drinking this weekend

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2009, 02:08 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Who will be drinking over the holiday weekend?? I just posted in journals about how all of my drinking opportunities come in the 2ww and it is getting hard to make excuses to people over and over again. Plus I want to drink again (and prob need to) I am actually feeling pretty good about this cycle. LIKE....wth?? This is not like exercise where i can just go on doing it as to not interrupt my life.

What do you think and what will you do??

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
May 22nd, 2009, 02:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My SIL drank during her 2WW which i thought was crazy since they had fertility issues, but she made a good point that the baby/embryo doesn't get nourishment from the mom for a few weeks (while its still in its yolk sack) i thought was a good point. i am in a 2WW and will probably drink---not getting crazy, a cocktail or 2 but i think if it is at a minimal you are fine.
have a happy and safe weekend

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

May 22nd, 2009, 02:21 PM
Erin84's Avatar POAS Queen
I'll be drinking a little this weekend. DH and I are taking the opportunity to give our place a full all-over clean Saturday and I may need a couple drinks to stay motivated But it's true, this early the baby isn't receiving nourishment from the mom. Not to say that drinking isn't without risks, as it could affect implantation, but I'm going to gamble on a couple drinks anyway. I don't feel too confident about our efforts this cycle anywho.

With us on earth for five short days, with us in our hearts forever.
(Thank you Natasha for this beautiful graphic of Andrew, and to the ladies of the Nov 10 PR who help me in carrying on his memory.)

Jan. 2009: Came off years of BCP and started TTC
March 2010: BFP -- finally!
Oct. 22, 2010: Drew is born, but has to stay in the NICU because of cord complications resulting in oxygen deprivation and brain problems =(
Oct. 27, 2010: I held him in my arms while Daddy, Grandma, Great-Uncle and I sang him to sleep =( Hardest thing I've ever done...
June 14, 2011: Drew's baby brother or sister waved hi to us with a BFP!
June 25, 2011: Natural miscarriage... Can we please catch a break here?
Nov. 2011: 100mg Clomid followed by 2mg Estrogen, Ovidrel trigger, and 200mg progesterone suppositories 2x/day 14 days. BFN.
Dec. 2011: 2nd medicated cycle. BFN.
Jan. 2012: Took a month off to breathe...
Feb. 2012: Same regimen of Clomid and other meds, add IUI. 2 eggs and 8.5 million swimmers. BFN.
March 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-11, follie scan CD 8 showed 6 follies likely to mature. Triggered, IUI on CD 14, 4 million swimmers. BFN.
April 2012: 75 IU Follistim CD 3-10. Scan showed 2 mature follies, 2 almost certain to mature, and two not likely but possible. (All 6 evenly and perfectly spaced out between the left and the right.) Triggered, IUI CD 13 with 5 million swimmers. BFN.
May 2012: 75 IU Follistim starting CD 3. Waiting to O. Timed intercourse. Likely 5 follies to mature.

^^ Click graphic for chart ^^

May 22nd, 2009, 02:22 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree. I have been thinking about this as we are having a block party on Sunday. I am not going to drink at all tonight and Sat (no matter what we do), but I may have a few on Sunday. Not a lot. Just sip throughout the day and no liquor just beer. I mentioned this to DH and he thought it was a good idea because then I won't have to answer a bunch of questions. I never thought about where the baby gets its nourishment, but It's good to know. Most of the people I know didn't stop drinking til they found out for sure and all of their babies are fine.

Have a great weekend everyone
May 22nd, 2009, 02:23 PM
Takinabreak
I have had a glass of white wine before on occasion during my 2ww. I don't overdo it, however. This weekend in particular I am slammed busy with work, so I won't be drinking. But if AF comes on Tuesday like she's supposed to, thats a completely different story!!
May 22nd, 2009, 02:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't drink much to begin with, but I never drink after O (unless I know we're already out that cycle). I just don't want to chance it.
May 22nd, 2009, 02:48 PM
Oreobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Oreobaby
I know people who have drank during the 2WW...with the meds that I'm on, I'm not supposed to drink to begin with, so I probably won't...depending on how warm it gets tomorrow, working outside, I may opt for a cold beer...nothing better on a hot day than a cold beer, but that's just me. (Mind you if my temp goes down, and I'm not longer 10 DPO, then I will...just out of frustration.

May 22nd, 2009, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am not in the 2ww just yet. Maybe in the next few days I will be.
I don't think I will drink this weekend, but if the occassion arises, I may have 1 or 2.
Also, one of my friends drank the night before she tested and she got a +ive test. Now she is 8 months pregnant and has had no problems.
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

May 22nd, 2009, 03:04 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im still waiting to O...but I dont drink very much anyway.

May 22nd, 2009, 03:24 PM
Holly15's Avatar Veteran
Well, we leave for Vegas on Sunday to celebrate DH"s b-day! SO, I'll probably have couple cocktails here and there, but nothing outrageous. I'm mixed about ths cycle. It's my first time charting and I feel my chart looks good, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

May 22nd, 2009, 04:08 PM
celebr8's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by denalibear View Post
Im still waiting to O...but I dont drink very much anyway.
I don't know how long it will take to conceive, so I decided that I can't live life not doing things "just in case". My first month NTNP, my best friend's bachelorette party was during my 2WW. I stressed over it for weeks until I decided that I would live like normal until I knew for sure I was pregnant. Like denalibear, I don't drink much anyway and I would never put myself in a situation that would be a huge risk, but even so, I don't want to stress over "what ifs"....ttc is stressful enough on its own!

May 22nd, 2009, 04:53 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will be having a drink tonight.. and probably tomorrow night too. The witch should be here sometime tomorrow, so I'm going to enjoy what I can.

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

May 22nd, 2009, 05:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via MSN to Skimboardin Mama Send a message via Yahoo to Skimboardin Mama
I'm a social drinker... and a lot of our friends drink and party.. I usually like to have a glass of wine with dinner and drink few on the weekends but I've given up alcohol all together.... I've been tempted but I truly want to be as healthy as possible for our baby. (we're not trying til June) I'm only 2 weeks sober but hey you gotta start somewhere!

May 22nd, 2009, 09:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I actually don't drink at all, so I can't really give any advice here... But I did read that women in France tend to drink wine through their pregnancies. I don't know how I feel about that, though.

TTC #2
May 22nd, 2009, 09:26 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
I will have some mixed drinks... white russian.. my fave drink life's too short to worry about ruining the implantation and all.... it is not going to affect til after 6 weeks..........there are plenty of women i have seen/heard that got drunk and did drugs & smoked early during 4 wks pg and still had healthy baby 9 months later.
i've done enough of avoiding many things... i'm just gonna let nature take over it's course.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be safe and responsible
May 23rd, 2009, 08:20 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I decided to go ahead and drink while in the 2ww, just not to get hammered. For all I know it could be another year before I get preggo. I don't think i should do away with a fun night out for a baby that might not be there. After testing time however, no dice. I went out last night and had 3 beers and I'm 8 DPO today, and I dont' feel guilty

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search