O/T: Just made an offer on a (foreclosed) house - YIKES!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2009, 05:24 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, we have been looking at houses for the last few months, DH has his own business (selling stuff) and though its definitely not super profitable or anything like that, it takes up a ton of space and with our tiny micro-size house it literally doesn't fit...his stuff is all over the place now because there is just no more room for it...and we have absolutely no room here for a child - except in our bedroom...we've been looking once a week - we look at about 10/week, we have looked at SO many houses, and there is always something wrong with them, or they are out of our price range...but today we finally found one that was big enough and that we could afford (afford being the key word - cause man, even though its a buyers market so many of these things are out of our - low - price range for what we are looking for!)...

Matt loved it, and so did I, the land is gorgeous, the house from the outside looks perfect...it has 5!! bedrooms (Oh my, the kid bedrooms were decorated so cute and the master bedroom has 4 huge 6 ft windows looking out on the backyard filled with trees!!), 4 bathrooms, a sunroom, 3 fireplaces, 4000 sq. ft., 2.2 acres of land...BUT, it is a foreclosure...and it is DEFINITELY a fixer upper - or to put it nicely, it "has potential" (as in, we'd have to live in our old house and spend lots of time/money to fix it up before we could even dream of moving in)...the really big deal is that there are cracks in the walls and ceiling and we dont know what kind of structure problems it might have because ot that (otherwise its mainly just paint and new floors and roof repairs)...but, its only like $50/sqft...so, we made an offer. - AHHH!!!..our realtor said that its supposed to take forever for the bank to get back to us on it...and that if there are major structural problems, then when we go through with the inspector, we will NOT buy it...but oh my gosh - IF, BIG IF - IF it doesn't have structural problems, then this is the home of our dreams...

Just had to share, am really excited - IF...
February 18th, 2009, 05:36 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can sense the excitement in your post! That's great! I hope that everything works out for the best and you'll be moving into the home of your dreams soon!!! Good luck!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

February 18th, 2009, 05:43 PM
LOL...I'm giddy...I know that what is keeping people from this house is the fixer up part...but, I have summers off, and I get so bored - so this would REALLY give me something to do...specially if I was making a nursery (a girl can hope - right)

view from the master bedroom
February 18th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm excited FOR you!! Hope it turns out well!

February 18th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That's great, I hope it works out for you

February 18th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds awesome! Foreclosures don't always take forever, it kind of depends on what you offer and if they have any other bids.
Hope it all works out.

</div>
February 18th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Micksbabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh that is so exciting!!! I hope that everything works out for you guys!!!

Thank you Bokkechick for my gorgeous siggie

February 18th, 2009, 08:07 PM
kasey3's Avatar Super Mommy
That is so exciting! Good luck!!

Thank you dizneenut for my gorgeous siggie!!

February 18th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Veteran
That's SO exciting!!

February 18th, 2009, 09:04 PM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tonya,
Please please don't let me crush your dreams, but just wanted to share with you that when we tried to buy a foreclosed home, the bank took over 6 months to get back to us. it was awful, and we just moved on. just please keep looking in case it falls through.
February 19th, 2009, 03:38 AM
LittleLady19's Avatar Laci
Send a message via MSN to LittleLady19
I love the view you have in the master bedroom. I dont know if you've seen/heard of the book twilight but in the movie that reminds of me Edwards room Don't mind me I'm just rambling!! Good luck on getting the house!!

February 19th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
It sounds amazing...very exciting...having a summer project is fun too!!! Please KUP!!!

February 19th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Tonya,
Please please don't let me crush your dreams, but just wanted to share with you that when we tried to buy a foreclosed home, the bank took over 6 months to get back to us. it was awful, and we just moved on. just please keep looking in case it falls through.[/b]
Rachel-
This is exactly what the realtor said...I love the house, but we will keep looking at the same time, and if we find something better (I dont think we'll find something for that price though - but still - something just as good and easier to buy), we will definitely jump on it
BTW, did the bank accept your offer eventually, or did you just withdraw it?
February 19th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's very exciting!!!!!! Good luck!!! DH and I have been looking at houses the past several weeks as well! It's a little stressful but very fun!! I'm crossing my fingers for you!!!!
February 19th, 2009, 07:18 AM
chloe2005's Avatar Super Mommy
Fixer upper or not, it sounds like an amazing house! Best of luck to you, and i know it is next to impossible (believe me I know) but try not to get too stressed.
February 19th, 2009, 08:29 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Woohoo!! That's really exciting!!! I hope it doesn't have any structural problems, it sounds like the perfect house for you otherwise!!

February 19th, 2009, 08:58 AM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
BTW, did the bank accept your offer eventually, or did you just withdraw it?[/b]
We just withdrew it. In fact, we actually didn't have to do anything, because the date on our bid contract had long since passed. We'd already closed on the home we're living in now by the time they finally got back to us (and it was a rejection of our offer anyway, which wasn't surprising because we low-bid it, hoping they'd come back and propose something in the middle)

Best of luck to you - hope that the banks are being more PROACTIVE now, since Congress is on their butts about it!!
February 19th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I don't know what the house market is like down there, but I know it took DH and I TWO MONTHS of just constantly looking before we found this place. It was nuts...so many houses...it's funny because I never noticed how many houses were for sale before I started looking, and now I notice it all the time. GL...and the frustration is still fresh in my mind if you ever want to vent (it would be something that could keep my mind off of TTC.

February 19th, 2009, 10:28 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so excited for you! I really hope everything works out quickly. The view from the bedroom is amazing! Good luck!

February 20th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's a great view. Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search