Got my (pre-IVF) blood work scheduled for wednesday!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By IndyMommyWannabe
  • 1 Post By IndyMommyWannabe
  • 1 Post By blueeyes25s

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2012, 10:12 AM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
as the title says.

8:35 a.m. is my appointment. She said they usually don't do blood work until closer to the time of starting IVF - but I told her we are looking to start hopefully in June...I also talked to the financing department about what our options are and it STILL sucks to hear how much $$$ it costs to do this.

BUT oh well. it'll be worth it. Course I just called my mother to discuss this (which yes, I know it's NOT her decision) but since she and I are very open with our finances with each other (always have been...my husband hates that...but anyways)....she's NOT happy that we are willing to shell out all this money just to try and have a kid.

I know she'll be beyond excited once we DO get pregnant - but we both (my parents and myself) have been trying for years to pay off debt (I directed my parents to a wonderful credit counselor so they could pay off their $90,000 debt...which they successfully did) - and so of course she's very apprehensive about us going INTO more debt just when I'm about to pay off the debt I've been working on for years to pay off (which will be paid off next month!!!

BUT again - it's not her decision and no matter how much she tells me we shouldn't take out debt to have a kid - well sorry there's NO OTHER OPTION.

so yes. we will be shelling out $14,000 + some to try to get pregnant. And then - after that (if needed) the frozen cycles are $3,700 plus meds.

(sorry my mind always goes towards the money)...

BUT I keep thinking this morning back to the pictures a friend of mine from college posted on FB today of her brand new son...god I want to post our own pictures some day!!!!!
KatieKat and Nicholle ttc like this.

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
February 13th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
GL, when do you get the results? That is a big chunk of change, wouldn't it be nice if IVF was covered by ALL insurances--maybe healthcare will head in this direction one day--one can hope! Thanks for posting, I love reading about your journey and please continue to KUP!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

February 13th, 2012, 10:34 AM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholle ttc View Post
GL, when do you get the results? That is a big chunk of change, wouldn't it be nice if IVF was covered by ALL insurances--maybe healthcare will head in this direction one day--one can hope! Thanks for posting, I love reading about your journey and please continue to KUP!
thanks Nicholle!!!

Actually - for those who ARE interested in this boring ol' life of mine...I have started a blogspot journal...but I'm using a psydeonym on my blog (you can read about it on the blog...) I try to post as much here as I can for the INCREDIBLE support you all give me...but it's a great outlet over there on blogger, too.

2012 Lilly blogspot

And yes - I hope and PRAY insurance paid for it! lol. but one thing I know - at least for next year...IF our first cycle doesn't work and we at least can freeze some embryo's for a second cycle - I'm ABSOLUTELY taking out the full $5000 on my FSA card next year! I only took out $2750 this year...oh well. it's helping to pay for the acupuncutre and meds, at least!
Nicholle ttc likes this.

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
February 13th, 2012, 10:57 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
That's great Keri-Ann! KUP on how it goes.

It's hard not to think about the financial aspect because that's a huge part of the process. Since insurance doesn't cover a thing I think there should be programs out there for people having trouble getting pregnant.
IndyMommyWannabe likes this.

Forever missing my angel 2010

February 13th, 2012, 11:23 AM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So excited to hear you have a great plan of attack. I agree that the debt aspect of all of this can be scary and daunting, but sometimes it's just worth it. KUP on the progress Will also have to check out your blog!

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search