How did you DH ask you to marry him?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2009, 04:56 PM
LittleLady19's Avatar Laci
Send a message via MSN to LittleLady19
haha my DH must not have a very big romantic side. He asked me to marry him in the middle of dtd'ing romantic huh? But we ended up keeping it a secret until about a year later DH FINALLY asked my dad for my hand in marriage. While changing the oil in my car, my dad thought he was talking about the car at first About a year later we just got married in the court house and had a small reception afterward

March 9th, 2009, 05:04 PM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Chris did it really cool!! He's a very private & shy kind of guy! I expected it to be while we were alone or with our family but NO - he did it at his work Chrismakah (Christmas + Hanakah) party!

There was a magician there doing card tricks, etc over dinner. He works for a smaller company (then it was less than 20 people). So there was maybe 40 of us there. After dinner, we went to play some pool and hang out and then got summoned for the magician's finale! So he did some tricks and was pretty cool. Then he turned to me and asked me for one of my rings... I didn't want to give him any of them! He asked for my promise ring. He made it disappear, made it reappear on a key chain, made it disappear again and then went on to do another trick. I was like... um, my ring, please!!

The magician said "I'm going to show you some real magic! Ready? I don't have your ring... it's now in HIS pocket!" and he pointed to Chris. Chris was like "my pocket?" and then he stood up and reached in his pocket and pulled out the little black velvet box. He went down on his knee and asked me to marry him!!

I love the way he did it!! So unique and he did something that was so out of his character!!!

March 9th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elissa-TTC View Post
Chris did it really cool!! He's a very private & shy kind of guy! I expected it to be while we were alone or with our family but NO - he did it at his work Chrismakah (Christmas + Hanakah) party!

There was a magician there doing card tricks, etc over dinner. He works for a smaller company (then it was less than 20 people). So there was maybe 40 of us there. After dinner, we went to play some pool and hang out and then got summoned for the magician's finale! So he did some tricks and was pretty cool. Then he turned to me and asked me for one of my rings... I didn't want to give him any of them! He asked for my promise ring. He made it disappear, made it reappear on a key chain, made it disappear again and then went on to do another trick. I was like... um, my ring, please!!

The magician said "I'm going to show you some real magic! Ready? I don't have your ring... it's now in HIS pocket!" and he pointed to Chris. Chris was like "my pocket?" and then he stood up and reached in his pocket and pulled out the little black velvet box. He went down on his knee and asked me to marry him!!

I love the way he did it!! So unique and he did something that was so out of his character!!!
That was very cool!!!!

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
March 9th, 2009, 08:36 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH took me to the lake to feed the ducks, which is what we did on our first date. He hid the ring down in the bread and got on one knee. It was so funny because I grabbed a huge handful to give to him so he could feed the ducks; he had counted how many slices down and I completely messed his count up! I was so shocked I could only say "Uh, okay thanks" and I gave him a hug. He was a little bummed by my response but now it cracks him up. He says it was such a Casey thing to do.

March 9th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well... it wasn't romantic but it was what I wanted....

I couldn't wait any longer for my ring... so one night in the kitchen he pulls it out and goes... "So you wanna?" And.... well I said "Yes".... I'm not much of a romantic but we had gone out and custom created by engagement and wedding band... so I knew I was getting it soon.....
March 10th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Takinabreak
Aw, such cute stories! I love it!

I had been less than shy about dropping hints. It actually got to the point where he told me to stop mentioning it. Then one day he told me we were meeting up with a friend of his from school. We drove for a few hours and pulled up into the driveway of a large house and there was a hot air balloon laying on the grass!

DH is not one to plan surprise excursions like this, so I confess that I knew what was coming. I even saw the ring box outline in his back pocket. (But don't tell him! He must NEVER know it wasn't a complete surprise!)

Anyways, once we were high up in the air, he told me to close my eyes and he put the ring on my finger. I said, "Arent you gonna ask me something?" And he says, "Will ya?"

I could have cried, but the balloon basket is very small and we were cramped in there with our balloon pilot as well, so some of the intimacy was lost I suppose. But he was so sweet to plan it all out that way for me.
March 10th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Everyones stories are so cute and romantic...

March 10th, 2009, 09:00 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love all the stories. I guess it's my turn now:

DH and I have Disneyland annual passes since we live so close. We had been friends for a few years before dating so our first actual "date" was to Disneyland for my birthday. So the place had special meaning for us.
On that day, we were walking around Disneyland and he was acting so weird! So weird that I felt like he was going to break up with me! He finally leads me all around Disneyland to the wishing well. We make a wish and throw in a couple of coins. Then he sits me down and tells me that his wish was that he could be with me forever, and I would be his wife, etc.

He took me in front of the Magic Castle and tells me to stand there because he has a surprise. Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. He even had a photographer ready and waiting there to photograph the event.

Later he confessed to me that he had been carrying the ring around for weeks waiting for the perfect moment to ask me. I thought that was cute.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

March 10th, 2009, 09:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This was a great idea! I love all the stories!!

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy For my beautiful siggie!

March 10th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Em2528's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everyones proposals are soo cute. I think we need to each share a wedding pic now LOL...im going to start a thread!

................. .
.................................................. ..
March 10th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to USArmySPC_2010
We had an adventure for ours. I was at MOS school for the Marine Corps and we had memorial day weekend off. The school at first was going to let us go and I planned on going to Daytona Beach to see DH. Well they said we could not go more then 50 miles away so DH had to come to me. Well he did and at the hotel I was sitting on the chair and he was already on his knees and said how I know he is nervous about asking me out, that he is nervous about asking this and before he said another word I said YES. I did not even let him finish . I know it was not the most romantic, but I was so excited.

DH did tell me how he had it planned if I did indeed go to Daytona. He said he was going to take me to the beach and propose their.

March 10th, 2009, 05:18 PM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaSLP View Post
That was very cool!!!!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
Aw, such cute stories! I love it!

I had been less than shy about dropping hints. It actually got to the point where he told me to stop mentioning it. Then one day he told me we were meeting up with a friend of his from school. We drove for a few hours and pulled up into the driveway of a large house and there was a hot air balloon laying on the grass!

DH is not one to plan surprise excursions like this, so I confess that I knew what was coming. I even saw the ring box outline in his back pocket. (But don't tell him! He must NEVER know it wasn't a complete surprise!)

Anyways, once we were high up in the air, he told me to close my eyes and he put the ring on my finger. I said, "Arent you gonna ask me something?" And he says, "Will ya?"

I could have cried, but the balloon basket is very small and we were cramped in there with our balloon pilot as well, so some of the intimacy was lost I suppose. But he was so sweet to plan it all out that way for me.
Love it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenwalter View Post
I love all the stories. I guess it's my turn now:

DH and I have Disneyland annual passes since we live so close. We had been friends for a few years before dating so our first actual "date" was to Disneyland for my birthday. So the place had special meaning for us.
On that day, we were walking around Disneyland and he was acting so weird! So weird that I felt like he was going to break up with me! He finally leads me all around Disneyland to the wishing well. We make a wish and throw in a couple of coins. Then he sits me down and tells me that his wish was that he could be with me forever, and I would be his wife, etc.

He took me in front of the Magic Castle and tells me to stand there because he has a surprise. Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. He even had a photographer ready and waiting there to photograph the event.

Later he confessed to me that he had been carrying the ring around for weeks waiting for the perfect moment to ask me. I thought that was cute.
Awww... that is so sweeet!!!

Tags
gtky

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search