Pregnant women everywhere! (or so it seems)

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2011, 08:16 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
So, since I pretty much have TTC-related thoughts on my brain all the time these days, I'm finding that I keep seeing pregnant women everything, pregnancy test commercials on the tv all the time etc. I feel like I'm going crazy! Does anyone else feel that way as well?

Last night I sat down on the bus and there was a giant ad across from me that said "Think you might be pregnant?" and I was like 'aaaahhhh'.
September 23rd, 2011, 08:18 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Yep! Same here. And don't even get me started with how many babies I notice now. I just want to eat them all up.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
September 23rd, 2011, 08:37 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Yup me to and all my friends and co-workers are getting pregnant!

Forever missing my angel 2010

September 23rd, 2011, 09:04 AM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
Same here... my sis, best friend, 3 friends on FB, two ladies at the gym, etc....so many prego women around me!!

I keep seeing the ERFR test commercials all the time.

September 24th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep... they're everywhere!

I dunno if there's a baby boom going on right now or if they all come out of the woodwork just to taunt me, but they are EVERY-FREAKIN'-WHERE!!!

September 24th, 2011, 12:34 PM
BBKT's Avatar Veteran
Oh Yes, tons of empathy here! I never noticed it till about a year and a half ago. That's when hubby and I got serious about our TTC timeline. I work in a restaurant and have been analyzing female bellies for a while now. Almost every young woman that comes in looks slightly pregnant to me. I've even thought VERY young girls are pregnant. It's driving me nuts. It's not completely me though- my co workers have made some comments too. Lots of girls and young women have been wearing maternity-style shirts and stringy tank tops that make their bbs and bellies look bigger. Not sure if it's a new style of what, but I once diagnosed a 14 year old as being 6 months pregnant. LOL, maybe I am crazy....

7/2013
September 24th, 2011, 03:54 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The other day at work my coworker and I were at the customer service desk together during a quiet moment with no customers. Suddenly there were two ladies standing right by the desk talking to a third and they were both about 7-8 mos along...and so is my coworker, lol. I was surrounded by pregnant ladies!!

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
September 24th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ick!! That's too many bellies for me!

I hate the fact that the first thing I look at on most women anymore is their belly. I think it's all a matter of what your mind is focused on. When I was struggling with my weight, that was what I noticed most about other women. Now that I'm struggling to get pregnant, I notice that everyone except me seems to have a bump.

September 24th, 2011, 06:33 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
The other day I went to a lunch thing with work and fpof course the all started talking about babies because a a couples girls recently had babies and there are now 3 new girls at work now pregnant so they were all talking about that. Then today I had my sisters baby shower which was a lot of fun and I survived. I did have a moment of weakness and felt jealous. Not to mention yesterday while I was waiting to see the doctor I ran into my friend that is 8 months pregnant! So yeah....they are everywhere.

Forever missing my angel 2010

September 24th, 2011, 08:21 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
Hey there! I'm in this boat as well!!!!!

and I swear it gets worse every month as I just start thinkin' we'll be child-less forever.

TTC for too darn long...4 years...Started March 2010
February 2014 - IVF #3 - blighted ovum
Life sucks.

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
September 25th, 2011, 07:58 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
Ick!! That's too many bellies for me!

I hate the fact that the first thing I look at on most women anymore is their belly. I think it's all a matter of what your mind is focused on. When I was struggling with my weight, that was what I noticed most about other women. Now that I'm struggling to get pregnant, I notice that everyone except me seems to have a bump.

I have a permanent "bump". My food baby

I think most of the women I think are pregnant are actually not but just look it. On the other hand, I do see a TON of preggo ladies, and am SO incredibly jealous. But I do often think about how long it may have taken THEM to conceive. Sure, a lot of them probably had "oopsies" or one month and done type things, but there could be quite a few still that waited as long or longer as I have been waiting, and that helps me cope with it a bit, especially since I don't actually know them. Just a thought

September 25th, 2011, 07:42 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
They are EVERYWHERE! My sister is due in October, and my workplace is absolutely crawling with pregos!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
September 26th, 2011, 05:50 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Wow - so I'm definitely not alone on this one! My sister in law had a baby last weekend so that's probably not helping me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniM0820 View Post
Sure, a lot of them probably had "oopsies" or one month and done type things, but there could be quite a few still that waited as long or longer as I have been waiting, and that helps me cope with it a bit, especially since I don't actually know them. Just a thought
I like this attitude You're right. It's a good thought to have.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search