Newbie to this board!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Hi all! My name is Megan. I was mostly a lurker in the WTC boards, until this month! That's right, my SO and I are now TTC! I got off of birth control over a year ago. Before I got on birth control I had very normal/regular cycles. Since I got off of birth control, one month AF will be 5 days long. Next month will be 10-12 days long (most of those days are spotting). Gyno says it is very normal. Due to my cycle being like this, I could ovulate anywhere from day 9 - 14. I usually have a 25 or 26 day cycle. My SO and I will be trying every other day, and hope it works!! AF just ended yesterday or the day before, so yesterday was our first day TTC. In about 2 weeks or so, I know I will be obsessing! lol!

And to everyone... I hope you all get your BFP's this month!!
October 13th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Welcome, Megan! I'm Adrienne (32), and DH is William (31), and we've been TTC #1 since July. There are so many awesome women on this board who will definitely make you feel right at home.

I have been off BCP for over 3 years now, but I had been on it for over 9 years prior to stopping. It definitely took quite a while for my cycles to regulate, but they've been very consistent 30-day cycles for the past 1 1/2 years or so. Have you considered charting, since your cycles are still a little wonky? I think the BD every other day approach is a good one, but charting would definitely help you out as well.

I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you'll be moving on to the TTC #1 Grads board very soon!

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
October 13th, 2011, 11:42 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Hi Megan! Welcome!

I'm Karin, DH is Patrick, we're both 36, and on cycle #34 of TTC our first. I had a few weird cycles when I went of BCP over 3 years ago, but once they sorted themselves out, my cycles became extremely regular. Everyone is different, but what you are experiencing is totally normal.

Best of luck to you, hope your stay is short and sweet!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
October 13th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Mrs.Paradise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im Jessica! I hope your stay here is short and sweet! good luck to you! I hope you catch that eggie QUICK!!!
October 13th, 2011, 12:42 PM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Hey Megan! Welcome to the board. I'm Katie (29) and DH and I have been TTC #1 since August. This place has been great to get info and to make me feel better about obsessing over TTC. I went off BCP 5 years ago, and I did have a few irregular cycles at the beginning.

Hope you won't be here long Lots of .

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

October 13th, 2011, 01:08 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Hi Megan! I'm JoLina (23) and DH is Jason (32) and we have been TTC #1 since september of this year! I came off of BCPs in like febuary ish of this year and were NTNP then it turned into not trying untill I graduated college. So now we are on the wagon of TTC! I wish you the best luck and welcome to the boards!

October 13th, 2011, 04:12 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Hi Megan, welcome! I'm Dawn...I hope your stay is short and sweet!

Forever missing my angel 2010

October 13th, 2011, 04:38 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Hi! I'm Jenny...DH Scott and I have been TTC #1 since January. Every other day is a great strategy if you don't want to bother with charting. If you decide you'd like more info about where you are in your cycle and such, definitely look into charting with Fertility Friend. Good luck to you!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
October 14th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Thank you so much everyone, for all of your replies! I am 29 and SO will be 29 on Christmas. I do have an ovulation app on my phone that tells me where I am in my cycles every month. It is pretty accurate and shows me ovulating today! Sometimes it is off by a day or 2. I have not started with any other testing or charting yet. That will change though, if I don't have any luck this month. Some months I will get CM when I ovulate but that is all. Good luck to all of you and tons of to everyone!!
October 14th, 2011, 10:44 AM
SLP83's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I'm Emily, on cycle 3 of TTC #1. Good luck to you!
October 14th, 2011, 11:14 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi and welcome!

I'm Dani (25) DH is Randy (23), we've been TTC since August 2010.
Every other day BDing is a gret strategy so long as you are absolutely sure you are Oing every month. Charting has showed me that I have not O'd since getting off the pill I think fertilityfriend.com is a great resource to help you pinpoint O and track everything

Either way, I hope your stay here is short and sweet!

October 14th, 2011, 08:42 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
welcome welcome welcome!!!!!

as so many of these wonderful ladies have already shown you - this board is GREAT!

DH and I are technically on our 19th cycle since coming off of bcp in March of 2009...we've been actively TTC since September of '09 and learned we are dealing with Male Factor Infertility...

Hope you have a wonderful but "short" stay here on this board!

also shout out to the region!!! I grew up in South Haven! (went to Portage High, class of '98) Valparaiso address! haha

TTC for too darn long...4 years...Started March 2010
February 2014 - IVF #3 - blighted ovum
Life sucks.

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility

Last edited by IndyMommyWannabe; October 14th, 2011 at 08:46 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search