Work Schedules?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2008, 09:20 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aaron's thread got me thinking. .. am I the only one that will be here at work tomorrow? (Stalking the forums because it'll probably be quiet?!?) What about the day after Christmas? One of my bosses told me that we can opt to take Friday unpaid, but nothing's been announced as of yet. I had saved vacation up to 2 weeks ago when I had to use it for my darned cyst! So, who has to work?

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

December 23rd, 2008, 09:26 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I get tomorrow off. We don't get many days during the year, but we always get 2 days at Thanksgiving and 2 days at Christmas. DH and I both took Friday off as a vacation day and were both approved months ago. His boss came back this week and said he might call DH in that morning It's pointless for him to go in, so we're both a bit peeved about it. That also means we have to come home on Christmas day to make sure we're here for him to go back to work.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

December 23rd, 2008, 09:39 AM
Sophia.'s Avatar Veteran
I have to work 24th, 26th and 27th. Christmas Day is my only day off!

December 23rd, 2008, 09:43 AM
CutlassDiva's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Christmas is my only day off as well. I work tomorrow for 6 hours then an 8hr day on Friday....Gotta love working for a retail giant.....at least I am not in the stores

December 23rd, 2008, 10:16 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have this whole week off but that's because i'm jobless. I sure hope i find a job soon though!

December 23rd, 2008, 10:23 AM
LivingAsSara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm jobless at the moment, myself (due to a recent lay-off) so I'm not working. BUT, I always did on Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas.

My husband only has Christmas off- he works Christmas Eve (day) and after Christmas

December 23rd, 2008, 10:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
I am working tomorrow, but hopefully only until about noon or 1. I will be off on Thursday and Friday. YAY for a long weekend!

December 23rd, 2008, 10:37 AM
BeckyM's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm working tomorrow as is my DH. My DH may also have to go in for a few hours on Christmas day as well. I did request Friday off as vacation.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for another perfect siggy!!
December 23rd, 2008, 11:07 AM
~Caroline~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not working tomorrow but I'm working 4pm to midnight on the 25th. The good thing about it is that I'll get paid AND they'll give me two extra days off that I can take any time next year. So it's not too bad. I'm also working on the 28th, 29th, 30th and January 2nd. Chris is on vacation (paid) starting tomorrow until Jan. 5!

December 23rd, 2008, 11:12 AM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, this is a sort topic for me. I have two vacation days left this year, and other than Christmas day itself, I wanted to use one tomorrow, since my hubbie (who's in retail) miraculously got the day off, and we haven't had a full day together since Thanksgiving (as I'm in the 9-5 M-F world, which doesn't mesh with holiday shopping hours ), but nooooo, boss says he wants to close the office for the day AFTER Christmas and wants everyone to use that day as their second holiday day. I'd rather work Fri then Wed, but he's pretty firm about it, so I guess I'll be stuck here.
December 23rd, 2008, 11:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Man it really sucks that some of you have to work around the holidays, I'm sorry! I have off because I'm a teacher (one of my favorite perks of teaching)!

December 23rd, 2008, 11:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have Wednesday and Thursday as holidays, and I took Friday off! Can't wait!

December 23rd, 2008, 12:32 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since my boss just told us we can take Friday unpaid (or come in and work if you have stuff to work on), I decided I'm going to NOT tell DH (he's off Wed-Friday), and set the alarm for Friday... then I'm going to keep snoozing it and act like I'm not going in, then surprise him and tell him I'm staying home! It sounds way funnier in my head I'm sure than it does writing it, but you get the idea!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

December 23rd, 2008, 12:47 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I have this whole week off but that's because i'm jobless. I sure hope i find a job soon though![/b]
When I was a Nanny though, eventhough I had a flexible schedule, I still had to work on Christmas eve and the day after (as long as it wasn't a weekend). Mom and Dad needed me to distract the kids and let them have a break from the excited children! LOL It was always fun to me though, so I didn't mind working those days!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

December 23rd, 2008, 01:09 PM
STL_Beth's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I feel pretty lucky. I'm an accountant and I get Wed-Fri off because they are holidays for us. I also get next Thursday and Friday (Jan 1-2) off for holidays. I'm taking PDO next Mon-Wed, so after the next 1.5 hours, I don't have to be back here till Jan 5!!!!!

My work has 10 holidays, basic 8 plus 2 floating that the firm sets. I think it's pretty common in the accounting world. HOWEVER, I will come back in January working like 55 hours a week until April, so there are trade-offs!

My Blog
December 23rd, 2008, 01:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm off M-W this week . The 25 & 26th are both holidays in Canada, so DH will be off then too!
December 23rd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a 1/2 day today and I don't go back until January 5th. (I am working my second job the 26,27,28 and then I'm done forever).
My office takes on the Texas A&M University holidays and we shut down during the Christmas break! It is one perk of working for the state and having my office on an educational campus.

</div>
December 23rd, 2008, 06:18 PM
ESMERALDAAZ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ESMERALDAAZ
I'm off 24th and 25th

Thank you claire1979 for my beautiful siggy!!

December 23rd, 2008, 06:56 PM
Justjeni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I work tomorrow 7-4 then I have a four day weekend!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search