Took the test and...

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Beccaboo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Beccaboo
Well I got a BFN! Now I really don't know what to think! It goes from blood tests saying 99.9% positive to an ultrasound showing nothing, to a home test saying negative.. oh well I have to go get more blood tests tomorrow so that will give me my final answer!

March 8th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
You have had a blood test already? Do you know what your hcg number was? Or did they do a qualitative test (just telling you a yes or no). when I got pregnant last month, my quantitative test told them about how pregnant I was. Unfortunately, the number began to fall after about a week. I never took another pregnancy test after finding out difinitively that I was pregnant. But, I do know that many of the HPTs require a fairly significant amount of the hormone before it will detect it. So, maybe you are and your number is just too low for a hpt to register it.

I had an ultrasound at about 5 weeks and they saw a thick lining, but nothing else. It was too early. So don't let that worry you too much. When I had my first quant beta hcg test (AF was only a day late) my hcg number was 29. Many hpts would not have picked it up until it was at 50.

Hope that helps! I'll say a prayer that you really ARE pregnant and just need a higher hcg level for a HPT.

Good luck. At the appointment tomorrow be sure to ask what the level was!!!! That will help you keep track of what's going on!!

March 8th, 2005, 12:41 PM
If~Only~Life~Was~Easy's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to If~Only~Life~Was~Easy Send a message via Yahoo to If~Only~Life~Was~Easy
Im sorry things are being so hard on you right now. But things will get better!! When you get everything figured out come let us know whats going on too!!! Feel better!!

<span style="color:#33CCFF">^^ most recent pic i could find grrr, he hates his pic being taken! ( Whoopic Cushion & Mardi Gras )
March 8th, 2005, 12:44 PM
When I went into emerg the doctor never said anything, I told him that I had AF for 14 days and he demanded blood tests and came back and said that I was 99.9% positive for pregnancy and that I would have to go back the next day for an ultrasound, the ultrasound showed that there was nothing in my uterus, 0 mass 0 fluid. That was all i was told. So the doc said that I miscarried or was 2 early... so I have to go to my family doc for more tests tomorrow...

March 8th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberL
If you WERE pregnant and miscarried, they may have your hcg numbers handy. If the blood work tomorrow shows they are lower, I would suspect miscarriage. That's what happened to me. It sucks. But, keep a positive attitude, I know my body wasn't doing what the doctors expected so maybe yours isn't either.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

March 8th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Well as soon as I get the results back I will post and let you know!

March 8th, 2005, 01:50 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Becca, I really hope that its not a miscarriage,, love ya hun come back and give us an update when you can!

*baby dust*

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

March 8th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sorry that it came back negative. Have your doc do a blood test to see what your levels are, like progesterone, estrogen, etc to see if that may have been why you miscarried. I went today for all of that. That way the next time around they are prepared if you are not producing enough. Baby dust and hugs!

Nicole

ME: 26
DH:33

TTC# 1

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search