What should I do....

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Hello all.... I am new here, but I have been reading for about a month. This is what's going on with me and I would love all advice.

I stopped BC mid pack in mid February 2009; I had break through bledding approximately a week after stopping BC. Then started AF the first week in March, either the 3rd or 4th. Had a normal AF, b/w 5-7 days long. Was normal all month of March, and then started AF again on March 31st. Which gave me a 27-28 day cycle. Normal AF again, lasting b/w 5-7days. Normal through month of April, then had some spotting on April 10th along with symptoms of a bladder infection. Based off a calendar on the internet, since I have not been tracking when I O. I should have O'ed b/w April 12th-17th; we BD'ed this week and plus. Have had cramps throughout the entire month and some twinges. Now I am on CD 35 and I have still not started AF. I took a FRER HPT yesterday with FMU, which was a BFN. I am still cramping and aching, and also have lower back pain. Nausea comes and goes; could be my mind playing tricks. The only other lifestyle change I have done is working out religeously starting on April 15th. Could this be affecting my AF?

My question is, since I am getting BFN's is there no chance I am pregant this month? Could I still be messed up from stopping BC after 7 years? How long should I wait until I call my doctor if I am still getting BFN's?
May 4th, 2009, 10:14 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First off, welcome to JM.

I had a similar situation when I got off of BCP after using them for 9+ years. My first few cycles seemed pretty 'normal', but then AF went missing... because I had an annovulatory cycle. I'm not at ALL saying that is your case, but I wanted to share my experience. Many doctors will tell you it can take a good 6 months for the effects of BC to get out of your system, so don't be surprised if your cycles are different lengths for a while..

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

May 4th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Like Jackie said- It can take awhile for your body to bounce back after bc! I stopped BCP in October and it took my body about 4 cycles to fully get itself back to normal!!!
Welcome to the board!!
May 4th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
double post
May 4th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Welcome here...it has been so long since I was on the BCP and I wasn't tracking my cycles at the time, so I'm not much help, but wanted to say welcome, and I hope you get your soon!!

May 5th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Thanks everyone; this board has helped me answer lots of questions!
May 5th, 2009, 08:29 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Like Jackie said, it can take awhile for your body to regulate again after coming off BCP. As far as working out, it depends on how much you're actually doing. Too much exercise is not good when you're TTC and can actually prevent you from ovulating.

May 5th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I went off BC in August/September and you can see all of my charts (except my first one) in my link. My cycles have been random, I had one short one and one long one for me. I suggest you start temping to get a good idea of when/if you O and how long your LP is. My LP has been very short since coming off BCP (on for ten years), but they have increased and luckilly I'm Oing.

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
May 5th, 2009, 02:41 PM
How do I look at your chart; I do not see a link?
May 5th, 2009, 02:41 PM
How do I look at your chart; I do not see a link?
May 5th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
To get to her chart you click on the chickies with the egg.

May 5th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Gotcha, now everyone's signature is showing up. I guess I needed to make one for myself before I could see everyone elses. Thanks!
Cycle #1 after BCP (3/2 thru 3/31): BFN
Cycle #2 after BCP (3/31 thru 5/6): BFN
Cycle #3 (5/6 thru: Temping & OPK's

May 5th, 2009, 03:33 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the other ladies...just wanted to say welcome to the board! Good luck!

Oh, and I think once you reach 10 posts you can see everyones siggies.

May 5th, 2009, 03:35 PM
How do I get my own Siggy?

May 5th, 2009, 03:45 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There is a board called siggies r us and you can ask one of the ladies to make you one as soon as you get 50 posts. Have fun posting

May 7th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Well I spotted yesterday and then some this morning; I guess I am out. But at least I finally started so we could start a new cycle. I took my temp yesterday and today; so we will see what the month will hold. GL everyone!!

May 7th, 2009, 09:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yea, I was going to say working out can sometimes push back AF or cause her to not come at all. So, maybe that was it. But GL this cycle and WELCOME!!
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

May 8th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Holly15's Avatar Veteran
I'm new to the board as well! Like you, I was on BCP for a long time--11 years for me, and had a 33 day cycle last month. (I've never gone past 29 days before!) It will just take a while to get out of your system!! It's an emotional roller coaster, but will be so worth it when you see your Good luck!!
May 8th, 2009, 09:35 PM
MissLion's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey hey, I just wanted to say welcome! I also wanted to say that Morgan and the others are right, if you're doing too much working out it can sort of screw AF up. Especially if you weren't doing any work outs at all. I wish you GL and hope this month you get your cycles back on track for a nice BFP!

May 9th, 2009, 07:07 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!!! Just wanted to say good luck I was on BCP for a while and after the first few cycles off, my body started going nuts (breakouts, longer cycles, mood swings) I don't want to scare you, just want to let you know that these things and others are common until your body regulates. Hope you get your BFP soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search