Newbies....

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By coffeelover456
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2012, 11:57 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Why don't you stop in and introduce yourself! I'm Dawn, one of the co-hosts on the board.

There are some amazing women on this board we just want to get to know you a little better .

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 4th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Veteran
I'll play

My name is Stephanie, my DH and I got married last November and have been TTC #1 since February. I started stalking this board when my coworker (who'd been trying for 2.5 yrs) found out she was pregnant in March...mostly looking for advice for her, and ended up finding amazing women, support and advice for me...so I had to join up

I know we haven't been trying long, and not aware of any issues at this point in time...we think we had a chemical pregnancy last month, and I did have a chemical back in 2004 when I got together with my ex-husband, and a miscarriage in 2008 with same ex-husband...sooooo, yeah...not sure what else to tell you, except that I'm happy I found this board and all you wonderful ladies share so much!!!!

June 4th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Welcome Stephanie! I'm Nicholle (32), DH is Bob (36). I'm not new but just wanted to introduce myself. We've been trying since August 2011. I have a short LP--9 days and DH has subfertile morphology and motility. So we may be here for awhile. Always feel free to ask questions or rant as needed. I hope you have a nice short stay on this board!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

June 4th, 2012, 02:20 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Welcome Stephanie!

I agree with Dawn! I'm Karin, the other co-host of this board. We've had some newbies pop in to various threads, and we would love to get to know you all better. This thread is a great way to post an intro about yourself, tell us a little bit about your TTC journey, and share any other fun facts about yourself.

And don't forget, though I've noticed some of you have already, please sign in the June Roll Call in the stickies section!

This is a great group of ladies, and we all have different TTC journeys and stories to share. We have a lot of fun, and we provide load of support for each other. We are glad to welcome you into our little corner of JM that we love so much!

xx

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 4th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Hi! Just joined but I've been looking at the boards for a few months. My husband and I are going to TTC for the first time this month! I've been charting and just bought the clear blue easy fertility monitor, so I'll start that this month too. Looking forward to my (hopefully short)stay here, it looks like a great group
Nicholle ttc likes this.
June 4th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeelover456 View Post
Hi! Just joined but I've been looking at the boards for a few months. My husband and I are going to TTC for the first time this month! I've been charting and just bought the clear blue easy fertility monitor, so I'll start that this month too. Looking forward to my (hopefully short)stay here, it looks like a great group
Hi and Welcome! CBEFM is a really nice thing to have. I had one that I used for years, and while it's expensive to use, it's a super great way to track your ovulation.

Hope your stay here is short and sweet!

June 4th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Hi ladies! I hope you stay is short and sweet!

June 4th, 2012, 06:41 PM
jessicake's Avatar Veteran
Hi ladies! I'm a newbie here Hubby and I are TTC starting this month. I should get my period this week and will start charting when I do. I'm 28 and he's 25. We've been married for 3 years and have a dog, 6 backyard chickens and 2 horses as well. We are currently shopping for an acreage as well, hopefully we will find one soon and be moving this summer or fall.
June 4th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Hi and Welcome! So glad to hear you will start charting with the arrival of AF. Be sure to post a link to your chart in your siggy when you do so we can all chart stalk you when the time is right! (Also helps us if you ever have any questions about oddities in your cycle!) Hope your stay is short and sweet, but in the meantime, looking forward to getting to know you!

(Jealous that you have chickens!)
Nicholle ttc likes this.

June 5th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
Hi and Welcome! So glad to hear you will start charting with the arrival of AF. Be sure to post a link to your chart in your siggy when you do so we can all chart stalk you when the time is right! (Also helps us if you ever have any questions about oddities in your cycle!) Hope your stay is short and sweet, but in the meantime, looking forward to getting to know you!

(Jealous that you have chickens!)
Thank you!! I just signed up on the TCOYF website. Is that the site most of you use for charting? I am going to do a manual one too.

I love my chickens They are wonderful little animals!
June 5th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I wish I could have chickens....I wish I could have an entire ranch, to be honest!

Most of us use FertilityFriend.com, but there are a few who use TCOYF. It really depends. I know the ladies that use TCOYF are typically less reliant on their temperatures, and more focused on sensations and using FAM (fertility awareness method). I, personally, have used FF for years and love it. I've used both. Perhaps, since they are both free, you could sign up for each, give each a try for a few days/weeks, and you might get a better sense of which you like best?

Good luck!

June 5th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Thanks!! That is a good plan, I will try both and see. I have used TCOYF charts before, but just the manual ones, for preventing pregnancy. I'll check out the FertilityFriend one too. Fun! It'll be interesting to see if my cycle goes back to what it was before I was on the nuvaring.

We are actually shopping for a farm right now We both grew up on farms and miss the country a lot. We keep our horses at my in-laws' farm right now but I can't wait to have them at home again.
June 5th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Good plan! I'm actually writing a business plan for starting a farm for school right now (it's for my Wildlife Management class)

June 5th, 2012, 06:20 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Welcome ladies! I'm Jenny. My husband, Scott, and I have been TTC our first since January 2011. I hope you all have brief, easy journeys to your BFPs!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
June 5th, 2012, 08:43 PM
kreb's Avatar Veteran
Hi all! I'm Kyle (yes that's my real name and pronounced like a guys) and my husband I got married in May 2011. We have been TTC (though not seriously) since February when my MIL was diagnosed with cancer and said she was sad she would never meet her grandchild. This is the first cycle I've been charting and "focused".
June 5th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Hi Kyle and welcome! Please feel free to ask any questions about charting or anything else. I am sorry to hear about your MIL.

June 5th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Nice to "meet" you all ladies This is a fun thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
Good plan! I'm actually writing a business plan for starting a farm for school right now (it's for my Wildlife Management class)
Wildlife Management, that sounds very cool!! What else are learning in it? What can you do with that class?

We won't be having a farm to make money with, I wouldn't mind expanding my layers to sell fresh eggs to help pay for their feed, but mostly we just want to raise our own meat and eggs. I'd like to have room for a bigger garden too, so I can have enough veggies to freeze and can. We live in a rural, farming community so hopefully we can find the right place soon! Lots for sale anyways.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search