Friday Five!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut
  • 1 Post By Sapphera

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2012, 10:44 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Since summer is just around the corner, how about a summery theme?

1. What is your favorite summertime treat?
2. When you were growing up, did your parents ever do anything special on your last day of school?
3. When do you break out your summer clothes?
4. What is you favorite summer food?
5. Do you ever make "summer resolutions"? (ie things you didn't do last summer but vow to do/do more of this summer?)

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 15th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1. What is your favorite summertime treat? strawberries and pimms

2. When you were growing up, did your parents ever do anything special on your last day of school? not that i can remember. although its my birthday on the 14th july so that was always pretty close to the last day which was good

3. When do you break out your summer clothes? when it gets warm lol...usually for the uk thats about august!

4. What is you favorite summer food? burgers from the bbq or couscous

5. Do you ever make "summer resolutions"? (ie things you didn't do last summer but vow to do/do more of this summer?) yeah but it is usually to loose weight, smaller and lighter summer clothes always make me feel more self conscious

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 15th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen@FirsAve View Post
1. What is your favorite summertime treat? strawberries and pimms
????????????

June 15th, 2012, 11:51 AM
jessicake's Avatar Veteran
1. What is your favorite summertime treat? Ice cream!! And fresh fruit
2. When you were growing up, did your parents ever do anything special on your last day of school? Not really, but we were always really excited LOL
3. When do you break out your summer clothes? Usually in May, though it's usually still cool then but the snow is gone and things are greening up by then so I am craving the summer clothes!
4. What is you favorite summer food? BBQ steaks!
5. Do you ever make "summer resolutions"? (ie things you didn't do last summer but vow to do/do more of this summer?) Sometimes! Usually travel and holidays

June 15th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
????????????
Pimms is an alcoholic drink you have with strawberries, mint, cucumber and orange - its so refreshing and very 'british' lol but definately an outdoors, bbq weather summery drink..

The downside is that because it doesnt taste alcoholic its easy to have too much and you end up a little tipsy!

here is the info on wiki Pimm's - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

June 15th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Heehee, I think I'm learning a lot from you!
x
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

June 15th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Sapphera's Avatar May 2013 Cohost
OMG PIMMS!!!! DH and I got sooo hooked on that when we were in the UK in the spring... We had huge discussions about what was in it since we couldn't figure it out (but then we looked it up online one night)..but..omg..we loved loved loved it.

1. What is your favorite summertime treat? Freezies

2. When you were growing up, did your parents ever do anything special on your last day of school? Nope ... it being the last day of school was awesome enough!

3. When do you break out your summer clothes? Mid June usually.. just getting the tank tops and stuff out now, though it's still been too cool to wear them.

4. What is you favorite summer food? Salads..

5. Do you ever make "summer resolutions"? Nope.. I don't make promises I know I can't keep.. *G*
Jen@FirsAve likes this.
Michelle & David, Expecting #1 May 8 2013!!

June 15th, 2012, 01:05 PM
1. What is your favorite summertime treat? Ice cream, corn on the cob (when I lived in the midwest. Californians don't know how to grow corn.)
2. When you were growing up, did your parents ever do anything special on your last day of school? Not that I recall.
3. When do you break out your summer clothes? We never put them away
4. What is you favorite summer food? Corn on the cob (again, midwest), gross yucky fatty fair/carnival food, and salads (big ones)
5. Do you ever make "summer resolutions"? (ie things you didn't do last summer but vow to do/do more of this summer?) We always vow we are going to go to the beach more...we live 15 min from the beach, and don't go as often as we should!

June 15th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Heehee, I think I'm learning a lot from you!
x
You'd be surprised at how many americanisms i've picked up from this site! i like to share the joy lol! x

June 15th, 2012, 05:45 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Quote:
[B] corn on the cob (when I lived in the midwest. Californians don't know how to grow corn.)
Truth. I can't believe there are people who think corn is supposed to taste like the frozen junk at the grocery store. Or even the 'fresh' corn they truck in. Around here, you buy corn in the drugstore parking lot that was harvested that day. We can't get fresh fish, or fresh fruit in the winter, but man, is that sweet corn good!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

My Belly Pics
June 15th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLee View Post
Truth. I can't believe there are people who think corn is supposed to taste like the frozen junk at the grocery store. Or even the 'fresh' corn they truck in. Around here, you buy corn in the drugstore parking lot that was harvested that day. We can't get fresh fish, or fresh fruit in the winter, but man, is that sweet corn good!
Number one thing I miss. I knew you would get that. If we ever make it home in the summer (rare), I eat pretty much nothing but corn. And then I find a fair and get corn there, too.

Interstate 80 Iowa - YouTube

June 15th, 2012, 05:54 PM
1. What is your favorite summertime treat? Fresh sweet corn, strawberries, Summer Shandy!
2. When you were growing up, did your parents ever do anything special on your last day of school? Not that I remember.
3. When do you break out your summer clothes? I don't actually pack them away. I wear whatever the weather calls for. The flip flops are always the first to make an appearance
4. What is you favorite summer food? Anything (everything) grilled. LOVE grilling!
5. Do you ever make "summer resolutions"? (ie things you didn't do last summer but vow to do/do more of this summer?) We built our house 3 years ago, and we have new goals for the yard every year. We also try to camp and boat as much as we can.
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

My Belly Pics
June 15th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Twin Mama
1. What is your favorite summertime treat? pluots or ice cream
2. When you were growing up, did your parents ever do anything special on your last day of school? nope, usually i had daycare because they both worked
3. When do you break out your summer clothes? um... 365 days a year?
4. What is you favorite summer food? idk... we grill 365 so not that, probably macaroni & potato salads. we tend to not have that often outside of summer.
5. Do you ever make "summer resolutions"? (ie things you didn't do last summer but vow to do/do more of this summer?) Yes, go to the lake, go on more adventure to unknown parts around here...

June 15th, 2012, 06:10 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
1. What is your favorite summertime treat? Vanillia Dipped in Cherry Ice Cream Cone from Daily Queen
2. When you were growing up, did your parents ever do anything special on your last day of school? No, I don't think so
3. When do you break out your summer clothes?Sometime in May
4. What is you favorite summer food? Fresh berries; strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
5. Do you ever make "summer resolutions"? No..just to spend as much time outside as I can before it gets cold.

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 15th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Question - do those of you in CA really get excited for summer? I feel like you can't possibly appreciate it as much as those of us who live half our lives in snowy, arctic misery
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!

My Belly Pics
June 15th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Twin Mama
Quote:
Question - do those of you in CA really get excited for summer? I feel like you can't possibly appreciate it as much as those of us who live half our lives in snowy, arctic misery
HAHAHAHA!!!! Personally, I don't really get excited about 100+ degree weather from June to sometimes September. I wish we had a Spring & Fall, we have them and they last maybe a week. I do get excited about being able to go boating and go to the lake and not freeze. We are supposed to hit 102 tomorrow... hottest day yet.

June 16th, 2012, 03:34 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Quote:
That is why I fresh fruit is my favorite summer foods! Strawberry and blueberry picking has begun here so it's time to stuck up.

Frozen corn yuck! That is just not the same! I am hungry for corn now lol. We have people all over town selling fresh fruits, veggies, and corn so it's all over the place here too.

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 16th, 2012, 06:21 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
Quote:
Since summer is just around the corner, how about a summery theme?

1. What is your favorite summertime treat?
2. When you were growing up, did your parents ever do anything special on your last day of school?
3. When do you break out your summer clothes?
4. What is you favorite summer food?
5. Do you ever make "summer resolutions"? (ie things you didn't do last summer but vow to do/do more of this summer?)
1- watermelon
2- Nova Scotians have something called Grading. If you grade, you get a gift. Always fun. The pool also opened in town on our last day of school.
3- I broke them out in March this year (no joke), in Canada, in June.
4- BBQ
5- lol yes, but I stick to them about as well as I do my New Years resolutions.
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)

Tags
friday , friday five

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search