SA Results

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
*rant*
Rob called the Doctors office yesterday to see if his SA results were back and they were ...HOWEVER...the ******* receptionist only fed back that they were 'normal, no further action needed'. I mean WTH is 'normal'. Rob said that when he asked her for his SA results, she instantly sounded really embarrassed and sounded like she just wanted him off the phone. She works in a doctors office for christs sake! she shouldnt get embarrassed!

So when I have just spoken to the Doctor on the phone about my bloodwork (another story completely) I asked about Rob's SA results and he said he couldnt go into any further detail with me but that 'what you were told is acurrate'!

Im now feeling somewhat

On the plus side..if it was 'normal' (whatever that may be) thats a good thing right?? so why do i still feel like

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 8th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Veteran
I don't know that receptionists can be giving out test results over the phone, so maybe what she was doing was reading the results and commenting that each criterion was within the normal range.

If his SA has each criterion within the correct range, then all should be ok. Although, around 20% of couples have unexplained infertility after they've had basic investigations. So maybe that's why she's hesitant to answer questions (and let's remember, she's not a clinician so can't really give advice).

What I'm trying to say (not very well) is that although you're on edge about these results, try to relax (easier said than done), getting angry with receptionists won't change anything. Your doctor may have a more subtle interpretation of these results that may be able to guide your TTC journey, so can you make an appointment to see him/her again soon to discuss the results?

But in my opinion, if the SA is normal, then MFI is unlikely... so good luck!
June 8th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
So sorry Jen! Like Rory said, chances are everything is okay, but still if they can't tell you on the phone then they shoudn't have told you on the phone. I'm a bit persistent (i.e. annoying). I usually obtain a copy of the test results from the lab (DH may have to go with to sign a release of information). Yay about them being normal though!!!! Chances are everything is okay then! I hope they are! Thanks for keeping us posted!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

June 8th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks both, up until just over 2 months ago I was working in the NHS myself and I totally get 100% that receptionists are kinda stuck in the middle so i think that on this occasion she just bore the brunt of my frustration via JM!

I do think that if she couldnt give the results, as was to be expected really, she should have offered to arrange an appt for rob to discuss with a doctor further. Although Rob isnt the best at being on the telephone so this wont have helped.

once i have my bloodwork back ill arrange an appt for us both to go in and discuss both results further. as it stands im just

I think my internal panic and anxiety now is that...oh my god what is wrong with me ..which im sure is something everyone here can appreciate

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 8th, 2012, 07:41 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
to what the other girls said. If they are saying normal I would think everything is ok with him but I would be the same way want more details for a much better understanding and not being felt like I was being blown off.

What sucks about infertility is that there are so many parts to the equation and it can just be one little detail that is off but sometimes that one detail can be so easy to fix. In your case I really hope it's something so little and fixable. (I do wish this for everyone dealing with infertility actually).

KUP on any further details.

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 8th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
May be they're like my doc, the receptionists can't give results and they all have to be given in person, and I can't get DH's results without his consent even if we went to all other appointments together. Oh the joys of the system

Hope you're able to get to get further info, but glad to hear his results were normal!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search