How did you DH ask you to marry him?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2009, 09:43 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought this would be a fun way to get to know you better. Plus I love to hear all of the cute stories

How did your DH or DF ask you to marry him?

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

March 9th, 2009, 10:10 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH didn't really propose, he just always said I was the one and we kind of just agreed to get married and then the day we got married was decided based on when we could use the venue we chose.
March 9th, 2009, 10:16 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
New Years Eve before 2000 (so December 31, 1999)...we'd just gotten back from skiing all day and he'd gotten us this great little B&B room with a fireplace, so I was warming myself in front of the fire, and he came over with chocolates and a ring - I was COMPLETELY surprised...
March 9th, 2009, 10:53 AM
I_Run_with_Scissors
mine hasnt asked me yet, but i like reading everyone else's stories!!
March 9th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We were on an Alaskan cruise with numerous members of our family. He took me to the steak restaurant for dinner and then we returned to the room where our Mom's had put roses everywhere and put the ring on a pile of rose petals. I turned around and said :what the heck happened in here!" He was on one knee and asked....our Mom's were waiting in the hallway! LOL

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy For my beautiful siggie!

March 9th, 2009, 11:28 AM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We went for a paddle boat ride (forest park in St. Louis has a great series of canals and waterways that end up in this beautiful little man-made lake in front of the Art Museum, with fountains and everything) and he asked me while we were gazing up the hill at the museum. I wasn't really surprised, because we'd already talked about wanting to get married, but it was still very sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryin4may View Post
our Mom's were waiting in the hallway! LOL
man oh man, that's a lot of pressure right there!! your poor DH had THREE women to please!!!
March 9th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Em2528's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH and I got married young, so we got engaged my senior year of high school. It was the day of my senior prom and my parents had rented a stretch hummer for me, dh, my brother (who is the same age as dh) and his gf (who is now his wife, my sil, she is my age) and all our friends. We were all dolled up for prom and on our way we went. When we got to the venue where they were holding the prom everyone got out of the limo first (dh and I were all the way in the front of it farthest from the door- which I later found out was planned LOL) and when I went to get up to get out dh said "hold on one minute" and handed me a little gift bag which I had noticed he had with him and a card. At this point everyone had already gotten out for the limo and shut the door behind them...I was like hunny I can open it inside, they are all waiting for us (little did I know, they all knew what was happening because dh had told them and had this all planned out LOL). So I opened the card first which basically expressed his love for me etc, very sweet...and then he got down on his knee and proposed to me. We had talked about getting married, we both knew we would, so I wasnt completly shocked by his proposal, just didnt see it coming that day. Part of me was a little scared because I knew we were young and I didnt know what my parents would think and stuff, but being the GREAT guy he is..he had talked to my Dad that morning and got his blessing. Of course I said YES though! Then we got out of the limo and everyone was standing around it hugging us and yelling and stuff, it was alot of fun. Then we got to have a nice evening all dressed up and a nice meal with all our friends and stuff. My brother even had the DJ announce that we had gotten engaged...it was really neat to see the reaction on the peoples faces that I went to school with. All in all...it was the perfect proposal, it was really special and dh knew I wanted a private proposal and not a majorly public one, so I was really proud of him for doing it in the hummer just the two of us, and not in the middle of the dance floor or something LOL.

................. .
.................................................. ..

Last edited by Em2528; March 9th, 2009 at 11:39 AM.
March 9th, 2009, 12:27 PM
blueberry00's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Run_with_Scissors View Post
mine hasnt asked me yet, but i like reading everyone else's stories!!

same here. we are currently in the process of buying a house, it closes friday!!!
maybe after that settles down ill start dropping the hints
March 9th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I knew it was coming...I kinda got two proposals...or I like to think I did. One morning in February we woke up, and we were cuddling, and my DH had me look at him, and he looked right into my eyes and said...I love you so much...I want to spend the rest of my life with you, lets get married....I was so excited...of course he didn't have a ring or anything, mostly because he said he wanted me to help him pick it out.

So we did, and then in April, he came into the kitchen with our furbaby, where I was making supper, looked at our little kitty Oreo and said...Oreo...will you ask mommy if she'll marry me?

Of course...I SAID YES!!!

Last edited by Oreobaby; March 9th, 2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: add last sentance
March 9th, 2009, 12:46 PM
I_Run_with_Scissors
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberry00 View Post
same here. we are currently in the process of buying a house, it closes friday!!!
maybe after that settles down ill start dropping the hints
mine isnt very good at picking up hint LOL ive dropped sooo many but it total honesty its not like we have the money for a wedding right now anyways
March 9th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dh officially purposed in Disney World on our first night of a family vacation, but, i already knew he had the ring and had already worn it for a week. He tried to wait but he absolutely sucks at A) not telling me things especially when hes excited and b) lying (i asked where he was going)... so he gave it to me. I'm not all about cute purposals though and i hate surprises so it worked for me!

March 9th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Clare's Avatar Wishy
Send a message via AIM to Clare
We were on holiday in New York and Dh proposed at the top of the Empire State Building on Memorial Day 2006.
March 9th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It was an ordinary day.. DH told me the night before he was sick and ended up calling in (he is a good faker). I came home from work a little late and saw him dressed and cooking dinner. There were a dozen roses on the table, candles, and wine. At this point I had an idea. He asked me to get some bread for dinner (back in the day when I could eat it!) and when I opened the bread drawer there was a cute little bear holding a box. That's when I knew. He got down on one knee and asked. It was very simple but since I wasn't expecting it that day it was great!

March 9th, 2009, 01:51 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We were on a weekend getaway to the Riverwalk in San Antonio. It was Christmas time and the Riverwalk was covered in Christmas lights. He totally caught me off guard…I loved it!

March 9th, 2009, 02:17 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
We were at our apartment and had talked about maybe getting married and I told him he'd have to propose first, but he ended up asking me how to, which I showed him. Then he told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and asked if i'd be his wife. ^^

March 9th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Formerly LyndaSLP
I knew it was coming but didn't know when, where, or how. DH took the day off 11/9/07 and put candles and white lights all around the apartment (kind of like Monica/Chandler on Friends) as well as a nice bouquet of roses. When I walked in, he met me at the door and said he had to ask me a question. The question was....... "are you hungry?" LOL then he went on to say how much he loves me and that he wants me to be his wife. He actually cooked a really good meatloaf ("loveloaf" as he puts it) and on it, in ketchup, he wrote "I love U". We got married on the 1 year anniversary of our getting engaged

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
March 9th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Sue46's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH came to Fl off leave from Japan in April 05. One his second or third day home we just kinda drove around and ran some errands in the AM. Then when we had nothing to do we decided to go hang out at a local park (we just happened to have a blanket in the car and had just gotten smoothies). We sat under a tree and were just laughing and talking, catching up when all of a sudden he said he wanted to ask me something, I was completely oblivious and shocked when he asked me to marry him! I had been wanting to do it for soo long that at that point in time I just had to let him decide when he was ready (he said he would only marry me when he knew he could financially support me 100%, hes so responsible). So of course I said yes.

We went to the court house that same day, a Thursday, and got the paper work and applied for a marriage license (in Miami you have to wait 3 days from the time you put in an application to actually get married). We got married at the court house the following Monday and had a family party on the Friday. We move quick!

March 9th, 2009, 02:40 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love reading everyone's stories!

DH proposed in San diego when we were on vacation. I knew we'd get married sometime but did NOT see the proposal coming at all! He proposed on the beach. I stayed and laid out while he walked up and down the beach (collecting shells). When he came back and we finally deciced to go i got up and he told me to turn around and not look (i didn't suspect anything because he was always doing weird stuff like that). When i turned around there he was down on one knee and there was an arrow drawn in the sand pointing to a couple shells. When i picked up the shells there the ring was! From that point on i barely remember anything because i was in total shock. But he said a few sweet things and then asked me to be his wife. I of course said yes.

It was really funny though because the previous day we went to the beach but it was really windy and no fun so we left just as soon as we got there. He was so upset about not going that day and i didn't understand it at the time, but he was obviously bummed because he was going to propose! Okay i'm done now

March 9th, 2009, 03:35 PM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He told me he had a surprise for me, i didn't think much of it i wasn't expecting a proposal just yet. i assumed he would wait til our 1 year anniversary or my birthday which were both in January and it was only October at the time. so that night he took me out to the porch swing(the same one he had asked me out on)and he handed me a bunch of construction paper. he had written down something he loves about me for every day that we had been together (274 things). i had just about finished reading it all when i looked up and he was getting down on one knee with a ring and asked me to marry him.

March 9th, 2009, 04:19 PM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
When we got engaged we did not have a lot of money and things were tight. DH asked me to sit on the edge of the bed and hold out my hands (my birthday had just passed so I thought it was a B-day gift). So I put my hands out and he said ok open your eyes and he had the ring in his hand.
DH said it doesn't matter where I ask you because you know this is from my heart. Will you please become my wife and make me happy forever? Of course I said yes!

I had always dreamed of how I was going to be asked. They wasy he did was the most romantic to me.

Tags
gtky

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search