Ending BCP and TTC, some questions!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Hi everyone. I have been a very low dose BCP for almost 6 years and my SO and I just decided we want to start TTC at the end of my last cycle. Based on a LMP start date of July 21st, FF said I should ovulate Aug. 3rd... and on the 3rd I had light spotting which I've read can be a sign of ovulation. I guess I am just wondering if it's possible that my cycle would stay the same as it was on BCP and also what are some symptoms from coming off BCP...

Also, this past week I have been incredibly needy and emotional (cry at every little thing, know it's ridiculous, but can't help it or stop!). My SO is trying to be understanding that my body is getting used to a hormone change but it is causing tension between us which I am sure is not helpful for TTC! Is this likely a symptom of ending BCP and if anyone has any tips or suggestions for how to minimize the needy and emotional feelings, I would be forever grateful.

Thank you so much!!
August 5th, 2009, 11:57 AM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
Hey!! I am new to TTC and I just came off of bcp. It is very possible to have normal, regular cycles after bcp. Its hard to know which way your body will go, KWIM? I hope yours go back to normal. Mine were super regular pre-bcp, right now, I am still waiting to O on CD21. I hope your body gets back to the swing of things quick.
As far as side effects, I am not much help on this. You could be emotional from that?

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
August 5th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm Nikki

I haven't taken BC in over 5 years, so I don't have any personal experiences that I can relay. I have read many accounts of other ladies, and it seems to run the gamut from not missing a beat to taking a while to get going. You'll really have to give it more time to find out exactly what your body is going to do.

As for the hypersensitivity... I would all but guarantee that it's due to hormones. You have taken away the BC so your body is going about the business of resetting itself and that is an adjustment in and of itself. It sounds like your SO is aware of that and trying to be understanding already... so you can help by remembering when you feel that rush of emotion that it's purely hormonal. I've found that can help me to ratchet it down a bit.

If you haven't already, in the event you do not get your BFP from your first month trying, I recommend picking up a BBT (basal body thermometer), a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility and setting up a free Fertility Friend account to keep track of all of your fertile signs. It really helped me when I was getting started.

I wish you all the best in your TTC journey. While I hope your stay is short and sweet, should it be a touch longer... I look forward to getting to know you better.

Here's some baby just to get you started!!

August 5th, 2009, 12:30 PM
tiffanys's Avatar Expecting #1- Fisher
My cycles went straight to being normal right after coming off of BCP and I have now been off of it for over a year! Not everyone is the same though! The bleeding you experienced on the 3rd could have been ovulation spotting though, which would be a very good sign!
Also, the emotions you are experiencing could very well be due to the hormone changes you are experiencing since coming off BCP! I too experienced similar emotions!

Gl hun, I hope your cycle is regular and you get your BFP very soon!
Blessed Mommy to Fisher and baby#2 Hunter on his way

August 5th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks ladies! Nice to meet you all and honestly, I feel a little bit better already just having your support.

-Andrea
August 5th, 2009, 12:39 PM
BeccaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to BeccaM
Hi there. I too just stopped BC. Ive heard cycles can be very regular and Ive heard they can take 3-9 months to get straight. Everyone is different. Last week I was emotional for no reason and wanted to eat everything but the kitchen sink so Im assuming its all the hormones just trying to get straight. Best of luck to you!
August 5th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Thanks Becca, I have been wanting to eat a lot too. But I lost 10 lbs in the first week and a half off BC so I was pretty happy about that!!
August 5th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay Andrea!! I'm glad! It really helps to feel that connection with other ladies who have been there and understand all of the "crazy" stuff going through your head!!

August 5th, 2009, 06:25 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Welcome to this board! I'm Aaron Nicole your host on this board.

Coming off BCP will throw off your hormones. It's perfectly natural to feel emotional. As long as you cover bases and BD around August 3, you should be in your 2ww right now.

Other ladies gave you great advices.
August 5th, 2009, 07:02 PM
~* Liss *~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Andrea! I went off of BCP in October after having been on for a LONG time. My cycle went pretty "normal" after, however, I am experiencing a short LP.

Hormones were all over the place after I went off BCP. I had acne that I hadn't had in YEARS! Sensitivity through the roof!! I've got a bit of a handle on the hormones now though - it's just getting used to it all again.

I agree with what Nikki said, it's a great idea to track your cycles on Fertility Friend!

Good luck and !

August 6th, 2009, 07:27 PM
chrissy323's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Andrea! Welcome and it is totally normal to feel a little waacky coming off of BCP. Everyone here is very knowledgable and supportive Good luck sweetie!

Tags
birth control , emotional , ovulation , symptoms , trying to conceive

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search