We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Hey girls! OK so long story short I have been trying to find a job since I graduated college in june of this year and I have had no luck what so ever! Also I went to school to become a veterinary technician. So anywho, I decided to apply to other places expecially with the holiday season and a lot of people are hiring so I figured why not its a job!
So I applyed to a few places like Target and Kohls and stuff and I got a call back from Kohls yesterday and I have an interview with them tomorrow at 1230. Well Target called me today to schedule an interview for tomorrow at 300..... Well I didn't quite relize that they would be just a few hours apart!!!! So I don't know what to do! I'm just concerned with what if they offer me the job, how do I tell them if I can get back to them after I've done both interviews and if I should even do that? Should I just take both jobs or just pick one or what! Ya I'm quite confused on what to do here! Any advice would be great! Thank you so much girls!
My reco would be to do both interviews. At the end of the Kohls interview, let them know you would like to think about it overnight, and you will give them an answer tomorrow. Then do the Target interview, and at the end, tell them the same thing.
Then, you will have completed both interviews, and you will have the information on both positions, which you can then evaluate fully that night. (Assuming they both offer you the job on the spot). Then you can decide if you can/want to take both positions, or just one or the other.
If one offers you the position and the other does not, tell the one that offers it to you, that you would like a day or two (be non-specific) to think it over. The one that doesn't offer it to you, inquire as to when they expect to make a decision. If it's "too long" in your book, consider telling them that you have other offers on the table, and would like to make a decision sooner rather than later, but are very interested in their job.
Thank you so much Karin!!!! Great advice! I had my first one eairler today and they offered me the job and I have the second job in a little over an hour now. But thank you girls for the advice I greatly appreciate it!!!!
OK so the second one went good and I got that job too!!!! Now i'm just trying to decide which one to take! but I'm leaning towards kohls, I just like it better! I have a few pros and cons for both but I think I'm going to take the kohls position, I want to talk it over with DH but he is out of reach untill tomorrow afternoon probally so I'm not making any decision yet untill I get a chance to talk to DH, but when I do I will let you all know!!!! And Thank you again girls for the advice and the support!!!!