Qotd 5/21

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2009, 12:17 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Which store do you prefer to shop in?

Target or Walmart?

Why?
May 21st, 2009, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
definitely target! Our wal-mart is absolutely horrible! The majority of the time they only have 3 or 4 registers open and we end standing in line for what seems like FOREVER plus our target is much cleaner!
May 21st, 2009, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Target!!!! It has a nicer selection, they have Starbucks , it is always clean, and I just like their quality of product better.
BUT Wal-Mart does have the better prices!
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

May 21st, 2009, 12:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I prefer Target for the reasons mentioned above (except the check out situation-target is worse that our walmart) but i started shopping walmart and we save MUCH more money a month on groceries. there are still a few things i only get at target.

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

May 21st, 2009, 12:59 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Walmart near me is small... I go to Walmart for necessities, clothes and food...
Target.. I shop there for shoes, clothes (on sale or clearance), and some stuff. but their lines are horribly long so i end up going to walmart a lot.

back home in indiana.. i go to both for a lot things cuz it's super center target and wlamart... not here
May 21st, 2009, 01:02 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Target! I LOVE Target! I cant say why, I have no clue! I even go to Target when im just bored and just look around!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

May 21st, 2009, 02:32 PM
Erin84's Avatar POAS Queen
I go to Target because we're not close to a Wal-Mart.

Everybody's talking about WM for groceries -- is it cheaper there than a grocery store? We always go to Ralph's for our groceries.

With us on earth for five short days, with us in our hearts forever.
(Thank you Natasha for this beautiful graphic of Andrew, and to the ladies of the Nov 10 PR who help me in carrying on his memory.)

Jan. 2009: Came off years of BCP and started TTC
March 2010: BFP -- finally!
Oct. 22, 2010: Drew is born, but has to stay in the NICU because of cord complications resulting in oxygen deprivation and brain problems =(
Oct. 27, 2010: I held him in my arms while Daddy, Grandma, Great-Uncle and I sang him to sleep =( Hardest thing I've ever done...
June 14, 2011: Drew's baby brother or sister waved hi to us with a BFP!
June 25, 2011: Natural miscarriage... Can we please catch a break here?
Nov. 2011: 100mg Clomid followed by 2mg Estrogen, Ovidrel trigger, and 200mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day 14 days. BFN.
Dec. 2011: 2nd medicated cycle. BFN.
Jan. 2012: Took a month off to breathe...
Feb. 2012: Same regimen of Clomid and other meds, add IUI. 2 eggs and 8.5 million swimmers. BFN.
March 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-11, follie scan CD 8 showed 6 follies likely to mature. Triggered, IUI on CD 14, 4 million swimmers. BFN.
April 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-10. Scan showed 2 mature follies, 2 almost certain to mature, and two not likely but possible. (All 6 evenly and perfectly spaced out between the left and the right.) Triggered, IUI CD 13 with 5 million swimmers. BFN.
May 2012: 75 IU Follistim starting CD 3. Waiting to O. Timed intercourse. Likely 5 follies to mature.

^^ Click graphic for chart ^^

May 21st, 2009, 02:34 PM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Walmart is alot cheaper than our grocery stores (the super walmart) thats the only place we grocery shop!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

May 21st, 2009, 02:38 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love Target for clothes, shoes, housewares, Archer Food products, and I love looking at their baby stuff selection.

Grocery shopping is at either Walmart or HEB

May 21st, 2009, 02:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Target for sure! We used to grocery shop at Wal Mart but thats about it... although sometimes if we need something in the middle of the night we go to Wal mart since ours is 24 hours. For clothes, household items and other stuff like that i just like the stuff Target has better.

May 21st, 2009, 02:47 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I almost never go to walmart, but I think that's more because Target is closer.

May 21st, 2009, 02:50 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
target b/c it just seems cleaner and nicer...but i usually shop at both.

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
May 21st, 2009, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We don't have a Target, and I avoid Walmart like the plague!
May 21st, 2009, 05:53 PM
Holly15's Avatar Veteran
I love Target better, but like some of the other girls mentioned it's SO much cheaper for groceries at Super Walmart--so I buy food there and just about everything else at Target. (But I'm addicted to Sam's club too--I'm obsessed with things in bulk!)

May 21st, 2009, 09:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
Walmart... because its 1 mile from my house. it's cheap and convenient

May 21st, 2009, 09:38 PM
Brandiwine77's Avatar Waiting on God's Time
Send a message via AIM to Brandiwine77
Target. I try to avoid Walmart at all costs, but sometimes you have to go there and get stuff that Target might not carry, such as a variety of tools/housewares, etc. So, when I have to go to Walmart, I go at a weird hour so that its not pack to the gills with folks.

May 21st, 2009, 09:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Target! They have everything I need and it's clean and they are very helpful.

TTC #2
May 22nd, 2009, 06:36 AM
Super Mommy
well, i'm a day late but i wanted to give my input on this one, lol. TARGET is soooo much better than Walmart!!!!!!!!!!

special thanks to BAM for the awesome siggy!
]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search