Thursday QOTD

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2011, 05:53 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
What are your plans for New Year's Eve?
December 29th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I unfortunately have to work!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
December 29th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're doing what we've done every year for the past couple years and going over to some friends of DH's and celebrating there. Normally play some games and just hang out. Low key, but fun at the same time!
WTTC #2
December 29th, 2011, 07:33 AM
SabrinaH's Avatar Pregnant with #1!
We're supposed to go out with friends to our local bar on NYE, but I am so sick right now I really don't think that is happening.

December 29th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabrinaH View Post
We're supposed to go out with friends to our local bar on NYE, but I am so sick right now I really don't think that is happening.
Ugh! I've noticed that a lot of us are sick! Last year, I was sick on NYE, and we had to cancel our trip to Las Vegas. I'm sick this year, too, though not as bad... just a cold.

We've already decided to stay in, though. It's the first time since I can't remember that we've not had plans for NYE. I'm going to make a nice dinner, and we'll just have a romantic evening.
December 29th, 2011, 07:50 AM
MoonAngel702's Avatar ~Staying Positive~
We are joining family and friends at my parents' house for dinner and then playing games all night until midnight! We always go outside right before midnight to watch the fireworks. We have a pretty good view from my parents' backyard. It's always a good time and a great way to stay away from the craziness on the strip! HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!
December 29th, 2011, 08:39 AM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
'nother sicko here!

we do have plans to get together with our friends at their house and sorta "co-host" the NYE party...but this is all dependent on how I feel in two days...

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
December 29th, 2011, 08:40 AM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Eh, we don't get worked up about NYE. Might hang with some friends, but definitely not out at the bars - way too crowded for us!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
December 29th, 2011, 09:17 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
We usually do pretty low key...we've gone out for nicer dinners before, but we are such late planners, we usually end up with like a 10pm seating. So last year we switched it up and ate at BJs, which is a chain, but it's big and has a huge menu, not to mention the best pizza and their own microbrews. We tried to have an early night last year, since we were getting up early to go to the Rose Bowl. This year, the Rose Bowl is on Monday, and DH has to work (BOOO - since my Wisconsin Badgers are playing again), so we don't have any plans for NY day, but we really liked the low key dinner. Plus, it's about 30 seconds from our house, so it keeps us off the roads!

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
December 29th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
I think we will probably be hosting a small party at our house this year. I hope everyone has a happy and safe NYE!!!!
December 29th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Karin - We love BJs!
December 29th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Sapphera's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh boy... I didn't read above and only saw Junie's comment... my mind sooo lives in the gutter.

And I'm joining in with the sickies.. my nose started getting some sniffles last night and today i've been going between stuffy and runny all day and now my ear is starting to bug me (which it never does)
WTTC #2
December 29th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphera View Post
Oh boy... I didn't read above and only saw Junie's comment... my mind sooo lives in the gutter.

And I'm joining in with the sickies.. my nose started getting some sniffles last night and today i've been going between stuffy and runny all day and now my ear is starting to bug me (which it never does)
You literally made me laugh out loud.
December 29th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Quote:
Originally Posted by junie22 View Post
You literally made me laugh out loud.
I thought the same thing! Good for Karin and Adrienne!
December 29th, 2011, 05:31 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholle ttc View Post
I thought the same thing! Good for Karin and Adrienne!
I thought the same thing and the stopped to reread Karins post

We are going out to dinner with some friends and playing match makers and will be introducing DH friend to one of my friends . After dinner we are going to the GB Gamblers came (hockey game). After that we will just play it by ear. I am also not one to sit in a crowded bar so we may end up coming back to a friend's house or ours.

I know this is wishful thinking but thought it would be cool to POAS on NYE and if by some chance it comes back + I would do my best to wait until Midnight to tell DH!

I hope you all have a safe and wonderful New Years!!!

Forever missing my angel 2010

December 29th, 2011, 07:32 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH and I are going to downtown denver with some friends< DH and I do it every year so its now a tradition and I cant miss my firework show!!!!

December 30th, 2011, 04:24 PM
HopeTea's Avatar Cautiously expecting #1
This will be my first NYE sober in a long time! Should I be admitting that?

Our favorite thing to do on NYE is watch TV! There's a special every year where a group of our favorite comedians have to spend 24 hours on a fake job. They aren't allowed to laugh or they get punished (hit with a big, rubber stick), but everything is set up to be funny! The whole special is like six hours long, and we love it! Japanese TV is incredibly entertaining, although I'm sure it sounds strange at first.

We also eat soba noodles with mochi (sticky rice cake).

Have a great time everyone! <- it's cranberry juice!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search