CD 63 - No sign of O in sight

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 7th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Regular
I just have to get on here and vent. My SIL says it'd be helpful to share my feelings, so we'll see how it goes.
I'm just so tired of waiting! I'm on CD 63. No this is not the longest cycle I have had - I had one time before last on which I ovulated day 90 or something like that - the day the dr. gave me provera (which I held off on taken for a week which was good because then I did ovulate). My "usual" (I say in quotes because I haven never had a normal cycle) cycle length would be about 35-45 days.
Does anyone have suggestions on some natural supplement to take to help things get going? I've heard about soy something? And I read somewhere about vitex or something?
I think my body is just super susceptible to stress. I don't know what is going on with it and I just feel like I can't take it anymore.
One of my best friends is pregnant with her second child. I've been waiting to TTC since my DH and I got married 2 years ago last June and this August we decided to start TTC. I had discussed with my friend and we were excited to find out we both wanted to TTC at the same time. Well.... she got pregnant pretty much right off and I'm still waiting to O. She just had the first sonogram and posted pics of it - which is FANTASTIC for her! I'm super happy for her. But at the same time it sorta sucks to see the pics.
I'm trying to trust God with all of this. I know He has a plan and things will happen (or not happen) in His timing. My HEAD is fine with that but my heart still gets discouraged.
October 7th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I'm so sorry you're going through such a tough time. Stress can definitely take its toll on your cycles. And I totally empathize about logic/reason versus emotion. I think a lot of us girls on JM know exactly where you're coming from.

I have different cycle issues of my own (short LP), though I have a consistent 30-day cycle. However, I know there are several women on here who have the same issues as you. I know I've heard several talk about soy isoflavones and Vitex. The prescription drug route, of course, would be Clomid (to stimulate ovulation).

I know that as far as stress goes, I enjoy doing yoga once a week, and I also try to practice breathing exercises when I'm going through something stressful. And I can't say enough about exercising every day, just to alleviate stress. You could also go the acupuncture route, which I know some TTC #1 gals have done.

I hope others respond to you with more specific advice. For now, though, I hope you know that you can use this board to vent anytime. We're all here to listen and encourage each other.

October 9th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I was lurking, and found your post. I get extremely delayed O when I'm stressed as well. Vitex helped me a ton, but it took 2-3 months to really kick in. My cycles used to be about the same length as yours on average, and my longest one was 70+ days. After Vitex for 3 or 4 months, I O'd between CD 16 and 20. It's been that way ever since, and it was Spring 2010 that I took it.

I'd take it till I was sure I O'd then stop since it's not supposed to be taken during pregnancy. A lot of ladies take it the whole TWW, though.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
October 9th, 2011, 08:03 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Soy isoflavones are supposed to be a natural version of Clomid and are used to help ovulation. Several ladies here have used soy, though I have not. I'm sure one of them can give you some more info!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
October 10th, 2011, 03:33 PM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyctre View Post
I was lurking, and found your post. I get extremely delayed O when I'm stressed as well. Vitex helped me a ton, but it took 2-3 months to really kick in. My cycles used to be about the same length as yours on average, and my longest one was 70+ days. After Vitex for 3 or 4 months, I O'd between CD 16 and 20. It's been that way ever since, and it was Spring 2010 that I took it.

I'd take it till I was sure I O'd then stop since it's not supposed to be taken during pregnancy. A lot of ladies take it the whole TWW, though.

I might try the vitex - where can you find it? Like, the vitamin section of walmart? How do you take it and what dosage, how often, etc? I would like to try it and see if it helps...

Thanks to all the helpful suggestions - I might try out vitex first then if that doesn't seem to help try the soy stuff... I just don't know much about either thing...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search