Defying Nature

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2005, 10:31 AM
monkhester
Hello everyone. My name is Georgia and this is my first time trying to conceive. I am fighting an uphill battle and trying to defy nature in the process.

I am 44 years old, have hypothyroidism, and PCOS (polycystic ovarian disease). So, now, even though I suspect that I am pregnant and have all the symptoms, I can't help but remember everything that I have working against me. So March 7th (mean AF Day) can't come soon enough.
March 4th, 2005, 11:19 AM
BabyMaybe's Avatar Veteran
Hi Georgia,

I understand your feeling like TTC is a battle. I'm going on 34 soon & worry about my age & also have hypothyroidism (we have been TTC for over 2 years). So, please try not to feel so alone. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me, I'm a night owl. Will be keeping you in my thoughts that March 7th brings you a BFP!
March 4th, 2005, 11:42 AM
monkhester
Quote:
Originally posted by BabyMaybe@Mar 4 2005, 01:19 PM
Hi Georgia,

I understand your feeling like TTC is a battle.* I'm going on 34 soon & worry about my age & also have hypothyroidism (we have been TTC for over 2 years).* So, please try not to feel so alone.* If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me, I'm a night owl.* Will be keeping you in my thoughts that March 7th brings you a BFP!
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

Thanks. It is a lot to overcome, but yet I still feel like I lucked out. Only three days to go and it seems like forever.
March 4th, 2005, 12:08 PM
KitKat
I'm sorry that you have so much to overcome. My DH had a problem as a child when his sacs did not fall (not unusual, I know) - but before they could perform the surgery to bring them down... he got scarlett fever! So the dr's told him as a child that he had more than likely cooked his sperm and would not be able to have children.

As they never performed any tests (and I'm still arguing with him to get them done now) - I refuse to believe that ALL his sperm is bad - until I get proof otherwise. So I keep trying.

I'm 31 (will be 32 in May) and also feel like time is running out. We have used no protection in over 8 years and still no luck so far.
March 4th, 2005, 12:48 PM
monkhester
Quote:
Originally posted by KitKat@Mar 4 2005, 02:08 PM
My DH had a problem as a child when his sacs did not fall (not unusual, I know) - but before they could perform the surgery to bring them down... he got scarlett fever!* So the dr's told him as a child that he had more than likely cooked his sperm and would not be able to have children.

Oh KitKat. I am so sorry to hear that. Here I am thinking that I have the worst to overcome. But, I think that miracles do happens and that is what I am going for.

So, from now on, I will add you to my miracle wish prayers.
March 7th, 2005, 01:17 AM
Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ladies, Please dont ever give up hope, I tried for four years, Month after month of watching for symptoms only to be dissapointed, sitting crying on the toilet when AF comes time and time again.

I know its a bit of a saying but its true, I'd accepted that it wasnt going to happen, I stopped looking out for ovulation signs, I stopped daydreaming about babys and tried to get on with my life.

And right then when i'd stopped obsessing over it and praying to god to let this be my month, it happened..I wasnt even aware i was ovulating and it happened, and here i am 14 weeks pregnant.
So ladies, dont ever give up hope, Im an example of that, If it can happen to me it can happen to anyone.

Hope this helps you somewhat

Thanks to Julia (Julka) for my beautiful siggy!
Come and see how Alyssa's grown!!
March 7th, 2005, 06:35 AM
KitKat
Quote:
Originally posted by walkergm+Mar 4 2005, 04:48 PM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-KitKat
Quote:
@Mar 4 2005, 02:08 PM
My DH had a problem as a child when his sacs did not fall (not unusual, I know) - but before they could perform the surgery to bring them down... he got scarlett fever!* So the dr's told him as a child that he had more than likely cooked his sperm and would not be able to have children.

Oh KitKat. I am so sorry to hear that. Here I am thinking that I have the worst to overcome. But, I think that miracles do happens and that is what I am going for.

[/b][/quote]

Thanks. I appreciate that.
March 7th, 2005, 11:02 AM
BabyMaybe's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally posted by walkergm+Mar 4 2005, 01:48 PM-->
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-KitKat
Quote:
@Mar 4 2005, 02:08 PM

[/b][/quote]

I ditto your thoughts Walker, what a perfect way to put it - miracle wish prayers.
I hope your husband goes for the testing KitKat, I'm sure deep down inside he wants to know the truth but the fear is stopping him.
March 20th, 2005, 11:11 AM
modelt's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to modelt
i am praying for yall.i need prayer too.my dh and i been married for 6 yrs and the whole time been trying.i am the one with the problem.back in 99 after we had only been married for a few months i found out i had a brain tumor and had to go to the hosptial.it was un removeable.went through 65 days of radation and still did not get it.i have no hair on top.my dr.told me i still could have one but it aint looking like.

modelt
March 20th, 2005, 11:18 AM
monkhester
Oh, Modelt I will say a special prayer for you. I hope that you will get a BFP very soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search