What have you done differently this month?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2009, 05:38 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know that we've had this topic before, but not for a while...
So, what have you done differently this cycle to try to get a BFP?

I'm a control freak, and need to do things differently, this month - this month I really wanted it so bad...so...(geesh, its a freaking list - LOL!!)...

1. a lot less sugar and carbs - today I had exactly one little cookie, and no other sugar (expect for one "bad" day two weeks ago during vacation, I've been really good)

2. 1000mg Metformin per day (along with the 50mg Clomid on CD5-9 like last cycle)

3. Bought 100 OPKs, and I was NOT stingy with peeing on them every single time I went to the bathroom, so I was able to pinpoint down to a 4 hour period when I got my LH surge

4. Since DH can't BD *that* much, we did it the day after my + OPK, and the next day

5. We BD in the morning instead of at night like we normally do (only possible because it was the weekend when I Oed) - I heard that mornings had better little spermies...

6. Was not stingy with the preseed (important since Clomid does dry me up) - usually I am

7. Took 2 Folic Acid pills every day (800mg total), and 2 multi-vitamins every day

Phew! Yea, that's about it...hope it works, but I always think negatively - cause, well, I've never had a reason to be positive, if you know what I mean...

Last edited by fromustobaby; May 20th, 2009 at 05:40 PM.
May 20th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you have a whole regimen down. Hope you get your BFP this month !

I don't have much of a regimen yet because we don't officially TTC until June... But I am taking prenatal vitamins and fish oil pills. I already bought a pack of Clear Blue Easy OPK's and now I am just waiting for AF to come.
May 20th, 2009, 05:44 PM
tiffanys's Avatar Expecting #1- Fisher
Instead of BD'ing every other day up until O, we DTD 4 days prior to O, the day before O, the day of O, and the day after. And each time, we BD'd in the afternoon rather than at night like we usually do. I have also been taking prenatal vitamins everyday. No sweets and only 8oz of caffeine each day at the most! I've also been eating more fruits and veggies this cycle.
Blessed Mommy to Fisher and baby#2 Hunter on his way

May 20th, 2009, 05:46 PM
caring21's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to caring21
I charted the whole month
Actually tried to time BDing instead of the casual Bding from the other months, hehe it was weird because I was used to him always making the first move but this month I got into to it alot more and I put the moves on him it was interesting Exciting too
I started drinking a glass of milk with a tsp of Honey and half a tsp of cinnamon.

Lindsay & Pascal proud parents to William

May 20th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This was my first month using pre seed and OPK's!

The pre seed was good - not much to report on that, Lol! i heard its good to be generous with it so we were.

The Opk's i think i like - i just need to get used to them and figure out how they work for me. I think (going by temps) i o'ed two days after my positive but who knows. I only got one positive and i heard some people get multiple ones so who knows. I think in the future (though i obviously hope i dont have to do it much longer) we might not bd a lot until i get a positive because dh gets burned out.. so i think it will help with that reguard.

May 20th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing too new this month. I am going to make sure we BD EVERY OTHER day instead of EVERY day before, during and after O. That is what worked last pg (even though that ended in m/c). This past cycle we were trying much too much

Thanks Chelsea (GraysMama) for my fantastic signature!

Life as it is...

Love your angel babies for making you the person you are!

May 20th, 2009, 06:30 PM
bliss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Took evening primrose oil and used the fertility monitor

May 20th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Holly15's Avatar Veteran
This is the first month of charting, so we've had "timed" BDing instead of casual.

May 20th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well this is my first month TTC so I can't compare to any other months BUT I can say what I am doing to try!
Been taking prenatals for almost 2 months now. (started taking them before we actually started TTC)
Temping
Checking CP and CM
Just started OPK 2 days ago.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

May 20th, 2009, 08:56 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, Tonya!! Let me guess....science teacher

I wish I could be that organized and keep track as well as you do.

Nothing different this month same thing new month.

May 20th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Takinabreak
I started taking royal jelly this month and tried to focus our BDing more on us than just 'making a baby'. I guess my 2nd month of EPO kicked in because I had ewcm for the first time ever, so I almost feel like I'm starting over from the beginning! Good luck everyone!
May 21st, 2009, 03:35 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
i relaxed a little i think...or hope!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
May 21st, 2009, 03:55 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by denalibear View Post
Wow, Tonya!! Let me guess....science teacher
HAA HAA HAA!! Yep, you guessed it...how did I give myself away
May 21st, 2009, 04:01 AM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I tried to relax like Kate. I also Bded a lot less and at different times of the day than normal. I used my monitor, OPK's (which are totally confusing), and was dilligent about temping. I tried to cut back my caffeine. I didn't have to use pre-seed and I excercised through the whole week prior to O. That's about it we will see if it works! Good luck to all
May 21st, 2009, 05:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Ash
Well you guys are going to laugh, but we are doing everything you are NOT supposed to do!

No charting
No BDing....only fun, exciting, any position kind of sex
We used KY
We didn't take Clomid
We haven't stressed (at all)

So, if I don't get pregnant this month, all of those people who say relax and you will get pregnant can kiss my *****!! LOL!!

May 21st, 2009, 08:39 AM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
Eating better...exercising more...gave up sugar (cheated one day) except for my morning coffee (but mom is bringing me Splenda this weekend!!!) And started Metformin.

I don't think it will be this cycle...but holding out for next.

May 21st, 2009, 08:52 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL Ashley!!

This cycle has been very different. A lot less stress which has been awesome! We BD'd less than usual, every other day for the most part. That was also very nice and made sex sooo much better. he he. I used Robitussin and got a TON of EWCM. Don't know if that's why i got it but it just amazed me! lol.

May 21st, 2009, 07:06 PM
Veteran
I started using a fertility monitor, as well as continuing to try to eat healthy, exercise, and temping.
May 22nd, 2009, 09:55 AM
Chesky's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Well you guys are going to laugh, but we are doing everything you are NOT supposed to do!

No charting
We used KY
We didn't take Clomid

So, if I don't get pregnant this month, all of those people who say relax and you will get pregnant can kiss my *****!! LOL!!

We are doing exactly the same!!!!!! LOL NTNP sex is THE best

May 22nd, 2009, 01:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post

No charting
We used KY
We didn't take Clomid

Ha ha, Ash! Even though I temped and did OPKs, this month, I decided to really not care about the positions and just go for it. Although the night I got the positive OPK, DH asked "ahh shouldn't I be on top?" That's when you know BD'ing got to rigid!

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search