Could I be pregnant already???

Forum: Trying to Conceive Your First Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By infertilitywhyme
  • 1 Post By infertilitywhyme

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive Your First Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Veteran
My last period was September 25. My husband & I decided to start TTC so I stopped my birth control mid-pack (Oct 12 being my last pill, with about 10 remaining). I never got any spotting or bleeding like I've read can happen when you stop bc early. I've been experiencing some symptoms that could be related to pregnancy, but then again it could also just be a sign that my period will arrive soon (sore breasts, lots of burping, very tired, even a few dizzy spells about 4 days ago). I've taken 2 HPT's and both came back negative, but I think it might be too early to know for sure. When should I test again? My period should have arrived earlier this week...but I know I probably messed up my cycle when I went off the pill early.
October 24th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Hi Jennifer,

I'm Nicholle (33). DH and I have been trying for over a year and are on cycle # 15.

As you just got off of BCP, like you said your body still might be adjusting. I took BCP for 10 years and it took almost 40 days to get my first period. I also did not ovulate until probably day 32. You may have ovulated really late this cycle or not at all, which is really common when you first get off of BCP. I would test again the beginning of next week if AF hasn't arrived. Hopefully you'll get your BFP this cycle, but if not, hang in there, many of us have been trying for a long time!

I would also recommend that you begin charting/temping your cycles as this way you will be able to pinpoint O. Again, hopefully you won't need any of this and you get your BFP right away!

GL and KUP!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

October 24th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Veteran
Thanks for your response Nicholle! You're probably right....just wishful thinking. I'll keep you posted just in case I do get a BFP. I won't be upset if I'm not....I'd just like to either get a BFP or AF so I know which direction to start going!!

Good luck to you too!!
Nicholle ttc likes this.
October 24th, 2012, 12:04 PM
momology's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My cycle was all kinds of wonky the first couple months off with different symptoms and varying cycle lengths - but you never know

Everything Nicholle said - keeping track of everything has been super helpful!!!

Best of luck and lots of baby dust!!
October 24th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Veteran
Thanks momology, lots of baby dust to you too!!
momology likes this.
October 24th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Jennifer, I'm Jen (jennifer really but i prefer Jen) - i dont have anything else to add as I agree with Nicholle but just wanted to say

Thank you Vicki for my amazing siggie!

October 24th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Veteran
Thanks Jen, I'm glad you did!
October 29th, 2012, 11:24 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
My period took a while to regulate - hoping you're just the luckiest and get a bfp! Then play the lotto that day, too
November 1st, 2012, 08:13 AM
Veteran
that happened to me once. i think Nicholle is right. Have u heard of fish liver oils? it worked for me...
November 5th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Veteran
Just to follow up, turns out it was ALL in my head. I think going off BC mid-cycle screwed things up and maybe gave me extra symptoms that I wouldn't have normally had. Got my period 11/3, so I'll be trying again soon...should be ovulating on or around the 17th. Wish me luck! Baby dust to us all!!
November 5th, 2012, 03:55 PM
kbpeanut's Avatar Scooter!
Good luck next cycle!
November 6th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Nicholle ttc's Avatar TTC our first!
Good luck!

Natural cycles-August 2011-July 2012
August 2012-October 2012 clomid and progesterone
November 2012-IUI
December 2012, cysts from IUI, on bcp

January 2013-February 2013, long protocol IVF
15 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 7 fertilized with ICSI
All 7 made it to 5 day transfer, 2 were transferred
Only 1 frozen snowbaby
1st IVF

May 10, 2013, lap sx, Stage 1 endo

June 2013 - MA Round 2
Femara + hcg shot
IUI # 2

FET tentatively scheduled for 10/31/13

Have never seen a bfp.

November 6th, 2012, 07:22 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
If I could turn back time, I would definitely stop taking BC all this past year. If I realized how much my body would freak out about it, I may have just gotten an IUD to begin with. I was kind of bullied by a conservative nurse and wound up on BC. Good luck and try not to get too crazed for the first couple of months. Really wait until your cycles are more regular to get mobilized..
November 6th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Are you using OPK's? I also (fairly) recently got off BC after 10+ years of being on it - meaning, I had NO clue what my "regular" cycle was like. The OPK's helped me the first few cycles (and beyond) to better understand how long my natural cycle is and when I ovulate within it. Might give that a try? They are super cheap on amazon.

Tags
ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search