Are you going to find out the sex?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Are you going to find out the sex of your baby??
Yes 11 61.11%
No 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2005, 07:41 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wondering who here was going to find out the sex of their baby.
I think we have decided we aren't going to. We originally wanted to so we could get all pink or all blue and just be prepared but some good friends of ours just had their baby and they had no idea what it was and it was just so exciting.

March 30th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Super Mommy
I don't want to know at all. I think it makes for an amazing surprise after all the labor. That is what I will be looking foward to anyways.
March 31st, 2005, 05:56 AM
Lilah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would definitely want to know! I guess I just don't have much patience - hell, I am not even pregnant yet but if there was someway to know the sex of a future baby right now I would want to know!
March 31st, 2005, 06:07 AM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are going to wait, and this is actually more DH wanting this than me, but I am fine with it now it will be fun to watch people guess what sex they think it is...
March 31st, 2005, 06:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I voted yes. I've been on the fence about this for a while. In Nova Scotia, they don't tell you the sex, but since DH and I know ppl that work up at the hospital (one is a patient of ours) she said already she would check for us

I was settled on the fact that we wouldn't be finding out but now that I know we can, i want to!

March 31st, 2005, 08:52 AM
Eden's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We definitely want to know...asap!!! It makes better planning sense to us. But I think I'll still have doubts until birth. I can't wait to talk to my baby in my tummy by name.
March 31st, 2005, 08:58 AM
Not only do DH and I want to wait to find out the sex, but I also don't want to give it a name until it's born....is that weird? We have a list of 3 favorite girl names and 3 favorite boy names and right when he/she is born (or maybe a week or 2 before) we will pick a name then. I feel like i am the only one that feels this way
March 31st, 2005, 09:53 AM
Carah062105's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
"I would definitely want to know! I guess I just don't have much patience - hell, I am not even pregnant yet but if there was someway to know the sex of a future baby right now I would want to know! "

I'm with autumsun, I want to know as soon as they can tell me. I can't wait that long to go shopping, and I don't want my babies wardrobe in the first months to be all neutral! I love going shopping and I don't think I could wait, even if I wanted to.

Thanks Melissa (Alison's Mommy) for my awesome blinkies!!!

March 31st, 2005, 02:21 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I used to think that I would want to find out so that we could get all the things we would need for one gender or the other, but now I feel that I would like it to be a surprise.

My husband doesn't want us to find out. We have already chosen seven (total, possible) names for the four children that we want, in the order that we want them. He feels that I am a very sensitive and sentimental person, and because I have gotten so attached to the names I would never want to reuse them.

You see, if we found out early on and chose the appropriate name, and God forbid, we lost the baby he thinks that I would never be able to use the name on our next child. Also, our first boy name is named after my husband, and we really want to use that name.

Christina

PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

March 31st, 2005, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by SavaAngel@Mar 31 2005, 04:21 PM
You see, if we found out early on and chose the appropriate name, and God forbid, we lost the baby he thinks that I would never be able to use the name on our next child. Also, our first boy name is named after my husband, and we really want to use that name.

Christina
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

That is EXACTLY why I won't give my baby a name until it is born...that may seem strange to some people, but that's how we want it...if I gave my unborn child a name we really like and I god forbid miscarry I would never use that name again.

Similar story...my mom had a puppy named Nikki she had to put down at 7 months old....when she got another puppy she named her Nikki ...I would never do that, it's just weird.
March 31st, 2005, 04:33 PM
Veteran
My DH and I aren't going to find out. I really think that will be very hard for me as I am terrible with surprises (I'm like a child at Christmas snooping for what my husband got me ) But... he is very sure he doesn't want to know, so I respect his wishes on that. After all, it will be the most wonderful surprise ever!!
April 5th, 2005, 07:19 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Christina and TexMex- I thought the same thing! The names I like I really like and I want to use, and I wouldn't be able to if I planned on naming my child that then miscarried.
We have also decided on taking a few names of each gender and deciding when the babies born what name it will have.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search