New & TTC baby #1

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kbpeanut

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2012, 07:09 PM
KayM's Avatar Veteran
(I also posted this in the Trying To Conceive forum.)

I'm new to posting (I've actually been lurking for the last year or so) and wanted to introduce myself.

I just stopped taking birth control last month. (May 18th was my last pill) and I'm excited and nervous to ttc. I've read a lot of posts, researched a lot about ttc, and we are ready to try. I didn't do any OPK's this month, but I've ordered the 40 LH and 10 HPTs (Wondfo's) off Amazon after seeing a lot of people recommend them.

I've also been taking pre-natal vitamins. I'm due for my period this Wednesday (June 20th) and I'm hoping that I jump right back into normal periods. I've always been regular before taking bcp, and I took a 3 year break from them about 5 years ago due to lack of insurance, and they went right back to being regular when I went off of them then.

Just curious about others experiences coming off birth control. How long did it take for periods to go back to normal? To ovulate? How long to get pregnant after going off? Any and all advice would be much appreciated.
June 18th, 2012, 06:19 AM
jessicake's Avatar Veteran
Welcome! I'm a newbie too and just came off the nuvaring I came off BC last year as well (having issues with the pill) and charted for BC for about 6-7 months. I went straight into a normal cycle right away. But I think everybody is different, right now I'm thinking I O'd this month a lot sooner than I used to so my cycle might be a bit messed up from the BC right now.

June 18th, 2012, 09:47 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
and I'm Dawn, one of the co-hosts on this board. Everyone is different when it comes to getting off of BC. For me, I didn't have any issues and my body stayed pretty regular. They are actually more normal now than prior to being on BC. It is normal for it to take a few cycles to regulate. Good luck!!

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 18th, 2012, 10:42 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Hi and I'm Karin, the other co-host of this board. I was on BC for a really long time, and when I came off, it took me about 4-6 cycles to regulate. Once I did, however, I was very regular. Everyone is different, and some take far longer than others.

As far as getting pregnant, it can take 1 month or 10 years. Everyone is different, and some have a longer journey than others. Research says that it can take an average, healthy couple with regular cycles up to a year to conceive. Around these parts, we've seen 2-3 year journeys that aren't that uncommon, some less, and some more. Again, everyone is different.

I would highly recommend that you start charting your cycles. It's great that you are planning to do OPKs. Those will certainly help you pinpoint when you ovulate. Many women do not ovulate on cd 14, like is commonly understood. Some ovulate earlier, and some far later. It's also not uncommon to have an annovulatory cycle or two after coming off BC. Charting your BBT and using OPKs will really help you in this regard.

Hope this helps, and good luck. Hope your stay here is short and sweet!
x
Coley likes this.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 19th, 2012, 09:58 AM
KayM's Avatar Veteran
Thank you ladies for all the advice!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search