Dr Appt

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2011, 12:09 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I finally had my doctor appointment this morning. It went really well. I really LOVE my doctor. She really took the time and listened and answsered all my questions, looked over my charts and said everything looked good. My cycles are a little irregular but not to the point were she feels I should be on clomid and deal with side affects. She also didn't see a concern to test for PCOS because my cycles are not to unregular (my cycles vary from 25 - 29 days) and I do O every month. We ended up doing some blood work due to the irregular cycles that would test my thryoid and a few other things, which is pretty rountine so now I just wait until I get the results and go from there. Her only recommendation was to have my husband get a SA test done and to make sure we BD from CD 10 - CD 20, every other day and we should be covered! I'm going to wait for the blood work to come back, if that comes back good, I will talk my husband into getting an SA done. The doctor felt this was the best way to start and not to rush into getting any other tests done because they are so expensive; which many of you know that already unfortantely. Also, last year when I had a miscarriage I did have an extensive ultra sound down and nothing irregular or alarming was dectected at that time so my doctor really things that we should be able to conceive on our own (especially since we did once already) assuming DH has good sperm.

I also brought up taking vitamin B to help with longer cycles, she said that taking B complex can help but is not necessary and she didn't know of vit B lengthening the cycles (but that doesn't really mean anything, she just may not have ever encountered this), she said taking a prenatal vitamin should be sufficent.

(sorry for the lengthy post).

Forever missing my angel 2010

September 23rd, 2011, 12:15 PM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
I'm glad things went well and your doc seems positive. Good luck!!

September 23rd, 2011, 12:19 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Don't apologize for the long post! I've been wondering about you.

It sounds like your appointment went really well. So glad you have a caring doctor. I think getting your DH to have a SA will be a very good step. No need for you to be doing all kinds of things to conceive if any problems lie there. Hopefully you're both just fine and you'll get your BFP soon!

Interesting that your doctor hadn't heard about the B-6 lengthening LP. I'm going to ask my doctor about it, too, when I have my next appointment (if AF shows). I just know it's worked for a lot of women, and I think that lengthening it the natural way seems better than taking prescription drugs.

It's good, though, that you're doctor wasn't alarmed by your LP or cycles or anything like that. I think your 10 to 11-day LP is probably just fine!

This message was kind of rambling, but I'm excited for you!

(Is AF still a no-show? Just spotting?)

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
September 23rd, 2011, 02:41 PM
ohfiddleheads's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's sounds great! What a relief to hear that you should have problem conceiving on your own. Good luck on those test results and cycles to come! I hope it doesn't take too long

Hannah Elizabeth born June 30, 2012
via Cesarean due to breech presentation
7 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 in
September 23rd, 2011, 08:26 PM
Thanks! I just really hope we can conceive naturally and DH doesn't have a low sperm count. I told DH what the doctor said and suggested he get an SA done and he didn't object to it .

September 23rd, 2011, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Don't apologize for the long post! I've been wondering about you.

It sounds like your appointment went really well. So glad you have a caring doctor. I think getting your DH to have a SA will be a very good step. No need for you to be doing all kinds of things to conceive if any problems lie there. Hopefully you're both just fine and you'll get your BFP soon!

Interesting that your doctor hadn't heard about the B-6 lengthening LP. I'm going to ask my doctor about it, too, when I have my next appointment (if AF shows). I just know it's worked for a lot of women, and I think that lengthening it the natural way seems better than taking prescription drugs.

(Is AF still a no-show? Just spotting?)
I wanted to post about my appointment right after it was done but that was just to much to type on my phone lol. Tomorrow is my sister's baby shower and had so much to do to get ready. I am finally sitting down for the day!

I was a litlle surprised to about my doctor not knowing about b-6 lengthening LP but even doctors do not know everything, she isn't an RE so I guess it's just something she hasn't ran into but said taking it won't hurt and could help conceive. She did refer me to an RE for DH though.

Still spotting but I think AF will be making her arrival tomorrow, my tmp is still dowm. This happened lady cycle too. I spotted 2 days prior to AF arriving.

You temps look promising FX!

September 23rd, 2011, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyes25s View Post
Still spotting but I think AF will be making her arrival tomorrow, my tmp is still dowm. This happened lady cycle too. I spotted 2 days prior to AF arriving.

You temps look promising FX!
Bummer AF is gonna show, but I'm so excited for you that everything went well with your doctor. And it's awesome that your DH is ready for the SA if need be. I've already told my DH that could be something in his future. He's definitely okay with it. I'm hoping it doesn't even get to that point, though.

My temps and symptoms are driving me crazy! The temps are way higher than they were last cycle, which is exciting. And it's almost 9pm here on the West Coast, and there's still no sign of AF. I'm excited about that, but also nervous that she's maybe just delayed by a day. At the very least, though, I know that my LP was lengthened a bit this cycle, so that makes me super happy. The B-6 must be working!

I want to test, but I know that I'm not enough DPO for a positive to show, so I'm trying to practice restraint.

September 24th, 2011, 05:28 AM
I am so glad the vitamin B is working! I think I'm going to continue taking it. I know it is hard not to temp. It was hard for me not to this past week because of my crazy symptoms I was having but AF showed up this morning, I guess I am glad the :which: waited until after my appt yesterday.

I'm waiting to see your temp this morning. FX that it is still up!

September 24th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyes25s View Post
I'm waiting to see your temp this morning. FX that it is still up!
Yep, temp is still up! The bad thing, though, is that I couldn't resist taking a FRER this morning, and it was a BFN. I'm not surprised at all because I knew I shouldn't test yet. But I just couldn't resist.

Still have all the symptoms as yesterday, though I'm not as nauseous this morning. My crampiness in my lower abdomen may be just a little more pronounced. That makes me nervous that AF is on the way, but she's not shown yet. I'll be sure to keep you posted.

September 24th, 2011, 08:15 AM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
Yep, temp is still up! The bad thing, though, is that I couldn't resist taking a FRER this morning, and it was a BFN. I'm not surprised at all because I knew I shouldn't test yet. But I just couldn't resist.
Very excited for you! Lots and Lots of .

Blueeyes.....Sorry the showed today. Good news from the doc though. It's a good thing to be armed with the knowledge moving into your next cycle.

GL ladies.

September 24th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for having such a great appt... BOO for the showin' up!

I'm not surprised your Dr. didn't know about the B complex thing. My RE didn't know about or think there was any point in taking Robitussin for CM, but I know it worked!! So they don't always know or accept everything... I say, if it works for you and doesn't cause any harm... go for it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search