New Here - TTC for the first time with Endo

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Pebblesbuddy
Hey Everyone I have been lurking in the shadows reading everyone's posts and it seems like there is a great group of people on here. I guess I should start with an introduction. My name is Christina, I have been with my DH for 5 and a half years now and 2 and half of those years we have been married.

I guess I should start at the beginning of my female problems. I have always had horrible times of the month, since I can remember back to middle school, high school and all of college. I would get the worst pain and half the time I would get very ill and end up throwing up and getting sick. I always thought this was a normal but soon found out it was not. My mom, my mom's sister and my mom's mother all had Endometriosis. My mom had a hysterectomy it was so bad and my mother's sister's fallopian tube was shredded because of her Endo. Needless to say it was in my family history and I was pretty sure I had it. I visited with my OB and he said he was 99% sure I had it based on a physical, family history and my symptoms. I scheduled a surgery on May 1, 2009 of last year. When I woke up from the surgery he said I did in fact have Endo, it was Stage IV and was all over my organs. I had it on my bladder, bowel, ovaries, uterus and fallopian tubes. He said he was able to remove it all but not from my bowel and I would need to take Lupron to kill the rest. I then would have to endure probably one of the hardest 8 months of my life.

I started the Lupron shot at the end of May and had to be on it for 6 months. I also had to take Femera daily to shut off my Estrogen production. I was put in a menopausal state and didn't get my AF anymore. Lurpon and Femera are nasty drugs, I had horrible hot flashes, extreme mood swings, no interest in sex at all, very bad joint pain you name it I felt like I had it. I used to run every day and near the middle of the treatment I had to stop because my knees hurt so much. Finally I finished up the shot in October and the drug in December. Now I had to wait to get my period.

Finally just this past January 29th I got it! Almost 9 months without the darn thing and I can't tell you how excited I was to get it. My DH and I had planned on the baby making around May/June this year because I wanted to travel to Italy, but my doctor said it was best I try asap since I had the Endo so bad and statistics show it had a 60% chance of coming back within 2 years. Basically waiting from the time I got my period again to June (so 5 months) could of proven to not be a good idea.

So here I am now, researching online, reading boards etc about TTC. My DH and I discussed and felt it was better to start now and put Italy on hold for a later time. If it's now or never we choose now. So I wanted to start off the baby making right and I am watching for signs of my body ovulating. I used to be 28 days every month all the time but now that I was on that drug I seem to not be totally back to that 28 day month. I bought an ovulation kit to be better prepared for knowing when the big O arrived. I tested every day since my 11th day of my cycle and in the past would of ovulated around day 14. Well it looks like I got my LH surge this past Sunday would make it day 17. Every day I checked and never had a hint of a red line. I checked this past Saturday around 5pm and there was no line. I was on vacation with my DH and we came back Sunday and I checked around 3pm and there was a very dark red line. I noticed other signs that I normally wouldn't pay attention to like I started to have a EWCM etc. We did the BD that day. I checked again Sunday night around 9pm and it was still a bright red line. Today is Monday and I checked again at 12pm and it's still red and i still notice a EWCM. I guess my body is really surging! So the BD has been done the day I noticed and today as well, unfortunately, it was not done on Saturday, the day before I noticed the LH Surge.

I know this a super long post but I really wanted to get my story out there and see if anyone has been in a similar boat? Did you have Endo really bad and were you able to conceive naturally? How long did it take? Is there anything else I should be doing to increase my chances of conceiving? I eat pretty healthy, drink minimal (although now since it is the TWW I am not drinking at all) I exercise and try my best to stay in shape.

Everyone on here sounds extremely helpful and just researching online about this doesn't compare, I think, to real life experiences. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and cross your fingers that my first time TTC works out This TWW is going to be so long :-P
February 15th, 2010, 09:55 PM
gratzie's Avatar Expecting #2!!!
Hi! And welcome to the board. I'm also Christina Sorry I don't have any experience with endometriosis or the medications, but I just wanted to say that it's quite the hardship you've had to endure! There is a forum for TTC with Endometriosis, so maybe you wanna check that one out for some extra support? Again, welcome, and I hope your stay on the TTC boards isn't long!

February 15th, 2010, 10:11 PM
cydonia1978's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello, welcome! I don't have experience with endo, but I wanted to say hello! Another thing you can do to help with TTC is temperature charting. There's all sorts of great info on that at the Fertility Charting forum as well as at Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting

Hope your stay is short and sweet!

February 16th, 2010, 05:59 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the group, Christina! I'm Jackie (28), DH is Jon (29), and we've been ttc our first for over 2 years now.

Although I haven't done the Lupron stuff, we are in similar boats. I had terrible AFs all my life as well, although it got better when I was on birth control pills. After over a year of ttc, and tries with Clomid, etc., I was referred to an RE (reproductive endocrinologist). He finally pushed for a laparoscopy to be done (among other things) and I had that finally completed in August '09. I, too, was diagnosed with Stage IV endometriosis, most of which was on my intestines (which also could not be removed) and between my bladder and ovaries (which also couldn't be removed due to the amount of bleeding that started occuring when my doctor tried!) Unfortunately my cycles are just as painful as before the surgery because most of it couldn't be removed, so the fact that they removed most of yours is a plus!!

You may want to also visit the ttc w/ endometriosis board if you haven't already. Some of those ladies have had success getting pregnant (our board here is only for girls that haven't yet had a baby and are ttc#1), so you'd probably find some better success stories over there. You've found a great group and I look forward to getting to know you!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

February 16th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DITTO what Jackie said!!! I have endo too... I have endo cysts on my nerve so Im in constant pain... I was on the lupron shot for 3 months... it actually helped with my pain for 2 months and then on the 3rd month for some reason it didnt help with the pain at all.. so my doctor had me stop taking it... I had some bad hot flashes but all of the symptoms of the shot was WELL WORTH it for me when it did work... but not worth it at all when it did nothing... like Jackie said if you want to hear more succese stories you are better off either in the grads section or the TTC with Endo... good luck with your TTC journey!!! I hope your stay here is SHORT and SWEET!!!
February 16th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Welcome to the board. Indeed, this is a wonderful group of ladies (even though, I disappear at times..lol)!

February 16th, 2010, 03:34 PM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
Hi Christina! I am Kate, one of your co-hosts. There are a LOT of great knowledgeable women here also dealing with Endo...I want to wish you lots of luck and if you have any questions just ask!!

Last edited by jensma; February 16th, 2010 at 04:32 PM.
February 16th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Pebblesbuddy
Wow what an amazing group of women! Thanks for all the nice responses! I am hoping I have no problems and TTC happens quickly! One can hope right. So here is question about TTC. Since Sunday I have done the ovulation test and had positive signs. I checked Sunday at 3pm, 9pm, Monday at around 12pm and today at 12pm. I can't remember the exact times but around then and every time it has been a bright red line saying I am surging. This would be over 48 hours now, is this normal? Thanks Also another question since you guys seem to know so much. How long does sperm last inside a woman? So say we did the BD Sunday and I O'ed today, would there be a chance of sperm still there. Thanks sooo much and I am so excited to get to know everyone! Woo!

Last edited by Pebblesbuddy; February 16th, 2010 at 07:12 PM.
February 16th, 2010, 07:42 PM
daneeleigh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well you are definitely in the right place. I am no longer ttc as of right now but I can definitely compare my story to yours. I've been fighting with endo since I was 13 and I found out I also have fibromyalgia about 8 months ago. I've been treated with lupron and it was the most horrible experience of my life. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. My doctor said whether or not I wanted to ttc she wouldn't let me at this point due to what other doctors had done to my body. It needs a long time to heal. So I had my IUD inserted about a month ago which caused a huge flare up of both the endo and the fibro and I'm still waiting for my uterus and whole pelvic region to stop contracting. It's like being in labor 24/7.

It's like a never ending battle. I finally got the lupron out of my system after 9 months of hell and then I go straight into a new form of hell as soon as the IUD was inserted. It's like a never ending cycle of bad luck. I pray you get you're BFP soon and I hope you're stay is short and sweet. What has your doctor said as far as what your treatment should be to conceive?
February 17th, 2010, 04:28 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You will love the ladies here and it looks like Jackie and Danee were able to help ya out...I just wanted to say HI and welcome to the board. I'm Stefanie

I'm so glad your doctor was able to get most of the endo off...that is wonderful!! I really hope you get your bfp asap so you dont have to worry about ever taking Lupron again.

I look forward getting to know ya!!! Good luck and lots of dust to ya!!

February 17th, 2010, 11:40 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Welcome to this board! I'm your co host on this board.
Wow you certainly have been through a lot the past years! I do not have endo but there are quite a few ladies on here that has it. They have offered their advices and hope it helps you!
I hope to see you around more and good luck with TTC!
February 17th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
I'm Rebecca 34 DH is Maurice 35 we're from Ireland. married 16 months and ttc#1 for 20 months.

I also have Endo and have also been in a medicated Menapause, awful hot flushes etc... So I feel your pain. I've had two surgeries to remove Endo and they also removed my left tube that was badly damaged.
I've been having problems with pre Cancer cells that (Fingers crossed) have all been removed by LEEP at the end of December.
I'm waiting to get the all clear in March so we can start trying again, So at the moment I'm on BCP to keep Endo and the pain away. We're hoping to try IUI in the next few months.

I hope I can answer your questions :~ sperm can live up to 4-5 days in your body, the egg released can live between 12-24 hours. Therefore, your fertile period starts approximately 4-5 days PRIOR to ovulation and ends 12-24 hours after ovulation.
I used to get a +OPK for 2 days. I hope you catch your eggie honey.
I think you should start charting so you can understand your body more.
Looking forward to getting to know you better and here is some baby dust to start you off

[SIZE="3"]

February 17th, 2010, 07:25 PM
JustLiz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm Liz (32) and DH is Les (32. We just started our 7th cycle of ttc. Good luck!

Thank you Vicki!

Tags
baby making , endometriosis , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search