TTC and My love of Starbucks...

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Expecting Number 2!
Hello,

Just wanted to get some advice on TTC and caffeine. First, I will say, I love coffee. Currently, I am sipping on a Pumpkin Spice K-Cup while typing. I usually only have one cup per day, but I really love that one cup. I don't really do any other caffeinated beverages throughout the day, like pop, and very rarely I will have a second cup of coffee in the afternoon if I am really tired.

So, I am trying to figure out when I have to stop this habit. I am just finishing up AF now (and obviously I am enjoying of cup of java now, heh) and I am trying to figure out if I should cut it out now, or after I "O". during the TWW, or after a BFP.

P.S. This is really my only vice..I am not a drinker or smoker, I take my prenatal vitamins everyday, I just love me some coffee. Thanks for any advice!

September 25th, 2011, 10:21 AM
JLock126's Avatar Expecting #1
I'm like you, a one cup a day kind of gal.....but I really look forward to that cup.
I know I've read that you should lay off the caffeine when you are TTC and, of course, if you are PG. However, I'm not giving up my coffee until I get that BFP.

We are only on cycle #2 and if it appears we are having trouble TTC I will surely give it up. I, like you, don't drink any other caffeinated drinks, soda or alcohol. Nor do I drink/eat dairy or smoke. I exercise regularly and eat really clean. We cook fresh food, stay away from overly proceeds foods, and very very rarely eat fast food.

Coffee and the occasional piece of chocolate are my vices.

Just my .

September 25th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I know that most doctors will say that one cup of coffee is just fine. As long as you're not drinking caffeine excessively, you should be fine.

I love coffee, too, and I'm usually more than a one cup a day kind of gal. When I started preparing to TTC in June, I decided to lay off the caffeine. I cut back my coffee intake in general, but I switched to only decaf. It was a bit of an adjustment, but now I'm totally used to it.

TMI warning, but the biggest difference I noticed is irregularity. Since caffeine is a diuretic, my morning cup really kept me regular. Switching to decaf has changed that for sure.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
September 25th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Expecting Number 2!
Glad to know there are other coffee girls out there. And it is funny, because 10 years ago, I hated coffee. Go figure. I think I may wait until the BFP to cut out my lovely little morning cup, unless TTC becomes lengthy, then I may do anything and everything to get a BFP (standing on your head, anyone?)

And I agree with the regularity bit. When I tried to cut it out last month during my TWW, I wondered what the problem was. Time to up the fruits, veggies and fluids even more!

September 25th, 2011, 07:41 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
I don't think one cup a day is going to hurt anything, even once you are pregnant. But, if you feel better cutting it out, by all means do so!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
September 26th, 2011, 04:48 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had decided after TTC for more than just a few months that I really didn't want to put my life or other things I love on hold for something that "might" happen. While I am not a coffee drinker, I agree with the ladies about that 1 cup per day really shouldn't hurt anything, and is a lot better than what a lot of other people do.

Me, I still enjoy my Jack Daniels when the mood strikes me. However, if I am in the TWW and there is a CHANCE of being pregnant, I stay away from it. Otherwise, enjoy yourself!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search