Do yall think Im being silly **updated** :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2009, 07:39 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When we first started ttcI would look at baby stuff all the time. For the first 5 or 6 months of ttc I looked at all kinds of baby gear, carriers, bouncy seats, strollersas time went on I stopped looking b/c it started to be too hard to do.
Well, yesterday I was bored and decided to look at nursery themesI need to be more positive. Anywhoo, I was looking at some nursery bedding and I found the perfect thing. I dont want to find out the gender so I need a theme that is neutral. DH was walking by and he saw what I was looking at and he laughed. He said is there something you want to tell me? I told him I was just looking and he looked at it closer and said I like it WOWdidnt think he would say that. Should I order it or should I wait? Im so torn. Ive only bought a few baby things, books and a couple of outfits. Those things are put away so I dont have to see them.

So what do yall think? Am I being silly for wanting to by nursery bedding before Im pregnant?

Here is a pic of what I want to get...

Last edited by denalibear; January 23rd, 2010 at 01:06 AM.
June 8th, 2009, 07:55 AM
angel3y35's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think you are being silly and it is SO cute.

Thanks to :shortcake: for my siggy

Our adoption miracle born 12/31/13

06/2004 - Lap for endo and cysts
08/2006 - Lap for endo and cysts
02/2010 - Lap for endo, cysts, and hydrosalpinx repair
02/2011 - Lap for endo, cysts, and RSO
12/2011 - TAH and LSO
5/2012 - Lap for adhesions
4/2013 - Lap for adhesions
Stage IV endometriosis, sever adenomyosis, PCOS, IC
June 8th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's an adorable set!!! I love it!!

It's funny that this comes up because DH and I and the few friends who know we are TTC had this conversation just a week or so ago. Geez, I can't remember what exactly I was talking about, but I had mentioned something baby related I had seen and really liked. Everyone asked me why I didn't buy it and I said "I kinda feel like I don't have any right buying baby stuff when I'm not even pregnant yet, do I?"

EVERYONE, including DH said "Uh, yeah you do!!!" Since then DH bought a little white cradle from a yard sale that he's going to sand and refinish!

So my vote is NO you are not being silly and YES you should buy it if it is the set you really want. You can easily put it with your other stuff, so you don't have to look at it every day.

June 8th, 2009, 08:10 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any advice because I haven't bought a THING, but I wanted to say that bedding set is SO cute!!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

June 8th, 2009, 08:21 AM
Em2528's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That set is ADORABLE! If it makes you feel any better...I found our bedding set brand new on clearance for a price I couldnt pass up, so I DID buy our nursery bedding and accessories already. I would have never done it if it wasnt as marked down as it was, dh would have never let me, but even he agreed the price was too good to pass up. Plus we loved the set! I guess it all depends on if your dh is ok with you buying it before you are pg. You will use it no matter what gender the baby is, so thats good.

................. .
.................................................. ..

Last edited by Em2528; June 8th, 2009 at 08:23 AM.
June 8th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think its very cute and since its neutral and you're sure you love it i say why not get it? I'm a huge fan of shopping slowly so there is less huge up front cost when you do get pregnant. All i've bought are clothes but i have quite a bit of them, and the only reason i havent gotten other things is because i want to have gender specific bedrooms.

June 8th, 2009, 08:56 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is it onsale? If not, I think you should wait and check back!

I've only bought a diaper bag from potterybarnkids.com because it was 75% off and I won a diaper wreath in a raffle.

I don't think you are silly at all though, I look at childrens stuff all the time. I have my baby shower list all made out in my mind. Now all I need to do is get preggo!!!

Just know that one day you will get your bfp, so if you want it, get it. There is nothing wrong with planning ahead. It is just like saving up for a car, you know the expense is coming, so you are investing for the future.
June 8th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Thanks ladies...I talked to DH and he said it was up to me so........I did it...and I won the bid on ebay...this is what I got:
It includes these 9 pieces:
Crib Quilt
Crib Bumper
Fitted Sheet
Crib Skirt (Dust Ruffle)
2 Window Valances
Diaper Stacker
Toy Bag
Decorative Pillow

For only $49.99
WOW!!!!!!!!

Last edited by denalibear; June 8th, 2009 at 09:16 AM.
June 8th, 2009, 09:08 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that was a steal!
June 8th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Holy Crap! That's a deal and a half!!! If I had known it was that cheap, I would've been even more emphatic that you should go for it.

Good for you that you got exactly what you wanted for waaaay less!!

June 8th, 2009, 09:14 AM
I know...I cannot believe the deal I got. I'm shaking right now....b/c this is the most I have ever spent on baby stuff. I called DH and told him and he was like calm down...I was so excited. I cannot wait to get it in the mail.
Maybe this is what I needed to do to get excited about ttc again. It's been a long time since Ive been this happy about ttc.

June 8th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Dchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dchas
Wow what a fantastic price I'm going straight to ebay to have a look at other deals. You were so right to get it. one step closer to your BFP

[SIZE="3"]

June 8th, 2009, 09:26 AM
♥Ashley♥'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW! That is a great deal! Now you definitely shouldnt feel bad about getting it because you cant pass that up!!! It is VERY cute!!
Cycle #1-9 - All Natural....5BFN's, 4BFP's (all ended in miscarriage)
Cycle #10-11 - Met with first RE, diagnosed with heterzygeous MTHFR mutation & slightly low SA on all counts. -BFN, Cycle #12 - First IUI+Trigger - BFN, Cycle #13 - BFN
Cycle #14-15 - Met with new RE, diagnosed with a blocked right tube that previous RE completely overlooked or didnt care to mention. Soy (120mg) - BFN
Cycle #16 - Clomid (100mg) - BFN, Cycle #17 - Clomid (100mg)+Trigger+IUI - BFN
Cycle #18 - Acupuncture+Clomid (100mg) - BFN
Cycle #19-27 - 2 Soy (160mg) cycles, the rest all natural also 30lbs lost!! - BFN's
Cycle #28 - New RE is GREAT! Put on bcp 7/6/11, Lap surgery 8/1/11- Tubal cyst (5cm) found and removed, Uterine Septum removed, and Stage II-III endo removed. Cycle #29 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle #30 - All Natural - BFN, Cycle#31 - All Natural - BFN, DONE TTC FOR NOW

June 8th, 2009, 09:45 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Wow what a great deal and its so cute!! I've bought so much stuff already (and had things given to me too) so you shouldn't feel bad. At least you'll be prepared!

June 8th, 2009, 10:24 AM
ca_dawson's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How cute! That's a great deal!
June 8th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What a great deal! Very cute bedding and perfect for not finding out the sex of the baby.

TTC #2
June 8th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Sota's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That was a fabulous deal!! YAY. I'm glad you went for it and hope you get your BFP soon so you can enjoy a little baby using all that cute stuff!
June 8th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Em2528's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That was an excellent deal. Is the stuff new or used? This is the kind of deal I got on our baby nursery stuff, thats why I couldnt pass it up. Good buy!!

................. .
.................................................. ..
June 8th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Takinabreak
I love the nursery set!! So adorable!! I'm a sucker for a good deal too
June 8th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks ladies!!

Erika, it is all new...they have a store on ebay that sells bedding and childrens clothes, but they also put some stuff up to bid on. If I bought the set on their ebay store it would be more.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search