Friday Funny

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By KatieKat
  • 1 Post By mrsEuphoria1
  • 1 Post By denalibear

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
TTC Myths

MYTH #1: Your Fertility Clinic/RE will Never Call you Back

It might feel like they will never call you back but eventually your fertility clinic will call. You have left a voice message with your fertility clinic early this morning. You could be calling for any number of reasons including (but not limited to) your pregnancy test results, IVF fertilization report, an inquiry about ovulation or some embarrassing questions about spotting and if it’s normal. “Hi. It’s (blank), calling again. I went for my beta blood test this morning. Please give me a call back with the results.” You called them at 8:30am. 9am, no phone call. 10am, no phone call (10:15am, check to see if phone is working. It is). 11am, no phone call. 11:15am, phone rings and it’s your mother. You quickly hang up on her. As you wait for the call, the phone comes with you into the bathroom and you contemplate calling them again. FOR THE LOVE OF INFERTILITY, WHY WON’T THEY CALL ME BACK? You start thinking that it must be bad news or you would have heard from them sooner. You wait by the phone the entire day until the clinic finally calls you back at 4:59pm. See, they do call back.

MYTH #2 You Will Get Pregnant Before Your Little Sister

False! Even though you got married first, started trying for a baby first and you are 5 years older, your little sister will most likely be pregnant before your uterus can even say “What the Fertile?“ Your sweet little sister, Janie, will likely do one of two things: (1) get married and come back from her honeymoon pregnancy, or (2) announce that her and her boyfriend (of three months) got pregnant accidentally. But not only will she get pregnant first, she will most likely, get pregnant with baby #2 before your next IUI. Congratulations to Janie.

MYTH #3 You Would be Thrilled to Plan your Sister-in-Law’s Baby Shower

OMG! Your sister-in-law, Mindy Sue, is pregnant…again! You found out on Facebook when she posted her 12 week ultrasound photo. Isn’t this like her fifth baby already? She already expects you to plan her baby shower and you would be absolutely thrilled to be the hostess. FALSE. You put on a fake smile and say “of course, I’d love to plan your shower.” Then, you politely run to the bathroom where you spend the next 20 minutes sobbing on the toilet seat. You don’t want to go to her shower, let alone plan it. In actuality, you would rather not attend any baby showers/ first birthday parties or family events where babies and preggos are present. But you will put on that false smile, bake little blue and pink cupcakes and throw Mindy Sue one hell of a baby shower. Just try not to spike the punch.

MYTH #4 You Will Never Be Jealous of a Pregnant Dog

Spotty the dog is pregnant. Belinda the cat is pregnant. Even Trish your goldfish is expecting. Your family couldn’t be more excited so why in the world are you feeling so envious? During infertility, you might will feel jealous when you hear a pregnancy announcement. Even if you feel so happy for your pregnant friend/ sister/ co-worker/ dry cleaner’s daughter, there might be some envy because you wish it were you. But you probably never expected to be envious of your pregnant dog, and you wouldn’t even think about admitting this to someone else! Anyone (who was not infertile) would think you had just gone mad. But feelings of jealousy are completely normal. During infertility, also expect to feel envious of pregnant Barbie dolls, any cartoon movie where the main character gets pregnant, and hearing that a complete stranger on Twitter is pregnant.

MYTH #5 Breaking a Negative Pregnancy Stick in Half Won’t Make you Feel Better

Yes, It will. It also helps to place it on your driveway, get in your car and drive back and forward over that negative pregnancy stick until it no longer resembles a stick

(I especially like #5 and have made a mental note for the future!)

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

October 19th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!

My sister is pregnant with child #2 and she's younger than me!!!!! On the second one, the first month she tried, she got pregnant!

Thanks Jen!!!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

October 19th, 2012, 06:48 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
I quite like number 5 as well. Ha ha
the snyders likes this.

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

October 19th, 2012, 09:30 AM
mrsEuphoria1's Avatar Veteran
Good thing my sister is 13 years younger than me =P I will seriously murder my uterus if it takes that long!
Jen@FirsAve likes this.
October 19th, 2012, 04:06 PM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Too funny...loved number 5.
Jen@FirsAve likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search