Failed IVF after polypectomy

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2011, 10:48 AM
Hello Ladies, Hope you are all doing well. I'm looking for a bit of advice, success stories, and maybe just someone who can relate to me. I'll try to not drag this out longer than it should be.

My partner and I decided we wanted to start a family, after 2 years of trying we finally became pregnant in July 2010. Everything was going great until about the 8th week. I start having bleeding and cramping. Had several trips to ER and everything was fine, except we were told there was a small bleed around the sac but everything should be fine. Things get better then week 10 I get put on bed rest and on progesterone supplements. Long story short it ended in miscarriage on week 12 in September.

We start to try again immediately after (my ob/gyn advised we should since I was "very fertile" at this time). No luck. Finally we decided to seek fertility help and couldnt get into see the dr. until April 2011. We decided to surpass artificial insemination since we were basically doing this already, and go straight for IVF. During the "mock" embryo transfer this dr. discovered I had polyps in my uterus, which would explain why I had midcyle bleeding each month and why I also had trouble conceiving on my own. I had the surgery to remove these, which ended up being 4 polyps. The dr. said everything went perfect and we are ready to proceed. We transfered only 2 embryos due to my age and waited our 2 weeks. In July 2011 we went in for the pregnancy test which came back negative. The dr. said several things could have played a roll in this but to not get discouraged and he feels very positive and we should try again.

After doing some online reading and searching, I have come across lots of information that after a polypectomy, IVF usually is successful when given the proper healing time. I'm hoping i'm not the only one who had this problem and looking for some words to "pick me up". We start our next IVF cycle in January.
September 22nd, 2011, 11:48 AM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
HUGE SUPER DUPER FREAKING BIG FAT GIANT MONSTER Im sorry you are having to deal with all that you are going through... I havent personally gone through what you are going through but there maybe someone in the medical assistance board that has... heres the link...
Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance - JustMommies Message Boards

just copy and paste this... but we are here for you too! if you need to vent, cry, scream, whatever for the bad times and scream, jump up and down, cry, laugh for the other times
September 22nd, 2011, 01:47 PM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
I'm so sorry you went through so an ordeal. I haven't had the same as you but I have had a lot of problems and just to give you a little hope I wanted to let you know I had a positive IVF and only tested a few days ago.
I know everyone is different but once you heal and your dr gives you the go ahead I can't see why IVF won't work for you.
We were trying for 3.5 years so I know how hard it is.
I think you will get great advice on the board Jessica suggested but also the girls here are great and will give you so much support.
I know I could not have gone through my IVF without them.

We implanted 2 as well as I will be 36 in November.
I just want to wish you the very very best of luck.
September 22nd, 2011, 02:08 PM
Okay great! I will look over on that board!!

It is very hard, especially when everyone I know is having kids and it's like why isn't it working! but I'm 22 and other than the polyps I'm in great health so I'm ready to give this IVF another try. Just trying to keep my head up, friends of mine keep telling me "well I heard it takes 6 times before IVF actually works" I'm thinking umm no not really... Everyone is different! Ugh so I just quit talking to people who are negative about it.

Thanks girls so much

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search