Need Some Advice

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Beccaboo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Beccaboo
Hello Everyone,

I posted a similiar topic in a different category but this one seems more suitable and I am in desperate need of some advice as to what some of you make think.

A few nights ago I went to emerg because I wasn't feeling very well and the doctor ordered blood test... after waiting around for awhile he came back to me and told me that I was 99.9% positive for pregnancy and said that there was very much so a baby in my uterus.. he then said that he wanted me to come back the next morning for an ultrasound so they could confirm how old the baby was and if it was healthy.

So the next morning I go back for an ultrasound and what do you know but they tell me my uterus has nothing in it at all! The doctor that was on duty then told me that 1) I was either pregnant and miscarried and the hormones are still there or 2) I am just pregnant now and it's too early for an ultrasound to see anything.

I am praying that it's #2, I have to go back and get more blood test done to find out what is happening... but I would just like some imput to help ease my mind.

Maybe some of you have heard about this or has had it happen to you!

Someone please let me know if you have any thoughts about this.

All feedback is greatly appreciated!'

Thanks,
Becky

March 5th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Regular
I know that you are very scared. I give you hugs and I am hoping for the best for you. But yes the 2 opinins the doctor gave you seem to be correct. You could have m/c or it's to early. Were you charting your periods because if so, you could have a better idea of what is going on? When you find out please tell us.
March 5th, 2005, 08:10 AM
I have no idea of what it could be.. I don't chart anything and 'm just worried that the doctor will say that I miscarried.. I guess all I can do is hope for the best and see what the blood test say next week.

Another question though.. when they take more blood if it comes back with another positive does that mean then that I am pregnant for sure? Or will they want more blood in another weeks time?

Also can you miscarry and still have the pregnancy hormone in your system for weeks after? I mean I have had no pain what so ever and I only passed 1 small clot... nothing that seemed to be tissue like which the doctor said would have been a misscharriage...

March 5th, 2005, 08:29 AM
TylerJ1029's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If your HcG levels are under 1000 then they cannot see anything on ultrasound. Yes you can still have HcG in your blood after a misscarriage. It slowly leaves your body. As long as your levels are rising then that means you are pregnant and they probably did and ultrasound too early.

March 5th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
BECCA BOO READ!!!!!!

Yes! This happened to me, and it is so scary! It turned out that I had an ovarian cyst. Many non-cancerous ovarian cysts give false positives on tests, which is also what I had. I was then in pain and not feeling well, my doctor told me to go to the ER. They gave me a urine test and it was positive! I thought I was miscarrying, so the next day go to my doc and she had the blood results and they said that I was not pregnant. They did a vaginal ultrasound to confirm that I had a ruptured ovarian cyst which feels alike like being pregnant and having a miscarriage. If you need anything feel free to send me a message. My advice--figure out what is going on, ask your doctor for tests. You don't want an eptopic pregnancy or such. Take care-

Nicole

Me: 26
Dh: 33

TTC# 1

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 5th, 2005, 09:36 PM
sandycheeks's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to sandycheeks
First I want to ask, what type of ultra sound did you have done? vaginal or belly?
A belly sonogram won't pick up a baby in early pregnancy, but a vaginal will sometimes, not all the time...

Second, mommy2bstl- I didn't know that about ovarian cysts until I read the back of a HPT test at a Dollar Mart.. It shocked me.. It did say Ovarian cyst can cause false positives, you'd think they way would put that on the back of First Response.

What do you think about this and see if this sounds like your situation..

I had a 8 cm ovarian cyst in my tubes, I had laparoscopy to have it removed. anways in janurary I got pregnant, and had a miscarriage. I used a hpt- positive, urine test at doctor's office positive, my blood test positive, my blood level was 108 hcg's.. A week later I miscarried, my levels were below 2 that day I miscarried..

My cyst didn't rupture, and my levels dropped, so I guess mine wasn't a false positive was it? Makes you wonder sometimes
March 6th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sandycheeks-

I had both a vaginal and a pelvic (on top) and they were both just delightful! LOL. I think that you were pregnant. I went through this a month ago, and it is very hard because I am testing right now and going insane. EPT is the one that I have used and picks up false positives. It did it again this month while all other tests are negative.

Blood tests confirm hands down if you are pregnant over home pregnancy tests. Reason why is that they can give a quantitative number for HCG, whereas a tiny bit secreted by an ovarian cyst, won't show up in a blood test. I was devestated, thinking I was pregnant, I even brought like 10 tests to my doc and said here look I am not crazy. She said you are right, you may just be one of those people that has to come in when they think they are pregnant because pregnancy tests don't cut it for you. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions. Baby Dust all around-
Nicole

ME: 26
DH: 33

TTC # 1

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 6th, 2005, 10:04 AM
thanks for the insight, however I am not experiencing any pain whatsoever.. I can't wait until wednesday when I get more blood taken, hopefully there is baby.. all I can do is pray

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search