Oh What a Day!!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Coley
  • 2 Post By IndyMommyWannabe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since JM is being a turd and won't let me update my journal... I'll give a mini update here. I can't do the full deal otherwise this will turn into a multipage thread after like... 2 replies and it defeats the whole purpose of posting it here, ya dig?

After lots of stress this morning, I made it to the new RE's office. They are AWESOME! The nurse literally burst out laughing when she read my paperwork where I wrote I was on Yasmin BCP "Forever Ago" She said "I love the way you fill out forms!! That's my girl!"

My Dr. came out and took us (me & my parents... DH had 1st day of new job today) into his office. We sat down, went over our situation & our records. This morning before leaving the house, I found the photos my old RE had given me after my surgery, so I put those in my binder as well. He asked about my HSG & lap (when they were, etc) and I gave him all the details.

That was when he told me he'd recommend doing another one since my previous one was 2 years ago. He said that tubal disease can come back, if it's damaged enough there could be a fluid filled sac, so we should check. My face about dropped to the floor because my HSG was so painful and he said we didn't HAVE to, but not knowing how things are in there could cut our chances by 50%.

I explained that it was the single most painful medical procedure I've ever endured in my life and his face crumpled. He said "I promise you... it doesn't have to be that way and it won't be that way again. It should NEVER be that way. There are 3 things that you MUST do when doing an HSG that most people don't do. When it hurts it's because someone is trying to force the dye through, thinking if they can make the dye spill then the tube will be open. This isn't true. You can force water through a balloon with the right pressure, but once the pressure is abated, the hole can reseal, so to speak. I PROMISE you... I've been doing this for 26 years... I don't promise what I can't deliver and I promise you, it will not be like that."

I said "If you promise...?" He said "I promise." "I said I'm gonna hold you to that." So I'm having another HSG done on Wednesday afternoon. How much do I love this RE? Because of my experience, he's even given me a script for Adivan & Percocet. I'm having a bit of trouble filling the Percocet because it's a 2.5 mg script and apparently that's SUPER uncommon. I'll be sorting that out tomorrow.

He asked to see my surgery photos and said "You know these are upside down right?" while laughing. He showed them to the PA in the room and identified everything, etc. He then sat back and hit me with something I wasn't prepared for. He said "You've got really healthy looking tubes. The fimbria look GREAT. After seeing these photos, I'm not convinced you ever had tubal disease OR endometriosis. Things just look too good. I really don't think you ever had either of those. You're making this too easy for me."

Because I'm CD 4 today he said it was perfect if we wanted to start right now. He basically said if we're doing IVF, we could start my protocol today. He'd put me on BCP for about 3 weeks then we'd start stimming, etc. We went in for the u/s (just me & Dr.) and as we were walking down the hall, he stopped and said "I'm thinking about something... you've never done injectables, have you?" To which I said I had not. "After looking at those photos and you being at the very start of a new cycle, we could put you on injectables now and do an IUI this cycle. I know a lot is up to timing for you guys, so you might wanna think about it."

I asked... "If we did an IUI this cycle and say it didn't work and then had to do IVF, we'd be looking at retrieval & transfer... when?" he said "July/August". Figuring how many months of COBRA we'd be on the hook for, and knowing that DH has told me that the decisions are mine to make, I said "Let's do it"

We went in for the u/s and he said "Whoa! See that. That's a cyst left over from last cycle. I'm not comfortable starting you on injectables with that cyst there." I chimed in "Yeah, they'd probably make the cyst grow instead" and he said "Yep. So, it looks like we're back to our original plan" and I said "Okay"

Then he said "Wait... there's a 3rd option. I can put you on BCP for a week and have you come back in for an u/s and see if the BCP has caused the cyst to shrink. If it has, then we start the injectables for IUI." Which I agreed to. I've got 10 follies on each side right now and a lining of 5.77mm

So, I'm currently on BCP for one week. Tuesday night I take an Adivan. Wednesday morning I take an Adivan. Wednesday afternoon I take my Percocet and go in for my HSG. Monday morning at 9:00 I go back to the RE for b/w & u/s, after which I'll be attending their Injectables Class!!

I have so much more to say... but I don't wanna make this too long!

June 18th, 2012, 06:55 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
OMG Nikki! Sounds like an amazing appointment and an amazing RE! I am so happy for you and everything sounds so promising! Good Luck on Wednesday and KUP!

I'm am getting so for you to get started!!

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 18th, 2012, 07:14 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
SO FREAKIN EXCITED.

I will write more later.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my amazingly perfect siggy!

Our TTC Journey | View my pregnancy journals here or here
June 18th, 2012, 07:55 PM
BabyBirdies's Avatar over the rainbow?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!

June 18th, 2012, 08:03 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Perfect!!
June 18th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
Nikki - that is AWESOME and AMAZING!!!!

Soooo happy you found an amazing RE that is on your side

Sooo excited
NTNP #2
June 19th, 2012, 06:07 AM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is FANTABULOUS news! AND hopefully I won't be that far behind you! I'm just gonna come out and say we could BOTH be graduates this year! (i'm sick of playing devils advocate of things not working, we need to be positive!!!)

x infinity!
Coley and kbpeanut like this.

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility

Last edited by IndyMommyWannabe; June 19th, 2012 at 06:10 AM.
June 19th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Cait&AngelAbove's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!!! I am so excited for you Nikki!!!

Thank you so much Bokkechick for the perfect siggie!!!
12-10-10 2-6-12
June 19th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
fantastic news nikki, so happy that your get to start straight away!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

June 19th, 2012, 12:12 PM
jessicake's Avatar Veteran
Wow, what a great appointment!! He sounds like a wonderful doctor

June 19th, 2012, 12:45 PM
He really is. I'm over the moon beyond thrilled with him!! I really wish he had been the first RE I'd met. I'd probably be a momma by now. Ah well... I was meant to walk this particular path for a reason.

I finally got my Percocet script sorted out. My Dr. had to give me a new script for 5mg instead of 2.5mg because out of the 5 pharmacies we tried, nobody had it. So the directions say I can take a 1/2 pill or whole pill 1 hour before my HSG tomorrow. I have 2 in the bottle, so if I am feeling a bit rough afterwards, I'll have the other pill as a back up just in case.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he's as good as his word and that this HSG will be nothing like my first one.

June 19th, 2012, 01:48 PM
I have no doubt that your HSG will NOT be a repeat of your first.

June 19th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbpeanut View Post
I have no doubt that your HSG will NOT be a repeat of your first.
From your mouth to God's ears!!!

June 19th, 2012, 03:25 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Your RE sounds awesome! I'm sorry you have to have another HSG, but I am sure it won't be like last time.
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
June 20th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Oh Nikki, that is wonderful news!!! Gotta love a man with a plan! GL with your HSG today! I'm sure the experience will be much better than last time. Thanks for keeping us posted! Sorry that JM won't let you post in your journal (is that STILL going on?!?!?).

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

June 20th, 2012, 07:13 AM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
Good luck with your HSG today! I just know it will go so much better than the last one!

Forever missing my angel 2010

June 20th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Thinking of you today. KUP when you get back and are feeling up to an update!
x

June 20th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hoping today goes well for you Nikki

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search