Friday Five!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2012, 08:10 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
What was your favorite subject in school?
What was your least favorite?
Did a teacher inspire you to go into a certain career?
Did you enjoy a particular book in English class?
If you could, would you go back and relive high school all over again?

Last edited by kbpeanut; July 20th, 2012 at 08:14 AM.
July 20th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
What was your favorite subject in school? In high school, I liked English and math
What was your least favorite? Physics
Did a teacher inspire you to go into a certain career? Though I did have several inspirational teachers, none inspired me to go into a specific career
Did you enjoy a particular book in English class? I read a lot of wonderful books in high school. Though Crime and Punishment was definitely not one of my favorite books, it did introduce me to russian literature. I'm fascinated with this style of writing.
If you could, would you go back and relive high school all over again? Probably not. I think if I could go back now, I would do some things differently, but that would likely alter my life's trajectory and I wouldn't be the person that I am today.

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

July 20th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
What was your favorite subject in school? Band

What was your least favorite? French

Did a teacher inspire you to go into a certain career? My band teacher was amazing and made me really want to be a band teacher myself..didn't happen though.

Did you enjoy a particular book in English class? In high school we picked our own books for English... so my favourite would have been the unabridged version of Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.. (crazy long though)

If you could, would you go back and relive high school all over again? Absolutely not.
NTNP #2
July 20th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
What was your favorite subject in school? English
What was your least favorite? Def Algebra!
Did a teacher inspire you to go into a certain career? Yes, my English teacher actually helped me to pursue the career path I'm on now
Did you enjoy a particular book in English class? I liked The Lord of the Flies, although looking back now the book is kind of morbid...
If you could, would you go back and relive high school all over again? I would, but I would do it way differently ... if I only knew then what I know now

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

July 20th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Super Mommy
What was your favorite subject in school? Calculus
What was your least favorite? Spanish
Did a teacher inspire you to go into a certain career? Yes, my accounting teacher pushed me big time into business. I am now persuing a second degree n teaching. I hatttte crunching numbers all day.
Did you enjoy a particular book in English class? Catcher in the Rye
If you could, would you go back and relive high school all over again? Oh heckkkki no!
July 20th, 2012, 11:18 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
What was your favorite subject in school? Math - probably Algebra or Calc
What was your least favorite? CHEMISTRY
Did a teacher inspire you to go into a certain career? If I would have listened, Mr Davies, my Soph math teacher. Otherwise, my Sociology prof/advisor/dept lead Dr Ladinsky, who supported my initial track of going to the FBI.
Did you enjoy a particular book in English class? NO, I loathed English class
If you could, would you go back and relive high school all over again? I didn't love or hate it...but no, probably not.
July 20th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Super Mommy
What was your favorite subject in school? Computer class
What was your least favorite? Spanish
Did a teacher inspire you to go into a certain career? I would like to teach at the college level eventually so I did have a few professors that inspired me, or at least inspired me on how NOT to teach
Did you enjoy a particular book in English class? I love to read, and really loved The Grapes of Wrath, The Pearl, All Creatures Great and Small, and most recently, All Over but the Shoutin'
If you could, would you go back and relive high school all over again? I might consider reliving senior year, which is funny because I tried my best to convince my parents to let me skip senior year and start college a year early

"Shake it up now, Sugaree. I'll meet you at the Jubilee. And if that Jubilee don't come. Maybe I'll meet you on the run."

Tags
friday , friday five

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search