Let's share- Christmas trees!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2010, 07:04 PM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We've done this in previous years and it's SO fun to see everyone's different styles!! So share a picture of your Christmas tree if you have it up already-- if you don't, make sure you post it when you do!!

I'll start-- we have 2 trees up this year. One is my Steelers tree (all black and gold with a bunch of NFL Steelers ornaments) and the other is our traditional tree. I love putting them in front of bay windows so you can see them from the road!

Who's next??

Last edited by ~*Jackie*~; November 30th, 2010 at 07:09 AM.
November 29th, 2010, 07:10 PM
I've posted in the help area to see why this post is all out of whack and looks strange. Hopefully that part of it will be fixed soon!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 41 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- August 2014: All but 7 cycles on BCP due to endometriosis.

IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever. EDD 8/18/15

November 29th, 2010, 07:56 PM
PinkCloud's Avatar It's a girl!!!
Your trees look sooo pretty Jackie!!! We don't have ours up yet! But I cant wait!
November 30th, 2010, 05:34 AM
DexysMidnight's Avatar Super Mommy
I love your trees! we have ours up, but haven't gotten a chance to decorate yet. We were both sick over the holiday, but hopefully this weekend!

November 30th, 2010, 06:44 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I remember doing this... Jackie your trees are CUTE!!! other then the one being a STEELERS one... lol

ours is VERY VERY SAD!!! lol I told Mark we need a new tree... lol he just laughed... because he knows its TRUE!!! last year I got us a real tree and it smelled soooooooooooooooooo good!!!! and it was sooooooooooooooooo pretty!!!
November 30th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My tree is up but un-decorated. We just bought it on Black Friday... but I was feeling like a hot bag of crap yesterday, so I didn't pull out the decorations or anything.

I've got a few errands to run today, so hopefully I'll get it done once I get back.

Will definitely post pics as soon as it's done!

November 30th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Has anyone gotten theirs up yet??

I can't wait to see more of your trees- I love seeing others' ideas!!!

And no one noticed the ghost in our dining room window? I didn't notice it until a few days after the tree was up.... I've put it away now- I totally forgot about it!

Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 41 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.

IVF#3/FET#2 (November 2014) Transferred two perfect blasts- First BFP Ever. EDD 8/18/15

November 30th, 2010, 10:13 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Jackie*~ View Post
And no one noticed the ghost in our dining room window? I didn't notice it until a few days after the tree was up.... I've put it away now- I totally forgot about it!
I was too busy looking at the tree that I didn't even notice the ghost! You should have kept it up to see if anyone else noticed!

We are getting our tree this weekend, so I hope to have pics up then! It's so nice to get a REAL, U-Cut tree after sooo many years of the fake ones my parents have!

And even though this is our second year living together, I think I already have too many ornaments for one tree.. heheh oops!

November 30th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Hockey247's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Hockey247
OK- I don't feel as bad now for not having mine up. I am making this my weekend project. Pictures to come!!
November 30th, 2010, 03:53 PM
elle8's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine is up! I am just too lazy to take a pic, download it, then post it to FB and then post it here. Every time I see this post though it reminds me I should go in there and do it. I will have my pic here in the next few days.

Jackie I love that you have 2 trees. They are both beautiful! DH will not let me have 2. Ours is so big that he has kind of put his foot down on having a second, all though I would love to have one. Lucky you!

Thanks ~Nicole~ for my perfect siggy!
November 30th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Aww, thanks, Elle! This is the first year with 2 actually up. I had 2 last year but ended up only doing the Steelers tree. I missed my traditional one though and I wanted them both on the same floor so I could enjoy them all the time!

November 30th, 2010, 08:59 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
We got ours up on Sunday! Our tree has red and gold decorations. Wasn't what I originally wanted, but we got a gift and it was NOEL and it was red and gold.. so I wanted to match everything. Looks really pretty though

This is one of the ornaments my mother-in-law made for the dogs.. . they all have one...

OH and I forgot to add.. DH put presents for ME under it. I had no idea!

Sneaky man. LOL

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
November 30th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jackie you need a Troy Palumalu (sp?) doll to put on the top of your Steelers tree!
December 1st, 2010, 06:15 AM
I agree, Kimberley!

Kelli- what a beautiful tree!!! And not to mention presents! Woo hoo!

December 4th, 2010, 07:51 PM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Just got it and put it up today! However, I apparently am allergic to sap because I got a weird rash on my arm/hand when decorating ... luckily it's all gone now but that really sucked!

December 4th, 2010, 10:32 PM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
**use tinypic.com to upload and recieve an img code very quick and easy**

Here are some pics of our tree. We are using a fake tree this year cause DH's mom gave it to us, but I prefer a real one. I just bought the ornaments and love them! The Close up ornament was made and given to us by our wedding photographer, the image is embedded in the metal so it's practically everlasting.

December 5th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did mine in jewel tones and gold this year...

[/url]
Tree2 by ~ Coley ~, on Flickr

Tree by ~ Coley ~, on Flickr

Close up of the ornament colors:

Ornament Close up by ~ Coley ~, on Flickr

Last edited by Coley; December 5th, 2010 at 10:29 AM.
December 6th, 2010, 05:38 AM
DexysMidnight's Avatar Super Mommy
X-posted from my journal.. heres my tree, and our angel (a wedding gift with pieces of our invitiations on it). Taken with my phone making them all blurry

December 6th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Gorgeous, girls!!! Keep the pics coming!!!

December 13th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Great trees gilrs. I love christmas....

here is our tree

This is my favorite decoration We got it as a wedding present

Here is under my tree. they are ceramic christmas figurines

under the tree with lights

And just for fun. My snowman...

[SIZE="3"]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: