Vent needed.... Opinions?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2009, 10:06 AM
MissLion's Avatar Super Mommy
Okay, so I'm not seeking answers from you girls, I just pretty much want support and opinions, no matter what they may be.

I'm 19DPO today. On 12DPO I started bleeding a week before my expected AF. It's been light, off and on, ever since. It's pink, one time it was bright red, and a few times it's been brown. I've not even needed a pad/tampon as it's only there when I wipe. Normally, I have heavy, heavy, dark red periods with blood clots. I know my periods coming by getting a few pimples about 3-4 days before AF. I'm usually bedridden during periods, this time I was able to go to the beach, out to dinner, shopping, etc.... not bothered. No cramping, no Tylenol needed. I'm still bleeding light pink, a little.

I've also have been having "symptoms" (or IPS) since around 9DPO and I've been keeping track of those by writing them down. Bloating more than normal/different bloating, really bad low, low back pain, different types of cramping, twinges after Oing, sore and super sensitive BBs, tingly/itchy BBs, sleeping 11 hours, peeing a lot, freezing, CP is closed but soft, lightheaded, hiiiiigh sex drive, etc. Most of which didn't start until about 14DPO.

The thing is, and what's making me not sure of what's going on is, I've taken 2 HPTs, one on 10DPO and one this morning, both negative. Someone's post about OPKs as HPTs made me consider trying that.... 2 almost positive OPKs today. I know I O'd on the 19th because I got +OPKs, we DTD from the 17th to the 24th. I've never gotten a +pos OPK except when Oing. I know how unreliable these are as HPTs which is why I used a $store test this morning after the OPKs, negative. I have a few FRERs and plan on testing one LAST time on Mother's Day, after that I give up and I'll move on to June.

I can't get BW done for a little while yet because we switched insurance companies and for whatever reason it won't be in effect for a little while and it isn't an emergency so I don't want to go to the ER, ya know? BLEH. Plus, DF saw the OPKs and thought they were HPTs and was like "WE'RE PREGNANT?!" and all I could say was.... "probably not, these aren't HPTs".

Any opinions? Goodness, I wish I had been temping!

May 8th, 2009, 10:14 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really don't know hun.. It may be time to go in for a bloodtest so you know one way or another.... then you can move on (or celebrate)!

Edit- sorry, I didn't read the part about insurance for a bloodtest... in that case, unfortunately, it's just a waiting game. It's also a possibility that you O'd later, even with the + OPK. It's not a guarantee of ovulation, just a prediction that it is probable.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

Last edited by ~*Jackie*~; May 8th, 2009 at 10:18 AM.
May 8th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It is possible for an OPK to register a positive when you're pregnant, but it's also possible for it to register latent traces of LH. Humm. I just don't know. I would get an FRER or a digital. If that is negative, I would wait a few days and see what happens. Also, maybe start temping now to see how high your temps are?

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
May 8th, 2009, 10:16 AM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Your experience sounds a LOT like my early pregnancy and consequent miscarriage (how you're bleeding). I don't mean to be a downer, but I wonder if you might possibly be experiencing a chemical pregnancy? With no insurance and if you don't want to pay out of pocket, I guess all you can do is just hang in there. I might try an FRER to find out for sure. There's not much a blood test can tell you that it won't... with a chemical, your HCG levels may have never gotten high enough to detect, or you might have missed the tiny window when they were. I agree that it's not an emergency, and I think a trip to the ER when potentially miscarrying can often do more harm and trauma than good (especially this early). But your symptoms mean something is definitely up with your body, so I understand your frustration. I hope you have an answer or that things at least go back to normal SOON! Good luck!

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.

Last edited by MandyRS; May 8th, 2009 at 10:18 AM.
May 8th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks girls! Good news or bad, I'll have to wait it out! It means a lot that you've responded so quickly! I guess we'll see on Mother's Day!

May 8th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Jarheadwed's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are there any free clinics in the area, like a planned parenthood or something? They may have resources for a better pregnancy test, or at least maybe able to figure out whats going on.

May 8th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had this similar situation happen to me last month. I had tons of symptoms, more than I normally have...super sore bbs, headaches, nautious, you name it....but I wasn't temping...and I really thought I was PG and took a few tests and they all were negative. Then I finally started.
So, maybe this is your period and it is just lighter than normal. It is hard to say...
I would just suggest temping...that is what I had to do because I was tired of not knowing.
But I totally understand your frustration...it is hard to deal with thinking you are PG and having symptoms, and then seeing a neg test...but don't give up...and best wishes to you!!! KUP
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

May 8th, 2009, 03:37 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you get some answers! Good luck sweetie I do know of a few people who have not found out til after 22 DPO~ so you're not out yet!
May 8th, 2009, 03:44 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck hun, I agree with Katey...maybe see if a free clinic or Planned Parenthood can give you a blood test.

May 8th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Also, I just thought...the light bleeding you are having...could be implantation!! And if so, you wouldn't be able to tell yet on a test!!

Good luck!
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

May 8th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I was able to work something out with my insurance to allow me to get a BT done, so I called my doctor who told me to call first thing Monday morning and they'd get me in the same day. I'm thankful Mother's Day is Sunday or I'd be going crazy waiting! Thanks girls! Hopefully it is IB.... it did begin within the time-frame the doctor says it should have for IB. We'll see, I'll update on Monday if I'm able to get the results the same day! My now pregnant BFF is convinced I'm PG too after seeing how much I had to use her restroom to pee tonight! Lol, embarrassing!

May 8th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Cheryl_W's Avatar Izzy's Mom!
Send a message via MSN to Cheryl_W
It could also be that the first time, your body got geared up to O and then didn't. You'll never know without temping, but it has happened to at least one woman on here that I know of... Positive OPK but no O and then O around when AF should have started or after... Something could have delayed your ovulation this time around.

Next cycle (if there is one, hoping not! Fingers crossed!) I would definitely start temping, at least you'll have a better idea of what is going on!

Big huge hugz and thanks to tasha_mae for my beautiful siggy!

- and -
May 9th, 2009, 09:01 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I hope it is IB. Good luck!

May 9th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search