cooking, and if I don't get out to do it tonight, I want to buy some stocking stuffers for the group. My in laws never do stocking stuffers and I'll miss it if we don't do it since my family always does them. We don't do anything big, just fun little things that people can use i.e. lotion, chapstick, gum, exotic fruit etc.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

December 23rd, 2008, 10:09 AM
Quote:
We have our big dinner with my MIL and family tomorrow. It's the most amazing food, and I'm super excited! My favorite meal of the season by far!! [/b]
What is the meal you are about?
December 23rd, 2008, 10:12 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We'll be hanging out with my family tomorrow! And my Grandpa is visiting from California so i'm super excited!!

December 23rd, 2008, 10:25 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
We have our big dinner with my MIL and family tomorrow. It's the most amazing food, and I'm super excited! My favorite meal of the season by far!! [/b]
What is the meal you are about?
[/b]

Well, it's a traditional Polish (or Slovac?) dinner (I believe), and everything is homemade by Jon's Grandma and Mom. I know the main dish is ham, but we have breaded mushrooms, homemade pierogies, lots of things I can't pronounce... wow, I just drew a blank, I can't even remember everything... Ooh, homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade dumplings, breaded shrimp, homemade potato bread..

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

December 23rd, 2008, 10:25 AM
LivingAsSara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After David gets out of work, we'll be going to my parents for supper and family time!

December 23rd, 2008, 10:34 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH & I are both working all day (so Jackie you're not the only one working!). We'll probably get home between 6 & 7. We'll be heading out to Christmas Eve services at church and then back home.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
December 23rd, 2008, 10:42 AM
Clare's Avatar Wishy
Send a message via AIM to Clare
I did all the food shopping today, tomorrow i am finishing doing laundry to get it out of the way and then tidying the house. Dh and I have ordered a chinese takeaway so we will have that and then relax watching films.
December 23rd, 2008, 11:04 AM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're leaving tomorrow morning to go to Chris' parents. We're going to have Christmas dinner there, exchange gifts and go see his grandma. We'll spend the night there and we'll be back in Montreal on the 25th because I have to work We're going to celebrate Christmas with my family on the 26th.

December 23rd, 2008, 11:07 AM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have to work tomorrow, too.

But after that, go home, have hot cocoa with one of my DH's cousins who's in town for the first time in several years (never seen our house), then off to my family's party, then possibly midnight mass (if not exhausted) then out to my parent's lakehouse, where we'll spend the night and open presents in the morning. Then from there to DH's family for Christmas dinner and more presents. Gonna be an exhausting two days! But fun!
December 23rd, 2008, 12:35 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH and I will be heading down to his parents house to do their traditional Christmas Eve. All of My FIL's family gets together at my in-laws (and there's a lot of them) and we have dinner and exchange gifts. I'm excited about the dinner cause DH's grandma makes homemade pasta, and there's fish and all sorts of good non-meat stuff! (It's their take on the Italian tradition of the feast of the 7 Fishes) It's not quite what it was at my Grandmother's before she passed, but it's still nice.

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

December 23rd, 2008, 01:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We'll be hitting the highway as soon as DH is home from work. We have a 6 - 7 hour drive to his SIL's ahead of us (depending on road conditions). I'll spend the morning getting the car packed and will get gas, then we'll take off when he's home.
December 23rd, 2008, 02:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We go over to Matt's dad and stepmom's for dinner. We are not sure what they are having. My family is coming over for christmas lunch on thursday, so I will be making turkey, dressing, potatoes, greenbeans, rolls, and cookies for the dessert. Then we are going to my brother's to exchange gifts with the kids. My parents are driving in since there are 3 out of 5 of us live in College Station. Matt's parents live here too and my parents plan on retiring here in the next few years.

</div>
December 23rd, 2008, 04:39 PM
Sounds like fun plans, everyone!! Drive safe!!!!

Jackie, that sounds good (except shrimp.. not fan of it!)!!! Have fun and enjoy some for me!

Cris, that sounds good too!

Boy we are gonna have to work together to motivate ourselves to shed thanksgiving/christmas/new years pounds
December 23rd, 2008, 06:58 PM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We currently don't have any plans. My family is in Cali and DH family is in Oklahoma. We will be just hanging out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search