New!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2005, 02:31 PM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Nevaeh, I am 19 years old (20 in June), and me and my boyfriend are ready to have a baby. I know I will get good advice from you ladies when I need it. You all seem like nice people and I can't wait to get to know you better. I have a question, I just started birth control last month (March) and I am ready to get off
them. I am half way thru my pack, should I finish the entire pack or can I stop them now? Thanks.

NEVAEH (19)

ANTAUN (19)

TTC this summer!
April 2nd, 2005, 10:29 AM
Welcome!

I don't mean to sound negative....but if you just started pills a couple weeks ago, for the first time...maybe you should give having a baby more thought. It just seems extreme to go from being sure that you werent ready for a baby that you went on pills....to 2 weeks later deciding you are ready for one. But....if you truly do want a baby...you can stop you pills at any time. Just know expect your AF within a couple days after stopping you pills.

Good luck!
April 2nd, 2005, 11:45 AM
Beccaboo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Beccaboo
Hey Nevaeh, how are you? I'm Becky also TTC # 1. I am one of the co-hosts for this board and we have TTC Chats every Monday night... Glad you decided to join us here at JM! There are tons of wonderful ladies here to help out and give some great advice! I hope you enjoy it here... Welcome!! Also feel free to pm me if you need or you can even add me to msn if you wish... minime2616@hotmail.com

About stopping your birthcontrol pills... you don't have to finish the pack to stop.. you can stop taking them whenever you want! Just be aware that your period (AF) my start shortly after stopping them and don't be surprised if it's irregular!

Hope to see you around the boards and lots of ~*~Baby Dust~*~ to you and your bf!

PS - I'm from PEI, Canada... where abouts are you?

~*~Becky~*~

April 2nd, 2005, 04:04 PM
monkhester
Welcome to the board, Nevaeh. I am also ttc #1. The ladies here are the best for all sort of support. I am thrilled that you have joined us.
April 4th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Thanks ladies for yall the support! It's very appreciated!

RN823:
Actually, I didn't start the pill to prevent pregnancy, it was actually for my mild acne but now that I have found something else to control it.

Beccaboo:
I am from Dayton, Ohio!

If you ladies were me, would you stop the pack now or wait til you finish the pack? I am not sure what I wanna do...

NEVAEH (19)

ANTAUN (19)

TTC this summer!
April 4th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Beccaboo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Beccaboo
I would sy go with what you feel like you wanna do.. atleast if you finish the pack you will know when AF will come.. if you just stop taking them it will come unexpectingly and it could stay longer than normal.. either way you do what you wanna do and make sure you keep us posted, hopefully you will get a BFP soon!

April 4th, 2005, 06:19 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to JM!

My name is Kat I am 19 (20 in May) and me and my b/f of 3.5 years are currently ttc #1. I'm so glad you found us!
If I were you I think I would finish your pills for this cycle, then your period will be more normal, and it will be easier to get started TTC (with a regular period it will be eaiser to figure out when you ovulate)

Best of luck! I hope you like it here!

*~baby dust~*

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

April 4th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Thanks for your advice, I decided to finish the pack...

KAT:
I'm 19 too, I'll be 20 in June! Thanks for the kind words.

Nevaeh

NEVAEH (19)

ANTAUN (19)

TTC this summer!
April 5th, 2005, 07:14 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nevaeh, of course I'm not an expert, but I think that just makes more sense, good luck!!

btw: I forgot to mention I love your name! It was one that we were thinking of as a middle name!

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

April 5th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Thank you!

NEVAEH (19)

ANTAUN (19)

TTC this summer!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search