Ugh, I don't think I'm ever going to O

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2012, 02:24 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!

Maybe I'm just impatient.

I've had AF twice since stopping the pill in May.

First was on June 16
Second was July 10 (late at night on the 9th it appeared)

Today would be CD12, been testing since Monday (first cycle of using the test strips) ... & Wednesay, Thurs, Fri all very very light lines, nothing positive ... today, it looks like even the faint line is gone. I don't know if CD12 is too early to O or if I'm a late O'er ... but it's frustrating me.

I know stopping the pill can cause some delay/changes but usually they say 3 months, which would be August. I'm projecting AF to come by Aug 3 ... so I'm hoping this will be my last cycle of going crazy ...

Oh, and I started taking 50mgs of B-6 about 2 weeks ago as I hear that can help regulate your cycles.

Karin - I know you said it took you about 5 months or so ... but were you ovulating??

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

July 22nd, 2012, 08:46 AM
I know a lot of people aren't on because it's the weekend and (if you live in my area) it's beautiful outside!!!

An update on my above post ... I guess I am impatient. I tested today about 10 min ago and the line is actually the darkest I've seen so far!

It's not as dark as the control line but it seems like it's getting there. I'm going to test again this afternoon but I'm hoping this is it!! :-)

July 22nd, 2012, 05:30 PM
Wizza's Avatar TTC our first since 2009
It sounds like you are gearing up to O. I know for me my OPK's always get super faint a couple days before going positive. So just keep testing and make sure you get some well timed BD in there.

July 22nd, 2012, 06:05 PM
Def! Last night and today we DTD ... probably won't be able to tmrw but I will make sure on Tues

Here's hoping!!

July 23rd, 2012, 01:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
glad to hear your lines getting darker, i have been known not to ovulate until CD19 so theres definately plenty of time for it to happen yet, everyone is different and not lucky to O on CD14 like everyone assumes.

with the BD'ing - I hope you catch that eggie!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

July 23rd, 2012, 04:49 AM
captivate's Avatar Sticky thoughts please...
Just thought I would come over and let you know you can get naf all and then a blaring positive.

Look at my total neg on cd7 then cd 3 blaring positives then cd9 a neg but just a neg on the photo it looks positive but it wasnt.

I have 2 miracles on earth and 5 angels in heaven

July 23rd, 2012, 05:40 AM
I guess my concern is over my cycles. I have had AF twice since stopping the pill in May, and both were semi-normal (? - first was at 27 days, second was at 23 days) but both were super light and only lasted a few days so I was scared I wasn't ovulating...

Jen: thanks, I hope I catch it too, although I'm trying not to get too excited because I don't want to be disappointed when I see a BFN ..

Claire: thanks for sharing your photos. I guess I didn't realize you could go from a neg one day and the next day be positive! Last night the lines were dark, I'm going to test again today. If I get a negative I should assume that I will ovulated today(ish) right?

I'm so new to this :-(

July 23rd, 2012, 06:38 AM
Now I'm confused.

I tested again just now and the lines are still dark. How long should I expect them to stay this dark?

Thanks!!

July 23rd, 2012, 07:14 AM
Regular
Missa_Mae,

I feel the exact same way.

Exciting for you to get the darker line

I have been testing my clear blue OPK's for 4 days beginning with CD 17, and now I am on CD 20 and the lines on the test are barely visible.

According to my charting I only have 2 more days until I should ovulate, and now I am wondering if it will even happen or if I missed it.

I just read online that the morning is not the best time to be testing with OPK's, but the clear blue kit instructs that you can test at any time.

Oh man this is so stressful

*positive thinking*
July 23rd, 2012, 08:40 AM
I read somewhere that LH surges usually about 4 hours after waking. I woke up at 6 this morning for work and tested at 9:30 and the lines were the darkest I've ever seen, which I'm thinking means all systems go & I should ovulate within the next 24 hours

Time for more BD'ing ... that's the fun part of this whole experience!

*positive thinking* right back at ya

July 23rd, 2012, 08:52 AM
http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/a...n/IMAG0411.jpg

seeing if this works - the pic is kind of blurry ...

July 23rd, 2012, 08:58 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missa_Mae View Post
Karin - I know you said it took you about 5 months or so ... but were you ovulating??
Hi! Sorry I didn't respond before now, but I was out of town. I'm also usually not on much weekends, but I monitor the board, and if I see a direct question, I will usually answer! But I was away, and having a hard time keeping tabs!

Anyhow, it took me about 4-5 cycles to regulate after coming off BCP. I was ovulating most of those cycles, but I had at least 1 (maybe 2) that I did not. This is all completely normal. Also, when I would use OPKs, I would get "nothing, nothing, nothing, POSITIVE, nothing". And when I say "nothing", I mean pretty much no line, not just a negative squinter. So, this is also completely normal. You are new to all this, and don't know what is the "norm" for your body, so you just sort of need to take these first few cycles as trial and error when it comes to things like temping and OPKs. You will start to see a pattern over time, and as your cycles begin to regulate.
July 23rd, 2012, 09:05 AM
Karin - thank you for your reply, I hope you had a great weekend

I started getting faint positive lines on Wednesday (I think) of last week and then last night and today so far they are super dark positives! I posted a link to one of the pictures I took ... but the pic is a little blurry.

I'm hoping that we can time BD just right, however now I'm worried about the LP and if I O late and AF comes shortly after, my LP would be too short, right?

July 23rd, 2012, 03:22 PM
blueeyes25s's Avatar Expecting #1
OPK's will be different for everyone but for myself my lines start out light until I get a pos, the. I usually get 3 pos and them O and then lines start to get lighter. It will probably take a couple of cycles to see your own pattern.

Forever missing my angel 2010

July 23rd, 2012, 03:50 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missa_Mae View Post
I'm hoping that we can time BD just right, however now I'm worried about the LP and if I O late and AF comes shortly after, my LP would be too short, right?
If you O late, you can still have a normal LP. In theory, AF *should* arrive 12-14 days following ovulation. Again, in theory, and should are the important words there. So, even if you O late, but AF still arrives (hopefully not!!) around 12-14 days after that date, your LP is still fine.
July 24th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i just thought i'd add in my two cents about timing of doing the OPK's - i literally go from nothing to positive in hours - i tend to get my positives in an evening rather than a morning so try to test around 6pm or later on. there isnt a need to just test first thing in a morning with FMU (like with HPT's), you can do OPK's whenever ( just try and hold your pee for a bit beforehand lol) and i've known some ladies even do them at work so as to be sure they dont miss their surge!

I hope this helps some!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search