I had been posting in TTC not TTC #1 so I'll repost my hello :)

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2012, 08:54 AM
mrsEuphoria1's Avatar Veteran
Heya,
Figured I'd offer an official hello I’ve been a lurker for a while and recently posted a few times on the “Am I pregnant” forum as the DH & I just started TTC last month half-way through my cycle and I had my first “OMG MY PERIOD IS 2 days late…” scare which turned out to be my body just stressing out etc. So here I am on month 2 (But my real first attempt since last time was a few DPO)

A little bit about myself, I’m a professional student who also works fulltime and is looking forward to adding another fulltime bundle of joy to my plate soon hopefully! The DH is a few years older than me (He’s 35 and I’m 28) so he’s fully on board and has been pushing the baby thing for a while surprisingly So far I’ve set a few rules for myself though since I did have my first “PERIOD IS LATE *** IS WRONG WITH ME” moment. I’ve decided that after that first month of buying 3 pregnancy tests and getting BFN and feeling somewhat like a failure of a woman, I will not test every attempt until I am at least 1 week late. This is so I can hopefully avoid future heartbreak as I realize chances are this process could easily take 6+ months. Secondly, while we are planning and trying, I don’t want to partake in the OPK stuff so I won't be posting any of that etc. Reason being, I have enough stress in my life already and don’t want to drive myself mad. Instead we’ll just be actively trying 3+ times before/around/after O. I'll definitely keep you guys updated though and post BFPs eventually (even if I end up in the boat with the longtime tryers around here)

As part of my official hello though I did also want to reach out and say thanks to the wonderful SUPPORTIVE responses I got last month while I was panicking! I really really appreciate the fact that such a place exists where women can come together and talk about things openly and be respected to such a high degree from one-another I look forward to sharing my experience and reading about everyone else’s!

~Thanks again, Chris
October 18th, 2012, 09:03 AM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Welcome Chris! You will find this board a wonderful support system, for whatever your TTC journey looks like and wherever it takes you. Thanks for introducing yourself!
October 18th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Chris, I'm Jen (26) and DF is Rob (26) i'm the co-host of the board! welcome! thanks for the introduction. We're just starting cycle #16 and have been around a while.

This board is a great place to vent / stress and generally ask questions about TTC. everyone's journey is different and we have alot of ladies here who are very knowledgeable and so amazingly supportive!

I hope your stay here is short and sweet but I look forward to getting to know you in the meantime

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

October 18th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Hi Chris,

I'm Nicholle (33) and DH, Bob (36) have been trying for over a year. We just started cycle #15. Like Karin and Jen said, the board has a really great group of supportive women! Hopefully your stay is short and sweet, but if not, we'll be here for you! GL and KUP!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

October 18th, 2012, 10:18 AM
mrsEuphoria1's Avatar Veteran
Thanks everyone I'll be around for however long this journey takes! Hopefully I'll end up half as knowledgeable as you all!
October 18th, 2012, 06:23 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
and ! You will find only the MOST awesome women here on this board!!!!!!!!!!

good luck and hope your stay is short and sweet!

IVF=ONLY option

October 2012 = Fresh IVF #1 - retrieved 8, 6 fertilized. Transfer 2. Fail.March 2013 = Frozen #1 - Transfer 2 of 4 left. Fail.
February 2014 = Frozen #2 - Transfer remaining 2 - IMPLANTATION!
8 weeks, D&C - blighted ovum - Triploidy

July 2014 = Fresh IVF #2!

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us!"

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility
October 19th, 2012, 05:54 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Welcome to the board !

I'm Katie and DH and I have been TTC #1 for a while (14 months). I think it's good that you already realize the process could take a little bit longer than you first expected (I was completely oblivious to this when I started TTC). It'll help take the pressure off each month I think. That being said, I hope you get your BFP nice and quickly and don't have to ever worry about OPKs or anything like that!! Best of luck and feel free to ask any questions you might have

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

October 19th, 2012, 03:00 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board...

I'm Stef DH and I have been TTC for a while. the ladies here are amazing I don't know what I would have done without JM.

I hope your stay here is short and sweet.

October 21st, 2012, 07:11 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Hey Chris, welcome. I think it's a good idea not to test until your period is late, but it takes some self control! I don't have it I don't buy junk food because I'll eat it, and when I have HPTs I test! Even mid month! It's crazed Hopefully your logical posts help me restrain myself.

If everything works out as planned, will you still be in school when the baby comes?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search