Poll: What's the best Pre-Natal Vitamin?

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2011, 06:01 PM
HubbysSweetheart's Avatar Little Jo married Laurie!
I'm taking Nature Made with the DHA in it. I can't do alot of Glycerins and this seemed to have very little, and I liked what was in it.... the doses of included Vitamins didn't seem too over-the-top high.

Which pre-natal vitamin do you take and why did you chose that one?

Are there any you took and didn't like?

Were there any that your Dr. said to stay away from?

March 21st, 2011, 06:08 PM
kelbert's Avatar a.k.a. Kelli
I am taking one from CVS.. it comes with a separate DHA supplement. My doctor told me what to get when I first mentioned TTC.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy

My Art Page!
March 22nd, 2011, 11:46 AM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you don't mind me adding my 2 cents. I was lurking from AIP. I take the Vitafusion Prenatal Gummies and LOVE them. I started taking them because I wanted to try something I could keep down during the dreaded MS part of pregnancy. When I was pregnant with DD I had to stop taking my prenatals for a while because i could not keep them down. The "vitamin flavor" kept coming up and made me throw them up. Sorry so gross! So I tried these gummies instead and had no problem. THey taste just like candy and have DHA in the too!
March 22nd, 2011, 12:47 PM
krisb's Avatar Member
I would love gummy prenatals! But how many do you have to take per day? The one I saw in stores would have me taking 2 a day & only 30 in a bottle @ $20 a bottle... that would add up quick!

Right now I'm taking CVS brand prenatals, first ones I tried & so far so good! They aren't huge & come 100 to a bottle for only $10. They don't make me sick at all, in fact I think they've started to give me more energy in the mornings.
March 22nd, 2011, 01:25 PM
I saw the gummies and thought they looked delicious!.... But decided to go with the NatureMade because I got more pills for the money.
I will definatly keep that in mind if I get prego and can't swallow the horse pills!

Thanks for the input! (we newbies like all the information we can get. )

March 22nd, 2011, 02:54 PM
hoping and waiting's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisb View Post
I would love gummy prenatals! But how many do you have to take per day? The one I saw in stores would have me taking 2 a day & only 30 in a bottle @ $20 a bottle... that would add up quick!

Right now I'm taking CVS brand prenatals, first ones I tried & so far so good! They aren't huge & come 100 to a bottle for only $10. They don't make me sick at all, in fact I think they've started to give me more energy in the mornings.
These are from Target. THere are 90 in a bottle and you do have to take 2 a day. They are about $10.00 a bottle so you know it ends up being like $7/month. Not too bad.
March 29th, 2011, 08:56 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just started taking the NatureMade Prenatal Multi + DHA and I am really happy with them as they don't make me feel sick at all.

I was taking the One-A-Day Prenatal and they used to make me feel really sick unless I was eating a huge meal and took the pills in the middle of it!!

I much prefer the NatureMade - I won't even go back!

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
March 30th, 2011, 03:01 PM
KogerBaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just lurking and figured i would add my experience here for you since i used to be part of this board.

i took Prenate DHA throughout my entire pregnancy they are great and didn't make me sick at all only down side is that they are prescription and can get kind of expensive. My insurance i pay 55 for a 3 month supply.
March 30th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I take Spring Valley from Walmart.

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
March 31st, 2011, 07:08 AM
CalmHorizons's Avatar Christina
I've been taking the Walgreens store brand with DHA.
March 31st, 2011, 10:10 AM
It feels good to know that I'm not the only one not on a perscription PreNatal, a friend of mine told me she pays $50 a mo. for hers and I thought....... uh, no way I'm gonna afford that when I'm not even preggo yet!

Thanks everyone for all the great input!

Tags
advice , vitamins

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search