smiley on digi opk !

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Veteran
I used the clearblue digi opk this cycle for the first time and got my smiley today , CD15 !! Can anyone share any experiences of using them and any success? How do you know how long after detecting the surge you ovulate? I am trying to chart bbt but i am absolutely rubbish at it, as i remember after getting up that i need to take it ! We havn't bd'd this cycle as much as last time ( although we didn't find success last cycle so not much going for 'bd loads' in our case !) only CD8 and CD13. Have also been tryting to use conceive plus lubricant, so lets see whether we find out BFP this cycle.

I am having those familiar O cramps currently although it is morning and DH at work ! What is to say I won't ovulate right now?or already have ? but i suppose that should not make too much of a difference as the egg is meant to stay there for between 12-24 hours ?

We started TTC in Dec 2011 although it was more the casual trying where we did not actually BD much around fertile time and it was a 'not trying, not preventing' approach by me as i did not feel ready then but at the same time I wouldn't have minded much. However, it has now been 6 months and i felt that approach was not getting us anywhere and i can't seem to stop myself getting worried at times! So since the last cycle I have been using OPK . The last cycle we used ic and bd'd lots (bfn ) and this cycle i got the digi clearblue and got my smiley today .

hoping to see the BFP soon as i cant help but worry there maybe something wrong...
July 16th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Personally, I've never used the digital OPK's, but either way... they all work on the same premise.

After a positive (smiley face) you will likely ovulate anywhere within the next 12-36 hours. If you are actively trying this month, you'll want to try to BD every day for the next 3-4 days.

Now is a really crucial time for you to be vigilant about your BBT temping. That's the only way you're going to know if and when you ovulated. 3 sustained elevated temps will confirm you've O'd and you'll know that your fertile window has closed.

On a side note, you won't find many "success stories" on this board, since everyone here is still trying for their first, and if they have gotten pg, it's resulted in a loss.

July 16th, 2012, 06:26 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
I've never used them personally, but to what Nikki said. Personally, I usually ovulate fairly soon after I get a positive OPK, but that's just me. I have a very short surge. I've confirmed that by temping as Nikki mentioned above. Good luck! Hope you catch that eggie

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

July 16th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Veteran
thank you i hope i ovulate soon after the surge but not so soon that it gives us a very short window of oppurtunity ! and i totally forgot im on the trying to conceive 1st child board ! will try temping from tomorow as i have a rough idea of my bbt in morning so if theres a big difference for 3 days running i should know !
July 16th, 2012, 08:11 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Ditto to what Nikki and Katie said. I have used the digi CB OPKs before, and found they work just like the cheapies....in that I was ovulating about 18-24 hours later (that's for me, personally).
July 16th, 2012, 06:20 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
Personally, I get 2-3 days of positives before I O, but everyone is different. The next few days should be your best chances!
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!