nervous about labour!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 8th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Veteran
PLEASE CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME REASSURING WORDS ABOUT LABOUR?!

DH AND I WATCHED A DOCUMENTARY LAST NITE CALLED "FROM CONCEPTION TO BIRTH" WHICH WAS EXACTLY THAT-DETAILED PICS AND DESCRIPTIONS ABOUT GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OF BABY FROM WEEK ONE TO WEEK FOURTY.
IT WAS AMAZING-REALLY INFORMATIVE, BUT AT THE END IT SHOWED THE LADY ACTUALLY GIVING BIRTH AND IT LOOKED SO PAINFUL!!!!

I KNOW WE ALL KNOW THAT ALREADY, AND I WAS NERVOUS BEFORE I WATCHED IT ANYWAY-BUT NOW IM TERRIFIED!!!!!!!!
DH KEEPS TELLING ME TO THINK THAT IT IS JUST ONE DAY OF PAIN FOR A LIFETIME OF LOVE! I KNOW THIS IS TRUE AND I REALLY DO WANT A BFP THIS MONTH MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD, BUT I AM JUST SO SCARED OF LABOUR AND DELIVERY!

ps. im sorry that this is really premature and i shouldnt be worring about it yet but i cant help it-maybe it's just because that was first birth ive seen, (as dh and i have said that we wont watch any birth videos until i actually get pregnant so i cant get put off and change my mind because it would be too late by then!!!! ha ha!)
April 8th, 2005, 11:49 AM
TexMex's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How 'bout that epidural?! Sounds like you will definitely be getting one of those!

I'm freaked out on the whole labor thing too, but it's just sooo worth it!
April 8th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Veteran
THANKS!
BUT IM TERRIFIED OF THE WHOLE EPIDUAL THING TOO!!!
I GUESS IM JUST A GREAT BIG WUSS!!! ha ha ha
April 8th, 2005, 11:59 AM
littlered's Avatar Veteran
i have heard that a water birth is pretty easy. but don't about it myself. that only thing that scares me about labor is something happening to the baby or me. but i know it will be worth the pain.

April 8th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Veteran
Melissa, the whole thing terrifies me too, but my friends who have had the baby say it is all so worth it and that when it is over you hardly think about it because you are so amazed and in love with the new little miracle you have brought in this world! I try not to think about it too much yet, we'll cross that bridge when my water breaks! lol!
April 8th, 2005, 03:26 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For some reason I'm not worried about the actual labour, just the epidural if I decided to have one! All of my sisters looked more in pain for that than the actual pushing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search