Saw My Doctor Today :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2011, 07:04 PM
BBKT's Avatar Veteran
First step in fertility testing!

It was a huge relief to finally get to talk to a doctor today. I have military healthcare which can be a jumbled mess at a larger joint base. When we where at a smaller base, all I had to do was call up the clinic and get an appointment within a week. Now that we're at a larger base, it's a headache and you're lucky to get an appointment for routine checkups within two months. We have an "appointment hotline" we have to call to schedule them. So for the last three years, I've had to call this number and have been told that there's "no available appointments" after numerous calls, reschedules, and tears, I've always just ended up driving to the clinic during errands one day and talking to a nurse at the desk who always tells me "no problem, we have plenty of appointments! When would you like to come in?".

So that's what I've again done over the last three weeks. Repeated calls to the hotline, repeated rejects, a "referral appt" with my primary care manager/provider, and a very apologetic and understanding (thankfully!) clinic staff. I went to the clinic today and checked in to see my PCM, and then walked ten feet to the women's clinic and told them that I couldn't get an appointment through the hotline. They apologized and scheduled me a consult for tomorrow morning.

I saw my PCM and was very glad to have kept that appointment! He looked at my charts and was surprised they were so detailed (thank you FF!). We talked about the spotting and possible progesterone issues. He ordered a bunch of tests and bloodwork. I'm CD 2 so he ordered three tests (one was a thyroid test, not sure about the other two), and scheduled a progesterone serum (sp?) test for CD 24 (Jan 19th which will actually be CD 25, so I may have to reschedule). Hubby was with me, so he made a referral to the fertility clinic at the other base hospital and referred hubby for a semen analysis. HUbby is VERY excited about the SA! He has the week off work, then goes back for one day nest Tuesday, then has another week off for a "guys week" in Vegas, so he is excited he can do the SA on his one day of work and get a half day for "medical reasons"! LOL

The fertility clinic at the other hospital called me right away and scheduled a consult for both me and hubby for Jan 19th. I got blood drawn and the labs done and the clerk said they'll be processed today and I'll get the results at my appointment with my gyno tomorrow.

So, I'm hoping to get some answers tomorrow, or at least by the end of January. I'm feeling really good right now!!!!

7/2013
December 27th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great! I hope you get some answers! That's awful it takes all that to get an appointment!

December 27th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
How exciting! Moving in the right direction for your BFP!

Definitely keep us posted.
December 28th, 2011, 09:31 AM
SabrinaH's Avatar Pregnant with #1!
Yay! I'm glad you were finally able to make some appointments to get those tests done. Hopefully you'll have some answers soon too!

December 29th, 2011, 09:18 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Sounds like a really productive appointment! Glad you are feeling good about it all, and keep us updated

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

December 29th, 2011, 12:02 PM
BBKT's Avatar Veteran
So I had another appointment yesterday with an obgyn. Since I'm seen on base, the doctor's rotate often and I don't usually see the same doctor more that once or twice. The last two times I was seen, I saw this awesome female doctor who was very understanding and let me ask a bunch of questions. Yesterday, I saw a new male doctor who was less than understanding. I'm glad I saw the PCM Tuesday who ordered all the tests and made the referral. I tried to talk to the dr yesterday about my charts, but he cut me off and told me not to bother temping, that it was "worthless" and didn't give accurate info. He said he would run bloodwork and that if I didn't hear from him, everything was normal and to keep trying. Um, okay. So I asked about the bloodwork from the day before and he didn't know anything about it. He looked it up, rolled his eyes, and said "Well, only one test told me what I want to know" and left it at that. Still don't know what the bloodwork from yesterday or the day before was, but he didn't say anything was abnormal, so I'm assuming everything is fine. *sigh* Oh well.

So I still have the consult appointment at the fertility clinic on the 19th. I'm definitely looking forward to that appointment. I had a friend who was seen there and she said the staff were all very nice and understanding. So cheers for a 2012 baby!!!

7/2013
December 29th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Ugh! What a jerk! Is there a way you can leave a message for the doctor you had seen before and ask for her to give you a summary of the blood work?

Good luck on the 19th. FX'd for your 2012 baby.
December 29th, 2011, 01:56 PM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Wow. That guy sounds like an a**.

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

December 29th, 2011, 05:19 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Wow... what a jerk! I hope you get some answers soon! KUP!

Forever missing my angel 2010

December 29th, 2011, 06:04 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
Yeah. hopefully you don't have to see that doc again!!
Hope you get the right answers you need so you can get your bfp!

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search