Update : Light bleeding 2 days after opk smiley...Confused!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sapphera

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Veteran
so as mentionned in a previous thread, i got a smiley on CD15 . Today is CD17 and I got some spotting/light bleeding and it is bang in the middle of my cycle! I also had some mild cramping which has now gone but the bleeding is still there, sort of looks like the end of AF, when it is drifting away. I have had to wear a pad as underwear was quite stained and panty liner may not have been enough. Could this be implantation this early? Or is it more likely to be ovulation bleeding (which btw i have never ever got) ? It is not a spot of blood, it is light flow. And while it looks brownish-red on pad , after wiping , it did look blood-red. It seems to be going down now though , although i am still wearing a pad.

Although i mentionned that i got my smiley on CD15, I could also have had CD14 as my 1st LH surge but unfotunately i missed aim and didnt get the digi soaked enough , barely a few seconds and not nearly enough as the recommened time!!! Eitherways , i was quite freaked out tbh, to see blood-stained underwear today accompanied by menstrual like cramps half way through my cycle!

What do you think? perhaps its nothing ? I wouldn't be suprised! Since ttc i have had weird body signs!
July 18th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
It's probably ovulation bleeding, or if you had a bit of rough sex it could be caused by that too... it's definitely too early for it to be implantation bleeding, and believe me, now you're probably watching a lot more signs than you ever did before!!!

I've had ovulation bleeding on one cycle since I've been TTC, so it can happen when you normally don't get it
Coley likes this.
NTNP #2
July 18th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Veteran
thanks for the reply ! yes, i am watching out fo rmore signs than usual ! I thought it may be ovulation bleeding too , in which case my eggie should be hanging around but the flow is light , not spotting but actual flow, and i cannot bring myself to BD in it. So that means this cycle i have only BD'd CD7, CD13 and CD15. and whenever this stops then can get back to the job at hand but fertile window may be over then ! Don't really know if that is enough and it definitely is not what I had planned ! Can only wait and watch as i prepare to enter yet another TWW !!!! argh!
July 18th, 2012, 03:25 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
I agree that it's most likely O bleeding. I have that a couple times which isn't normal so I'm thinking it can be a random thing.

Forever missing my angel 2010

July 18th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Veteran
yes, i agree...most probably because of the timing seems to be O bleeding ,I planned to BD tonight to cover my bases properly but can't bring myself to BD with light blood flow! Fingers crossed asusual for this cycle but am not getting hopes high as they come crashing down after AF arrives and we have not BD'd this cycle that much anyway ...but never say never! Also i agree, rough BD'ing could potentially cause it too, although we weren't 'rough' , we did try deeper pentetration and it did hurt me at first so it could just as easily be that...oh well..TWW here I am again !
July 18th, 2012, 04:42 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I would have guessed something irritated the insides...like rougher than normal intercourse. But of course, O bleeding is always a possibility!
July 18th, 2012, 05:21 PM
JennyLee's Avatar TTC #1 after loss
It sounds like more than I would expect from O bleeding. I have seen bleeding like that from sex, though (just this cycle actually).
TTC #1 since 1/11, Unexplained Infertility
M/C 2/12
Polyp Removal 11/12
4 failed IUIs

IVF #1
Started stims 9/27
ER 10/8 - 24 eggs, 15 fertilized!
Blast transfer 10/13, 4 snowbabies
Very faint 10/18 (5dp5dt)
Beta #1 10/23 - 339!!!
Beta #2 10/25 - 856!!!
U/S 11/14 - Heart rate 144!

Abigail arrived 6/28/14!

My Belly Pics
July 18th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Veteran
yes you are right. Whilst I would like to believe that this is O bleeding, it does seem a little heavy ...definitely not spotting and at the same time it is not a period. I am having to wear a pad but its not enough to fill it up. Like i said , kind of like the end of a period when it's tailoring off ! Could be from the deeper penetration from intercourse as it did hurt but as i wanted the spermies deposited as deep as possible i gritted my teeth throught the initial pain then it stopped, ( mind you, it was painful but bearable...dear me i sound straight out of fifty shades of grey !) but that was 2 days ago :s
July 20th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Veteran
update *

so the light flow of bleeding lasted just a day (CD17 , 3dpo) and tapered off on 4dpo and seemed to stop completly by late afternoon. Today , 5dpo , i againhave some brownish discharge that may be tinged red but am not sure.

I do not have any hpt nor do i plan to buy any this time around as last cycle i got my hopes up so high that i was depressed for days when AF showed up! I do have ovulation tests though, and I have heard that you can use them to feed POAS addiction ,however whilst a positive on opk after ovulation MAY indicate pregnancy , it is not a confirmation ...so i may just take an opk if feeling the need to poas!

i have never had any bleeding or red-brown tinged discharge mid cycle before though , so this is a first for me.However , sinc ewe began out ttc journey, many things have become a first for me!

Baby dustings to all !
July 20th, 2012, 11:34 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
I am thinking it is for sure from the extra deep intercourse. If it was painful for you at first, then most likely, it irritated some of your inner girly parts. I would be careful using OPKs to feed your POAS needs...even if they look positive, that means nothing in terms of pregnancy...so just be careful! I would hate to have you get what seemed to be a positive OPK, then a BFN later.
July 20th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Veteran
yes, i am not going to trust opk's and neither am i going to let my hopes get up high this cycle ! I do not actually want to test unless a missed period, this way i can maybe avoid depression that kicks on with AF arriving! I don't have any hpt, but i amhoping i have enough will power to hold on and forget about it for another 10 days or so !

but we did not bd as much as i would have liked, i wanted atleast one more shot before the fertile window closed ! so dont have that much hope actually this cycle, not as much as last one !!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search