Will your family be happy?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2009, 10:03 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How do you think your family will react when you tell them you're pregnant? How will DH's family react?

May 7th, 2009, 10:08 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG they will be thrilled. My Mom knows everything we're going through, so she's praying every day for us (I don't even know if my Dad knows really). DH's Mom will go through the roof- she doesn't even know we've been trying at ALL- we have always said that we'd start trying at our 5 year wedding anniversary (which is in October). DH's Dad... who knows. I'm sure he'll be happy. The general consensus will be "it's about darn time".

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

May 7th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My parents and DH's parents all know we just started trying. My mom and dad are soooo excited. My dad's response was, "Cool, I am about to be 50 and I am ready to be a grandpa!" And my dad was the one person of everyone I was worried about the most. My mom is of course ready...and I know my in-law's will be excited. I just can't wait until it actually happens and we can tell them FOR REAL!!!
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

May 7th, 2009, 10:53 AM
LivingAsSara's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
THRILLED! Everyone has been waiting for quite awhile for us to have a baby No one (not even my parents, best friend, etc) knows we've been TTC. . . and we're asked about it quite often. I always say "someday....." Everyone will be really excited.

May 7th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
over the moon--esp my MIL...she is just a nut like that...my mom is more reserve but all would be happy

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

May 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM
waxzon's Avatar Happy Mommy!
Send a message via MSN to waxzon Send a message via Yahoo to waxzon
I just got my BFP Saturday. amd it was the greatest feeling ever, I swear it was better than my wedding day! Everyone was just so excited, and I got hugs from people I never thought I would get hugs from, plus we have been trying 15 months, and everyone was kinda of like.. finally!!

9-13-12
Make a pregnancy ticker
May 7th, 2009, 11:30 AM
tiffanys's Avatar Expecting #1- Fisher
Both mine and DH's family will be thrilled! My mom talks about us having kids all the time! Noone really knows we are trying, but they will be ecstatic when we do conceive!!!
Blessed Mommy to Fisher and baby#2 Hunter on his way

May 7th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
My mom and dad will be estatic...they have been ready to be grandparents since we were old enough to have our own kids...they are having their first ever grand child in July, and are excited for more...my sister and I are both trying (my SIL is PG) but my sister and I are both having issues...so I know they will be more than happy.

I'm not sure about my MIL. When she first found out we were TTC (I told way to many people when we started cause I had no idea it would take so long) she was very scared and nervous. Now that we have been having such an issue, and she has had time to get used to the idea, I think she is looking forward to it. She calls for updates on appointments and what not, and I think is looking forward to being a grandmother. (DH is an only child)

May 7th, 2009, 01:19 PM
stlgirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sure everyone will be thrilled. Guess I'll find out for sure pretty soon, since I'm probably going to tell both my parents and in-laws on Friday!!!
May 7th, 2009, 01:23 PM
bliss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everyone has been bugging us about kids for a while now... both families and our friends. Well, our friends have been popping babies like crazy for the past year or so, and now we are pretty much "next" on their list, lol.. either that or they'll start going for seconds LOL. nobody knows we're ttc, but then nobody's been open about their ttc either, so i'm sure people might be suspecting... i thnk everyone will be happy to know when it finally does happen

May 7th, 2009, 02:05 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Jackie*~ View Post
OMG they will be thrilled. My Mom knows everything we're going through, so she's praying every day for us (I don't even know if my Dad knows really). DH's Mom will go through the roof- she doesn't even know we've been trying at ALL- we have always said that we'd start trying at our 5 year wedding anniversary (which is in October). DH's Dad... who knows. I'm sure he'll be happy. The general consensus will be "it's about darn time".

Both of our families are aware that we are TTC and they will be soooooo excited when it finally happens.
May 7th, 2009, 02:21 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rachel- Friday as in tomorrow?! Good luck!! How exciting!

I know my family will be very excited! They've been talking about it since we've been married. I really hope DH's family is happy although i'm not 100% sure about them yet. I think his mom will be happy, at least i hope. No one knows we're trying.

May 7th, 2009, 02:30 PM
I know his family will be ecstatic! and well my mom keeps asking when im going to give her more grand children, so i know they will all be super excited, just like me and DH
May 7th, 2009, 02:38 PM
MissLion's Avatar Super Mommy
DF is 100% Cuban and he's an only child so his mother has been bugging him for children for awhile now, so she will be super excited and will probably start buying as soon as we mention it. She doesn't know we're TTC though. My mom on the other hand knows we're TTC and is a bit nervous because she's worried about me being disappointed time after time like she was, but she's excited. My father on the other hand is 100% Ecuadorian and thinks I'm his little baby, still... so he'll be excited, but it'll take him time to warm up to it. He hasn't even met DF yet because it makes him too sad to realize I've grown up. Unfortunately, DF's dad is no longer alive so he can't be there for it, but he's in our hearts all day long and I'm sure in Heaven he'll be celebrating.

Hopefully it'll happen soon!

May 7th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Em2528's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When we finally have a healthy baby growing in my belly, our families will be beyond ecstatic, they are waiting for the day as much as we are. Its way overdo.

................. .
.................................................. ..
May 7th, 2009, 04:08 PM
LittleLady19's Avatar Laci
Send a message via MSN to LittleLady19
I know that my mom will be beyond thrilled she wants this just as much as me possibly even more. I'm sure my dad will be happy for us too (he's not big on babies lol). And this will be DH's mom's 3rd grandbaby in 3 years so its nothing new for her

May 7th, 2009, 04:30 PM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think everyone will be thrilled!! We get asked ALL THE TIME! Not a lot of people know that we are TTC right now. DH & I have been together 9 years so I'm sure people are almost 'expecting' to hear something soon

May 7th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Holly15's Avatar Veteran
The families will be thrilled! They don't know we're TTC. It's hard to keep it a secret! The only sad thing is our families live about 1000 miles away--so I'm sure they will be bugging us to move closer when it happens!
May 7th, 2009, 04:55 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mom will be so thrilled words can't even describe it! She has been dying for grandkids since we announced our engagement! My DH's family will be happy but it probably won't be as big of a deal as it will be on my side since his sister has 3 kids already.

May 7th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thrilled of course! My mom has four grandkids but none of them are actually biologically related to her so she'll be really excited to actually have one of her kids pregnant! She wont be surprised that we started trying right after the wedding i'm sure... i started getting "when are you having babies" questions at our rehearsal dinner

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search