Howdy!

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2012, 04:59 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Teacher
Hey there. My husband and I are trying to conceive our first. We had a very short-lived pregnancy last month, but it didn't stick. Here's hoping we get that baby soon.
I'm 29 and a high school teacher. Hubby is 28 and is a full time student (not one of mine, lol). Hopefully he'll be in medical school this time next year.
I find that I've had a much harder time than I ever would have expected dealing with the loss of that first pregnancy (especially since it was so quick). However, the ladies over at ttcal have been great. I never really thought I was the "online community" type, but I've found it very comforting to talk to others who are dealing with the same frustrations.
It wasn't until today that I even realized there is a ttc#1 board. I decided this one is totally applicable too, so I'd love the join the party.
October 20th, 2012, 06:49 AM
denalibear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome to the board...I'm Stef

Im so sorry to hear of your loss. You are so right about the ladies on JM...it really does help to "talk" it out with people who understand.

I kook forward getting to know ya and I hope you get your sticky bean ASAP.

BTW: do you like teaching high school? I have taught middle school for a long time and I've often though of moving up to high school

October 20th, 2012, 07:05 AM
v6pony's Avatar Veteran
Sorry to hear about your loss. These ladies are great so don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.
October 20th, 2012, 07:26 AM
lalap's Avatar Super Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by denalibear View Post

BTW: do you like teaching high school? I have taught middle school for a long time and I've often though of moving up to high school
I love it! I teach seniors. Unfortunately, they do get pregnant a lot more easily than I do, so that stings a bit. Lol.
October 20th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi and I'm Jen, a co-host of the board. I'm 26 as is DF, we are currently on cycle #16 after i had surgery last month to open up one of my tubes. I'm so sorry about your loss and i'm glad youve been able to take something away from JM to help you

Thanks for introducing yourself, if you get chance you should add yourself to the october roll call sticky!

I hope your stay here is short and sweet but look forward to getting to know you!

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

October 22nd, 2012, 06:25 AM
KatieKat's Avatar TTC #1
Welcome to the board! I'm Katie and DH and I have been TTC #1 for 14 months. I'm so sorry for your loss, I had one in the spring. Dealing with a loss is difficult, you have to give yourself as much time as you need to grieve.

I never thought I was an online forum person either, but this board has been my saving grace the past year and a bit! The women have been amazing!

~thanks to Jaidynsmum for my perfect siggy!~

October 22nd, 2012, 08:10 AM
mrsEuphoria1's Avatar Veteran
Welcome So sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you guys will have that bfp soon. Also it's great to hear of another couple who will be trying to balance school and their first. When we tell people that we're trying and both fulltime students we get a lot of discouragement. (I'm 28, he's 35 but we're both also looking at nursing)
October 22nd, 2012, 08:24 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Hi and I'm Nicholle (33). DH and I have been trying for over a year, on cycle # 15.

I'm so sorry about your loss. I'm glad that you have been able to find the support and assistance that you need from one of our other boards.

TTC #1 is a great board with amazing ladies. Always feel free to ask questions, rant, etc....I hope that you have a short, sweet stay on this board!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

October 22nd, 2012, 02:28 PM
IndyMommyWannabe's Avatar Always Hoping & Praying
and !!! You've come to an incredible board with WONDERFUL ladies!!!

TTC for too darn long...4 years...Started March 2010
February 2014 - IVF #3 - blighted ovum
Life sucks.

Come visit my blog/journal to learn more about our journey - Our Adventure through Infertility

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search