Has anyone....

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Beccaboo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Beccaboo
Has anyone started thinking about what they want their nursey to look like?

March 10th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Super Mommy
Oh for sure, I am a total Disney/Pooh freak. So i'm sure I'll end up subjecting a child of mine to that

Good things come to those who wait

Low and slow betas (possible blighted ovum)
July 4: BFP - EDD March 9/09
July 7: 538
July 11: 1134
July 14: 1782
u/s July 21 @ 2:15 pm - blighted ovum, d&c to be scheduled
March 10th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Super Mommy
Pink and white striped wallpaper and flowers everywhere. I finished decorating it about three years ago (before I even thought of having children). Kinda of hoping for a girl...too lazy to change the decor again.

Dani
March 10th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Beccaboo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Beccaboo
I am kinda leaning towards a carebear theme... have to run it by SO first though!

March 10th, 2005, 05:26 PM
marie2001
My theme is going to be "juvenile classy".... (whatever that means!) LOL... anyway, I bought these retro baby product posters in France at a flea market... I want to have them framed in white frames, and I have a print of Van Gogh's "sunflowers".... other than that, baby blue carpet, pale yellow walls, and a big window!
March 11th, 2005, 06:25 AM
KitKat
Depends on if I find out ahead of time if it's a boy or girl. If I do then if I am
having a girl...
The nursery theme will be Strawberry Shortcake (I LOVED strawberry shortcake when I was a girl and have been so excited that she's back - this would give me an excuse to have her all over the place without looking weird HA! )

If it's a boy: Hotwheels - DH's family are all car fanatics!
March 11th, 2005, 12:44 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Marie- that idea sounds beautiful! I am pretty artsy as well.

Well I have this really big and beautiful tinkerbell snow globe, so I was thinking about doing a girls room around that, but its so hard to find a tinkerbell crib set.
Other than that I wasn't going to go with any character theme just prints and stuff very pink if its a girl and very blue if its a boy!

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

March 11th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Neo76 Send a message via MSN to Neo76 Send a message via Yahoo to Neo76
I want a classic timeless look. I love the french country look with a white wrought iron crib and a white canopy over the crib.....wainscotting in cream, pretty toile draperies, dragon fly motifs around the room...white quilted bedding with simple accent color on the fringe.

March 11th, 2005, 01:15 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Neo, thats kind of what I want too,, something classic looking.
That sounds very pretty!

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

March 11th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
depending on if it is a boy or girl, a white or mahogoney sleigh bed from pottery barn, painted pale blue with white stirpes for a boy, a white cotton rocker from pottery barn that is by this huge window with a bench seat, book shelves and of course pics of his mommy and daddy. for a girl I love neo's idea--totally girlie!

KAT--I had the strawberry shortcake mansion!

Nicole

Mommy to:
Maddi: 1/3/06
Jack: 7/7/08

TTC# 3 with PCOS
March 12th, 2005, 12:07 AM
BabyMaybe's Avatar Veteran
For a girl I'm planning a butterfly theme for the room. I want the walls to be lavender with butterfly stencils as a border.

For a boy, I really like Finding Nemo as a theme.
March 12th, 2005, 07:17 AM
marie2001
Neo and Kat-- I love your ideas! I forgot to mention-- I want all white furniture in the room as well.... also, from watching other moms that I know, I think it is a good idea to get a room darkening shade put on any windows in the room... I think that really helps babies sleep during afternoon nap time!
March 16th, 2005, 03:42 AM
dreaming_of_baby's Avatar Veteran
I guess I'm th weird one. I don't want a nursery. I want the baby to sleep in a bassinet in our room and then co-sleep.
March 17th, 2005, 10:00 AM
I am such a Pooh fanatic. My whole family would be so surprised if it was anything but. lol

~Baby dust to all!!!~
April 9th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Missy9019's Avatar Member
I know this topic was old, but I wanted to add to it anyway! I love everyone's ideas.. the husband and I have a bet that if it's a girl, I get to choose.. I think I like a soft green and cream mix.. for a boy, he gets a danged "Harley" themed room!
April 10th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Veteran
[quote]for a boy, he gets a danged "Harley" themed room! [quote]

That's funny! My cousin and I are making quilts right now and she is making a Harley quilt for her little boy's room and the walls are orange, black and gray! It is actually really cute even though it doesn't sound like it! Her quilt is really cute!!

You all should watch make room for baby on I think it is discovery health or something! It is my fav show!! I too am a huge winnie the pooh fan, but I can't decide what I want the theme to be?? Well, have fun with it ladies and keep sharing your ideas!
April 10th, 2005, 03:12 PM
littlered's Avatar Veteran
i have. i want a noah's ark nursery.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search