OMFG

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So dh and i went out to buy a new tv, we were gone for maybe an hour. When we got back dh opens up the door and oh man the dog ate some garbage... that sucks but really no big deal. So we continue into the house and in the living room we discover, oh wait she also ate the ear piece for Dh's x box, our toothpaste and my bbt! So again that sucks but really not that big of a deal. We've been testing her for short amounts of time without closing her up in our bedroom or putting her in her crate and shes been doing fine the past 3-4 times we've tried it, so we thought nothing of leaving her out since we'de only be gone for like an hour. So we bring the tv in and we're getting ready to go right back out and pick up sdd when i notice there are some windows up on my computer (a laptop) and i know i had closed everything out on it before i left. Well, i think hmm.... maybe she was up on my table somehow pressing buttons so i go to close them and leave. Well i glance down at the keyboard and my stupid dog ATE half my keyboard! ***! She literally chewed off half my buttons. WHO DOES THAT?! Ugh, i'm so annoyed right now. Thank goodness the computer itself is not ruined and i can still get all my files and stuff but theres no way to fix it so i have to either just hook a regular keyboard to it when i'm in the house but its ruined for if i want to take it somewhere or something. I just dont get what got into her! Shes a chewer but shes got two bones, toys and her favorite blanket laying right next to the stuff she ate. ARGGGGG.

February 20th, 2009, 05:25 PM
txjovigal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to txjovigal Send a message via Yahoo to txjovigal
Oh my, is your dog still a puppy?

working on my 3rd, for sure by 11/15/11
February 20th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
She's almost two.

February 20th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I_Run_with_Scissors
oh no!! That would have made me pretty peeved!!

just another reason i dont want a dog!
February 20th, 2009, 05:35 PM
txjovigal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to txjovigal Send a message via Yahoo to txjovigal
Oh, thats not good! I would have been really upset too!

I wish I could give you some advice, but Bear never chewed anything!

HUGS

working on my 3rd, for sure by 11/15/11
February 20th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, that sucks!
February 20th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Jaz.MomTo1's Avatar hoping & praying
OMGosh I would have been so mad! I can only imagine!!!!! Sorry it happened to you Sam!

+
Interracial Love
February 20th, 2009, 07:00 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have one dog who is a little angel, never got into anything ever - even when he was a puppy...and the other dog completely made up for it - he has done everything wrong that you could possibly think of...honestly, the best way to avoid it is the crate...my little terror really enjoys his crate - its his cave...and he loves it in there...

At this point he is almost 4, so just this last year we stopped using it as much...but, we didn't trust him for a really long time...and its just better that way...

Poor puppy - he's going to have quite the stomach ache...Nitro is a vaccuum, never have to worry about dropping something on the floor, its gone as soon as it touches the floor...

when he was little, I had to feed Carbon (my angel dog - who was 25 pounds at the time) a bunch of pills...Nitro was only about 3 pounds at the time, and Carbon spit out the pills, and Nitro ate them right up...had to feed him hydrogenperoxide (which he also lapped right up) to make him throw up or it could have killed him...

But...he is the happiest, sweetest thing in the world...and being around him immediately cheers up the grouchiest person, cause he is like a little rainbow

PS-and to illustrate that point...I just put a tissue on the ground that I'd used to blow a whole bunch of stuff out of my nose...he just grabbed it and ate it - the whole thing...haa!
February 20th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thats the most frustrating part is she is so darn cute!! We're going to put her back in her crate from now on i guess. She hates it in there so i feel bad but we gave it a try and she blew it so oh well i guess

February 20th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
Try reading this for some helpful hints on how to handle the chewing:
http://www.perfectpaws.com/chew.html
http://dogobedienceadvice.com/how_st...om_chewing.php
http://www.raisingspot.com/behavioral_prob...dog_chewing.php

The biggest number one thing that helps any dog is walking and exercise. Make sure you're taking your dog for long walks. It's especially helpful just prior to leaving.

February 20th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ooooooh. I'd be madder than mad!

</div>
February 20th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for the links but unfortunatly, we do all of the things they advise and she still did this.

February 20th, 2009, 08:38 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh that must be annoying! I would have been upset too!! I hope she gets better at staying by herself. I have no helpful tips since i don't have a dog.

February 20th, 2009, 08:40 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eeeek! I'd be a bit upset too!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

February 20th, 2009, 08:43 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Thats the most frustrating part is she is so darn cute!! We're going to put her back in her crate from now on i guess. She hates it in there so i feel bad but we gave it a try and she blew it so oh well i guess [/b]
Oh yes, super cute...I know it!! Right now both of them are curled up at my feet keeping me warm and toasty...we played ball for an hour today, so they are exhausted!
It made me laugh so hard when you said that the dog ate your BBT cause I have had a similar situation...
One time I had to explain to my kids at school when I gave them back half-eaten tests that the dog ate their tests! HA!

I'd say do everything possible to get her to enjoy the crate...I know what worked for Nitro is that I'd put a big kong in there right before putting him in there (I'd put soft food in the Kong - and freeze it)...he'd run right in...gave him something to chew on and made him enjoy the crate...but he's been crated since he was a puppy...I also put a blanket in it that smelled like me to make him comfy...they should eventually think of it like their own little cave (its not a mean thing to do, just practical)...good luck
February 21st, 2009, 05:05 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Oh no!!! Sorry to hear what your dog did to your belongings!!! I know you said she is back in the crate... will you try to transition her again or has she completely blown it for you?
Makes me a little worried because I've been wanting to transition my puppy (11 months yesterday) to stay out of the kitchen where she is locked up when we go out, but DH is afraid of her doing exactly what your dog did. She's a chewer too.

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
February 21st, 2009, 05:39 AM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Call Caesar Milan!!
February 21st, 2009, 06:04 AM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, no Sam!! I'm sorry!!! I also have to keep my two dogs (1 & 2) in a kennel. They've gone in it at night or when we're gone since they were puppies. I absolutely HATE it!!! But, they don't seem to mind too much anymore and it keeps them from chewing my house up!! Hang in there girl!! I know you must be aggravated!!
February 21st, 2009, 07:11 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
sorry to hear about that...that totally stinks...I would be super mad to...I have never heard of a dog eating a keyboard.

February 21st, 2009, 07:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So i was thinking about it last night and im not entirely sure she ate it she could have just stood on it or something. They keys are off but they are not actually chewed up so who knows... but hey at least i got Olive Garden out of it. Dh took me even though he doesnt like it bec i was sad

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search