New here and have a question!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 17th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to hopeful22
Hey All!
I am new to this site. Well I should say my fiancee and I are new to this site. We have been trying to conceive for about 4 months with no luck. I am just wondering something. I was doing some research online tonight and I found something called Instead Softcups which can be used after intercourse to help with conception. Has anyone used these or know of anyone who has? What was the outcome?
p.s. Don't know all the abbreviations here. If someone could help with that it would be much appreciated!
Let me know!
October 17th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Hi and welcome. I'm rebecca.
I haven't used Instead cub myself but I have read about them as well they can be good to help keep the sperm inside you so done drips out sorry (TMI) I would say give it a go it can't hurt and everyone is different you might like or hate them.

Are you charting your temp if not you should use this site Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting it's a great way to understand your body so you won't miss the best time to have sex.

As for the abbreviations you'll get the hang of them on this board there is a section on them called getting started and abbreviations here is a link http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...eviations.html

Good luck aand f you have more question just ask away.

[SIZE="3"]

October 17th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to say welcome I think there are a few ladies here who have used them so some of them may jump in

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 17th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Brandielou's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello, and welcome Rebroche has great links to get you started and you are correct about the Instead Softcups. I have read things about them but haven't tried them. I posted about them a long time ago and decided not too because someone posted that sometimes using them will allow you to get pregnant but if there is something wrong with your body in the getting pregnant category, you will just end up having a miscarriage (it happened to a friend of the poster, her friend had low progesterone but would *get* pregnant by using the Softcups, but her body couldn't sustain the pregnancy). But it would be a great way of knowing, without a lot of medical tests and treatment, if your body *can* get pregnant. You may simply be having intercourse at the wrong time so I recommend temping every morning with a basil body temperature thermometer and having intercourse a few days before and on the day of ovulation, but not after (I've read in several books that if you have intercourse after you ovulate you have a higher chance of miscarriage due to the fact that the egg starts to deteriorate within hours of being relased and not fertilized.

Good luck and hope you get your positive soon

Thank you HeatherW for my beautiful siggy!
October 17th, 2009, 07:43 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board!!! I'm Stef You will love the board...everyone here is full of great info and very helpful. I hope your stay here is short and sweet.

I used Instead Cups for a few months...they obviously didn't work for me. I never had any problems with them either I just stopped when I ran out. I figure if it doesn't work within 5 months stop

I do know there are a lot of women that got PG after using them.

Good luck!!!

October 17th, 2009, 12:37 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey and Welcome. I'm Danee. I've never used them but I'll be curious to know how they work for yall. You'll have to keep us posted on that.
October 17th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm Kimberley. I used the Instead cups for a few cycles, and they didn't work for me either. By now I've pretty much tried it all Good luck with your TTC journey.
October 17th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to hopeful22
Thanks for all your help ladies! This site seems to be very supportive and you all have so much info! I will check out that abbreviation site too so I can be up to speed! Thanks again! I'll keep you updated with the progress on the softcups. This is my first month using them. I will also do the temp thing. Sounds like a solid plan and I've heard a lot about that too!

Tags
conception , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search