Visualizing! (and a TWW symptom?)

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2012, 07:44 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
I visited a friend who just had a little boy to meet him and drop off some homemade mac 'n cheese and chili (who doesn't love comfort foods?!). This was her first child, and I think she has a thyroid issue, and has been trying for a little while to get pregnant. Over lunch we were discussing her pregnancy and delivery and she recommended that I get into yoga, if just for the breathing techniques. She also recommended visualization, because that has worked for her in a lot of ways. She described how she used yoga breathing throughout her pregnancy and really thought through the whole labor experience, picturing how the pain increased and how she would get through it, and how she wanted to do labor (steady but progressing up until the end, and only a few major pushes) and THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED. She was offered an epidural but since she was so in the zone, at 9 inches, she figured why bother at this point and 3 hours later, she had her little boy. That really resonated with me, and I told her that my day dream about being pregnant was to be pregnant during christmas time. I don't know why, but I always thought it would be great to announce a pregnancy at Christmas, or at least have that time together to reflect on it. I'm not even terribly sentimental. Anyway - she told me that I should use that as a catalyst and start using visualization. Even in the last day since our talk, I've been really optimistic about next month (or this month, if we are really stinkin' lucky). Though we have been off the pill since June, I haven't reallllllly been thinking hard that *this* is the month, nor have I made any major lifestyle changes to help make that dream a reality beyond pre-natal vitamins and exercise. I purchased some ovulation tests and HPTs on amazon (what a steal!) and I'm really going to put my best foot forward and visualize what changes I want to see in my life and that will help me work toward my goals.

On a symptoms note, my AF isn't due until next Friday, but for some reason I had really bright red blood last night after DTD. It didn't continue today, so I don't have my period. Is this something notable?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search