Okay so...

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 24th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Does having ewcm ALWAYS mean you ovulated? Even i its really early in your cycle? My last cycle started November 10th and i'm still waiting on AF to show. I had ewcm on cd 14-17, at least i assume thats what it was. I know many people are mis informed but i was talking to someone else who is ttc and she was like "oh theres no way you ovulated so early if your cycles are so long" and i was pretty sure she was wrong but i obviously didnt want to debate at a friends party! Lol. But anyway i mean, i dont actually KNOW that i did ovulate that early in the cycle but thats when the really watery CM showed up (and it was a very noticeable increase and lasted about 4 days like i said so its not like i'm like that all the time - it was obviously a noticeable change which means something different is going on in the body right?) so i just assumed after reading about CM that thats when i might O. So umm i'm sorry if this doesnt make sense i'm super tired and i'm starting to ramble but basically, does EWCM always occur around O time? Or can you have ewcm on cd 14 then O on like, day 28 or something like that? And can you have ewcm and not O at all?

December 25th, 2008, 04:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
It can be confusing, but basically you do ALWAYS have EWCM at O time (most people, some women do have the issue of not having enough). However, your friend is right. If you had EWCM early in your cycle and thought you O'd, but haven't either had AF or a BFP (in greater than 18ish post when you thought you ovulated), then you probably didn't O then. Your body can gear up to O and then not O for reasons such as illness, stress, travel, etc etc. That could explain EWCM and no ovulation. The best way to confirm ovulation is by temping each month so that you can see a clear thermal shift.

I guess my biggest question if your last cycle began November 10th and you haven't had AF, have you tested?

December 25th, 2008, 08:22 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
It can be confusing, but basically you do ALWAYS have EWCM at O time (most people, some women do have the issue of not having enough). However, your friend is right. If you had EWCM early in your cycle and thought you O'd, but haven't either had AF or a BFP (in greater than 18ish post when you thought you ovulated), then you probably didn't O then. Your body can gear up to O and then not O for reasons such as illness, stress, travel, etc etc. That could explain EWCM and no ovulation. The best way to confirm ovulation is by temping each month so that you can see a clear thermal shift.

I guess my biggest question if your last cycle began November 10th and you haven't had AF, have you tested?[/b]
This happened to me last month my body geared up to o on CD14 and then again on CD21 and I ovulated CD21. Had I not been temping there would have been no way I would have known that.
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

December 25th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well i always have long cycles so its not surpriseing to me that AF isn't here yet.... we werent trying last month this will be our first cycle TTC when AF does finally come but i actually did test anyway "just in case" last weekend, negative so. I guess i should have included all that information in my first post, sorry!

December 25th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay so i know people have been busy the last few days so im bumping this so more people will read it! Thanks yall

December 26th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
The other thing is you could be having an anovulatory cycle, which sometimes can be quite long. If you don't get AF soon, you might call your doctor and just run it by him/her to see what they think...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search